TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

Are you still able to put your hands up? I would think that they would want the shoulder harnesses so that people wouldn't be able to put their hands up during the near-miss sections.

On that strand, I wonder if the extra constraint like that has anything to do with the Dueling Dragons incidents? These BSG coasters are the only other dueling set Universal runs...

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Judging from the signs we saw, instructional videos, and ride op announcements I believe they went this route to stop the mainly Asian population from leaning over on the coaster and hurting themselves by smashing their face/head into the lap bar. You see this riding style all over Asia and it's not good for your body.

• 4 months later...

http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US/Attractions/UniversalStudiosSingapore/ParadeEvents/HalloweenHorrorNights2

HHN2_970x370.jpg.1febde12c5869f4f056d164ad91b6250.jpg

Even death comes with 'strings attached'.

Tired of your own playground? Come play in our maze of five scare zones and three haunted houses. Dare to experience the bizarre terror of The Puppet Master as he brings together the sinister Doctor Dementia, The Undertaker and The High Priest. Beat the odds and survive Halloween Horror Nights® 2 but be careful what you ask for – even in death, everything comes with ‘strings attached’.

Tempt fate as you wander into The Puppet Master’s demented world where he tortures his latest victims in his workshop of dolls and turns them into his imaginary friends. Be drawn by a monstrous dark energy in The Dungeon of Damnation and come face to face with your worst fears. Feel the paranoia as you venture into the world of the criminally insane in The Insanitarium and beware the ancient curses of The High Priest.

Experience fear at a whole new level at Halloween Horror Nights 2 at Universal Studios Singapore®, Resorts World™ Sentosa. Select rides, shows and attractions are open all night.

Ticket Types, Terms and Conditions & Ticket Prices

Early Bird Ticket: Event tickets purchased before 1 October 2012 - $60

Stay & Scream: Upgrade your Universal Studios Singapore Day-Pass purchased from 15 Aug to an event ticket - $45

Event Admission Ticket: Event tickets purchased from 1 Oct – 29 Oct 2012 - $68

Universal Express®: Receive priority access to three haunted houses and select Halloween Horror Nights 2 attractions - $40

Resorts World Sentosa Hotel Guests: Flash your hotel key card at any Universal Studios Singapore ticket booth - $58

Annual Pass Holders: Flash your Annual Pass at any Universal Studios Singapore ticket booth - $45

RWS Invites: Flash your RWS Invites card at any Universal Studios Singapore ticket booth - $50

Dare you take the Universal Studios Singapore® R.I.P. Tour

Indulge in an evening of unbridled fear. Our exclusive R.I.P. Tour will ensure that you and the rest of the tour receive the blood-red carpet treatment. Not only will all of you be personally guided through each spine-tingling scare zone, we promise VIP access to any of our hair-raising haunted houses and rides.

Ticket Types, Terms and Conditions & Ticket Prices

Early Bird R.I.P. Tour: R.I.P. Tour booked from 15 Aug - 30 Sep 2012 - $128

R.I.P. Tour: R.I.P. Tour booked from 1 Oct - 29 Oct 2012 - $148

To book your R.I.P. Tour, call VIP Tour Reservations at 6577 6077 or email rwstours@rwsentosa.com.

WARNING! EVENT MAY BE TOO INTENSE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN AND IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. NO COSTUMES OR MASKS ALLOWED.

HHN2-Logo_440.jpg.10f4c9161ad9722a15366eb4c3d111df.jpg

HHN2-Calendar.jpg.2684feee3be0f63969200f5477f564fb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First trip to USS early next month (very excited! ). Just wondering if anyone here can fill me in on the availability of in park upgrades.. I have a one day ticket, but am strongly considering visiting on two days.

Also any general tips ect. would also be appreciated

• 1 month later...

I'm back from two nights of Halloween Horror Nights 2. The Haunted Houses are much better than last year's and the scare zones are definitely more elaborate. The scare factor has been raised by a few levels.

However, the park's attractions were overwhelmed by flood of guests and this is quite an issue at some venues. Opening up Far Far Away and Madagascar didn't help much because most guests would just run through those areas. The event lasts for 4 hours but waiting time for Dungeon of Damnation (Haunted House) peaked at 2.5 hours in the middle of the night. Even the wait time for the shortest Haunted House, Death Alley, went up to 100 minutes!

Waiting time aside, the Haunted Houses and Scare zones were very enjoyable. There were still surprises for me even after my 2nd and 3rd walkthrough.

Halloween Horror Nights 2 review | dejiki.com

^ Wow! So maybe the real creative talent just moved to a different park?

I'm convinced that Universal Orlando just decided, "Coming up with a theme is a pain. Let's just do random haunted stuff--then pretend later that our theme was 'The Walking Dead.'"

It's good see Singapore stepping up.

This looks amazing. Would love to check it out some year.

And I still think HHN started going down hill when they started "licensing" mazes instead of creating all their own IP. I think spending the money on licenses cut into what they could spend on other things, and they just started to remove them from the budget.

dt

They announced on their Facebook page that the park hours for the remaining HHN nights have been expanded until 1AM. Good to see this event be so successful so quick! The scare zone scenes look great...I'd love to see that back at UO and at USH as well!

This looks amazing. Would love to check it out some year.

And I still think HHN started going down hill when they started "licensing" mazes instead of creating all their own IP. I think spending the money on licenses cut into what they could spend on other things, and they just started to remove them from the budget.

dt

Agreed. Silent Hill is a good case in point. Unless you saw the movie, the maze made no sense at all.

They announced on their Facebook page that the park hours for the remaining HHN nights have been expanded until 1AM. Good to see this event be so successful so quick! The scare zone scenes look great...I'd love to see that back at UO and at USH as well!

That's due to numerous complaints from some people that the wait times are too long and that they couldn't experience more than one attraction (ride or haunted house) in 4hours.