TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Amy and I have been embarrassingly playing with the 3DS' street pass. Normally in Reno we can only get one new person a week, but at Disneyland, we get over 40 a day! Really nerdy I know, but I don't care. So if you have a 3DS, and are trying to get more street passes, go to Disneyland!

Big rumors running around that at this years E3 expo the ps4 and the next xbox will be announced. Not sure if it will happen though ( can always dream )

Rumors have it that the chip for the next Xbox (code-named "Oban") begun development in the fall of 2011 by IBM and Global Foundries. I could definitely see a small announcement coming, and you know if one company does it, they both have to. I wouldn't expect it to be anything more than Nintendo's very vague and brief Wii U "announcement" (if you can even call it that), though.

Big rumors running around that at this years E3 expo the ps4 and the next xbox will be announced. Not sure if it will happen though ( can always dream )

Rumors have it that the chip for the next Xbox (code-named "Oban") begun development in the fall of 2011 by IBM and Global Foundries. I could definitely see a small announcement coming, and you know if one company does it, they both have to. I wouldn't expect it to be anything more than Nintendo's very vague and brief Wii U "announcement" (if you can even call it that), though.

Rumor also has it that the next gen Xbox will have the ability to block out used games. How that will work, I don't know. I'm sure many of you are aware of the used game controvercy and how current games are requiring you to activate a unique single-use pass in order to play online. Chances are that used copies would have had the pass already pre-activated on another console. I'm sure there are multiple stances on this. There's most of me that disagrees with this. Gone will be the days of borrowing a friend's game as it would technically be a 'used copy' on your console, to see if you like it. Just like any other object that can be purchased used, or given away, or traded, video games should be the same.

On the flipside, I can see where this could potentially decrease profits for publishers and developers. In that sense, my thoughts are that once they've met their goal as far as profits go, then used copies should become available, retail-wise. Otherwise, we are stuck with a game that we may no longer play, or thought it was a 'meh' experience...which would probably have a better life elsewhere besides the landfill.

Rumor also has it that the next gen Xbox will have the ability to block out used games. How that will work, I don't know. I'm sure many of you are aware of the used game controvercy and how current games are requiring you to activate a unique single-use pass in order to play online. Chances are that used copies would have had the pass already pre-activated on another console. I'm sure there are multiple stances on this. There's most of me that disagrees with this. Gone will be the days of borrowing a friend's game as it would technically be a 'used copy' on your console, to see if you like it. Just like any other object that can be purchased used, or given away, or traded, video games should be the same.

I imagine the rise of digital downloads would be a big part of that.

I just want to say that Steam's new free-to-play game, Realm of the Mad God, is GLORIOUS.

It's an 8-bit, massively-multiplayer cooperative bullet-hell-esque medieval arcade shooter with roguelike elements. Basically, you and up to 83 other players team up on a M-A-S-S-I-V-E map to kill monsters, level up, and eventually take down the God of each area (which is much easier said than done, of course). If you die, that's the end of that character: You have to start with a new toon with all of your precious loot down the drain. But this just makes you play more defensively, and really, it shouldn't take long at all to get to the maximum level of 20 when playing smart.

It's a challenging, original game that has moments of pure insanity (creating an unstoppable train of 40 people, plowing down everything in our tracks? Yes please!), and is totally worth your time. And it's free, so check it out.

A list:

539020245_minecraft_grass_block_by_blowjoe-d3f33pa-11.gif.72920c55a644c764ff6e593d0ab50ecd.gif

Found almost every non-end and non-nether element. No strongholds though...

469599778_starwars.gif.32f58faee4df9470e54f40990193203a.gif

Star Wars: Completed all six movies, unlocked all characters, bought all extra levels. And yet only about 50%.

Harry Potter: My friends seem more fascinated by this than I, but it's still fun; just not as much so as Star Wars!

Indiana Jones: Meh.

Batman: Meh. My little brother keeps murdering Alfred.

link.thumb.gif.cb213ca363dc5a47edece867de8a031a.gif

Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask: Found them really fun, but we got them used so we pretty much had everything unlocked.

Phantom Hourglass: Not gonna lie, it kinda sucked.

Twilight Princess: My dad bought a counterfeit copy that crashed my Wii after Link became a wolf. We got a new copy. Me gusta.

Skyward Sword: I LOVE THIS. My favorite Wii game EVER.

rct2.gif.48e1a353cc3e937f94dac2ae37573961.gif

The only real PC game I like. I just love the almost limitless capabilities of it, and the graphics are better than those of its successor.

1625878592_MarioSMBW1.png.dee4038325dfec34115e08c456e30785.png

I love anything and everything Mario. What can I say? I'm a Nintendo guy.

I'm heavily into Uncharted 3 right now, this series is without a doubt the best series I've ever played. Can't wait to play Wipeout 2048 on my PS Vita tomorrow!

Someday if I ever finish LA Noir I am going to play Uncharted 3. I have it sitting, still in it's originial shrink wrap waiting to be played.

Replaying Ocarina of Time 3D again, at the end of the forest temple. I've been playing it for the past few weeks on my lunch breaks. Ocarina is one of those games you can never get tired of. Plus, I'm sure like most of us, I can probably never get enough of Navi screaming "Hey! Listen! Watch out!" I really should pick back up on Master Quest however, I'm still in Dodongo's Cavern, a bit 'stuck' if you want to call it that.

Just when I thought I was out of its grasp, Skyrim pulled me back in, worse than ever.

I rolled (can I even call it rolling? It's not like I'm rolling stats, it's just making a character straight from the template.. ah well, it'll do) a Khajiit, with the purpose of focusing solely on sneak, archery, and thievery. At level 19, all I have to say is DAMN, this is fun!

I'm nearing completion of the Thieves' Guild questline (I think so, at least... I just got sent on a mission to track down the traitor), I've barely started the Dark Brotherhood quest, having only done the introductory one, I just have to sleep in a bed to continue further. I think I'll do the main quest and Bard's College quests with this character before starting a new one.. Maybe a pure mage Altmer? Redguard barbarian, specializing on 2-handed weaponry? Who knows.

Went to Gamestop earlier, had some gift cards waiting to be spent. I caved in and picked up Skyrim, a used copy for $35. I also picked up Gran Turismo. I have yet to play GT5 but I can see where I'm about to get swallowed up into the world of Skyrim and I'm just barely in the Bleakfalls temple, fighting that Frostbite Spider thing. Amazing game so far, was going good until I took an arrow in the knee Now I see what I was missing out on the past 4 months or so that the game's been out. Well, back to playing, health should be regenerated by now.

Started playing Uncharted 3 again to get the platinum trophy. Crushing difficulty wasn't bad, only had issues with the fights on the ship. Also picked up a ps vita spontaneously, and I'm loving it so far. Been playing Hot Shots Golf, Uncharted, and downloaded a few demos.

^Waiting for a 3DS Pokemon game. Don't get me wrong, I love the RPG's but I just wish that there would be some new elements to it, plot-wise. If you really look at it, the plots are all variations of each other...Boy starts off in town, picks a pokemon as starter (ok, there's been some good variations on how the story starts off here). From there, he heads off to first gym, then between first and 2nd gym, he hits up Team . Perhaps some other sidequests, mandatory or not could happen.

Zelda games follow a similar formula of 8 main objectives with a smaller side quest between major quests. However the stories are all different and feels like a fresh new experience. Would be nice to see the same with Pokemon...shoot, let's see a giant world like Skyrim on the next gen Nintendo console where a player can free roam around. Graphically, seeing Pokemon in Skyrim-like graphics/realistic would be awesome but would probably steer the kiddies away. Something like Skyward Sword on the other hand would be pretty appropriate for both young and older Nintendo fans.

Currently messing around with Gran Turismo 5, trying to get my A-license. Was playing Skyrim the past several days, defeated the second dragon. Now in Riverwood messing with the guards, shooting arrows in their knees only to have to run as the entire town attacks me.

^Waiting for a 3DS Pokemon game. Don't get me wrong, I love the RPG's but I just wish that there would be some new elements to it, plot-wise. If you really look at it, the plots are all variations of each other...Boy starts off in town, picks a pokemon as starter (ok, there's been some good variations on how the story starts off here). From there, he heads off to first gym, then between first and 2nd gym, he hits up Team . Perhaps some other sidequests, mandatory or not could happen.

You're probably going to be waiting a while. If Hoenn remakes use the BW engine, then they'll probably be DS games but I personally don't see a problem with a new Pokemon game being on an old system, especially when 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games.

Honestly, I don't care what they do with the series. I just wish they had some of the older Pokemon in Unova. I get the whole idea of starting fresh, but it really felt like gen IV Pokemon weren't as fleshed out as they could have been. What I mean is that since you can find no Pokemon besides the ones native to Unova pre-national Pokedex, it gives gen IV Pokemon the least amount of representation of any generation of Pokemeon to date (Only being found pre-national Pokedex in three games).

For reference: (Remakes and stadium style games not included) (Colosseum and XD included)

-Gen I- 14 games

-Gen II- 11 games

-Gen III- 8 games

-Gen IV- 3 games

-Gen V- 4 games

Even Gen V, while being the "newest" will still have more representation than Gen IV come the end of 2012.

*And to think, that this rant stemmed from my dislike of not being able to find Zubat until the aftergame of BW. Because Zubat's evolutionary chain is just plain awesome.

Playing through Leaf Green again. My current team is:

Wartortle-Cannon

-Water Gun

-Tackle

-Tail Whip

-Withdraw

It's not much but it's getting some good stalling in. Moveset will change as better moves make themselves available.

-Beedrill-Aqpuncture

-Twineedle

-Fury Attack

-Brick Break

-Focus Energy

Give him a chance. He doesn't suck as much as people say he does.