TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

I'm really excited for the Mortal Kombat reboot in a week!!! Has anyone else pre-ordered it?

I finally got to preordering it last week so I can get the "Klassic Scorpion" fatality and costume. Being as I'm a Powerup Rewards member for GameStop, I also got 3 bonus music downloads. Definitely can't wait for it, been playing Ultimate Mortal Kombat and Trilogy while I wait...as well as the PS3 demo... "Toasty!"

So who's all ready for Mortal Kombat? Who's all getting it and what system if so?

For the time being, I'm still playing Ultimate Mortal Kombat on the DS. The AI is quite difficult even on the beginner setup...fine by me as I'm a seasoned player but a newcomer will easily just shut the game off after the 3rd character in. I did get up to Shao Kahn and almost had him down, but you know how that goes...a last minute sledge hammer to the head finished me off.

Also playing Street Fighter 4 3D edition on 3DS. Probably the first handheld port I've played/seen that wasn't stripped down from their console counterparts. I have SF4 on my PS3 as well so I do have something to compare it to...which is basically the ability to take that exact game on the go and do it in 3D

^I'm getting it for Xbox 360, and I'm really excited because we got the shaft on the demo so I haven't even seen the game with my own eyes and won't until Tuesday afternoon. Go Scorpion!

The demo gives a slight taste of what the game has to offer...only 4 playable fighters: Scorpion, Sub Zero (Subbie as I call him), Mileena (Ew, her face is nasty!), and Johnny Cage. Only 2 stages: Trees from MK2, and the Pit from MK2. It is fun however when you've got a friend over for some 2-player action. So us PS3 players did get kind of spoiled as to the game's mechanics. I can say that it definitely feels like how Mortal Kombat should have been all these years...and the excitement of executing a fatality.

Spoiler alert, almost had me off my chair. Babalities are confirmed! Here's Scorpion getting "Babalitized." Character-specific babalities more than make up the lack of Friendships, though the friendships would also be amusing to watch.

Now I'm really excited for this, can't wait any longer! Scorpion makes a cute baby, lol.

I know midnight release is tonight. My local Gamestop is hosting a MK tournament as well (with the demo or full game? not sure). I do feel sorry for all the Xbox-ers when an Xbox and PS3 player take each other on as we've had a chance to learn some moves. Unfortunately, I won't be participating as all of the Gamestops in Hayward are somewhat situated in rough areas or just outside heavily gang-infested areas. Plus, if I picked the game up tonight, I'd have to wait until tomorrow to play it anyway as I would be heading to bed as soon as I got back home. Anywho, tomorrow's going to be a long day at work...

Went with my brother to pick up Mortal Kombat a little earlier. Umm awesome! Exactly what it should be. Shang Tsung even does an homage to MK vs DC with his fatality. It seems like the characters get more personality with their fighting styles, plus I love the tag-team style gameplay. *thumbs up*

Agreed. MK is such an awesome game. Anyone who has enjoyed playing MK before or is even remotely an MK fan should definitely pick this up. This game is a winner!

I also bought Socom 4 last night. I've yet to play it (I have played the beta though), but I'm sure it will be awesome as well. I just hope they fixed everything people were complaining about, like the camera and such.

Got my copy of MK a while ago, playing it now...it is everything Mortal Kombat should be!

A little trick when doing local VS mode or practice: press Triangle to access stage select. Press "Start" on the stage you want and it will play the classic music. A cool little easter egg.

I just tried the "Test your Luck" mode and good luck if you get the mode where the screen is inverted...it is bizarre! Had that mixed with headless kombat. Fun stuff!

I've definitely been playing the crap out of MK. I'm done with the story and am at 100 on the challenge tower. I knew it was going to be a difficult game, but damn, some of these challenges are impossible! Good thing you can skip and come back later. I really need to work on combos though, I suck at those.

As for Socom, I haven't even played it yet. Perhaps tomorrow.

If you have the specs for it, I hear Crysis2 has pretty great multiplayer. If you're looking for a more tactical, real experience, SWAT4 is (while somewhat dated) utterly fantastic, though don't expect to see much online play.

Also, Battlefield 2 might be worth looking at. It's much, much different than BFBC2, and still has a strong multiplayer contingent.

^Or if you have an Xbox. That's a way you can cut corners for still good graphics on Crysis (but not mind-blowing). And yes, the multiplayer is pretty good! Especially assault mode. I think I said that earlier.

I just got to Chapter 8 (of 9) in Portal 2 yesterday after buying it. Great game!

Just beat the Ladder mode after 16 losses...most on Shao Kahn and Kintaro. I initially was using Scorpion, found an advantage with Sheeva and her ground stomp, then finally had to keep Kahn at bay with Stryker by spamming grenades. So sure it's not the most efficient way of beating it but it got the job done.

PS3 players, have you guys been having problems signing onto the PSN? This makes day 2 now that I haven't been able to sign in...lame stuff!

I've been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption on the XBox 360. I just got my brother-in-law's old XBox and I only have 2 games for it. Red Dead is freaking addicting and there's so much stuff to do to take your mind off the time and off of life. If any of you have an XBox 360 and like Rockstar games, I highly recommend this one. The story is amazing and I've been playing it for over 30 hours and I just now unlocked the last part of the map (I think).

Jimmy "I'm liking the HD gaming on the XBox 360 compared to my Wii" Bo

I've never tried Red Dead Redemption but do have Undead Nightmare, the RDR add-on. Pretty cool, get to kill zombies and whatnot.

Finally got online and played my first match online which I won by the way...Sheeva (me) vs Sonya Blade. Needless to say, Sonya kept hopping around the screen more than anything else.