TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ask Alvey - What the hell is this board????

robbalvey

If you are respectful of others, courteous and slightly overgoing you should have no trouble making friends on a TPR Trip. Just like any other new experience just be yourself. Months before the trip starts there is a Private Forum on TPR just for the participants of your trip to allow people to get to know each other and bond beforehand.

Some people on the trips are hardcore about riding as many coasters/thrill rides as possible, others are more laid back and some do the trips more for the social aspect.

This hobby as a whole tends to be more male dominated but on some of the US trips there has been a surprisingly high percentage of women.

There are no restrictions on rooming. There have been instances where male and female friends roomed together as well as couples.

Thanks for your interest in TPR. Glad you enjoy the site.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yeah... Somehow, we managed to connect and then there were sparks!

Taylor, I did my first TPR tour two Summer ago (and roomed with CTU Agent after meeting him on the trip forum) and since that time, I've met some incredible people from around the world. As long as you have an open mind going in, you'll really find yourself loving the trips. If it gives you any idea, I talk to some of my trip friends daily, and one of them (whom I met on that first tour) actually does a "show" here on the site with me.

You never know who you may meet or the experiences you might have, but on a TPR tour, memories and friendships are complementary.

And now I feel like a true hospitality salesman...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello I was just wondering what park's in the UK do you benefit from in the UK and what are the benefit's ?

Have you checked the link at the top of the page called Club TPR??

there's a list of benefits there....

Hi I was just wondering if when you plan a trip to go somewhere (i.e flamingo land) is it a good idea to put it up on an events board and if it is how do you do it ?

NO NEVER PUT YOUR OWN PERSONAL TRIPS ON THE EVENTS CALENDAR. The events calendar is for TPR events and official park events, not personal travels.

The submission tool is currently down. There is a list of rides that are not currently in the park index in the following thread and photos of those rides can be submitted in that thread.

Check out Page 31

However, if you wish to submit additional high quality photos of rides that we already have photos of in the Park Index, we'll just need you to be patient and wait until the submission tool is up and running again.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for putting all this effort into Club TPR and Theme Park Review. Earlier you said that there's usually less women joining the trips but how about age distribution and how old is your oldest participant (hope that's not confidential)?

About the trips: is the concept all or nothing? With 3 kids it's not possible to be away for more than 4 to 6 days (Bring the whole family you might say but my wife isn't very fond of theme parks).

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for putting all this effort into Club TPR and Theme Park Review. Earlier you said that there's usually less women joining the trips but how about age distribution and how old is your oldest participant (hope that's not confidential)

The oldest would have to be Jeff Johnson, he is somewhere between the age of the Earth and the Sun. No one knows for sure.

The age range for TPR trips is across the board. For the most part it is 16 to 60. The ages tend to be younger on the US trips and a little older on the international ones but young and old can be found on any trip.

About the trips: is the concept all or nothing? With 3 kids it's not possible to be away for more than 4 to 6 days (Bring the whole family you might say but my wife isn't very fond of theme parks).

What ever the flyer says is what the trips are. Think of the logistics of trying to plan a trip and have people only do parts. There are rooming arrangements, park tickets to be purchased, transportation to taken care of. It is hard enough to plan for 60 - 70 people as it is. If the trips were any shorter then they are now it would get expensive for the participants with airfare for just a few days of fun.

Depending on your kids ages maybe you could do what I did and bring your older kid(s) along on the trip and leave the young ones at home with your wife.

The oldest would have to be Jeff Johnson, he is somewhere between the age of the Earth and the Sun. No one knows for sure.

The age range for TPR trips is across the board. For the most part it is 16 to 60. The ages tend to be younger on the US trips and a little older on the international ones but young and old can be found on any trip.

That's really good and comforting news for a middle-aged kid! And by the way - my friend told me that he and his father-in-law rode Insane and Fritt Fall (drop tower) at Gröna Lund this year. His father-in-law is 74 - inspiring!

What ever the flyer says is what the trips are. Think of the logistics of trying to plan a trip and have people only do parts. There are rooming arrangements, park tickets to be purchased, transportation to taken care of. It is hard enough to plan for 60 - 70 people as it is. If the trips were any shorter then they are now it would get expensive for the participants with airfare for just a few days of fun.

Yes i suspected that with all that effort put in the arrangements. Well, there's still time - i'm not even close to 74

Depending on your kids ages maybe you could do what I did and bring your older kid(s) along on the trip and leave the young ones at home with your wife.

I think that is a brilliant idea. My wife may have a different opinion though...there will probably be some discussions concerning compensation (say 2 weeks on a quiet island without kids)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey Robb. Sometime in the near future, I plan on embarking on a 2 week amusement park trip on the east coast with a few friends. We plan on piling into one vehicle (probably a large van) and share a hotel room every night. I was wondering if there were any other ways to save money as far as theme park admissions/food/etc. that Theme Park Review members take advantage of? I know some parks may give out line-cutting passes for special groups, but I doubt they would regard a few kids as a "special group". If you could get back to me on the most effective and efficient way to pull this trip off that would be awesome. Thanks,

-Tim Green

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me why the video I have been reuploading for days now, "Happy Birthday Walt Disney World (40th Anniversary)" does not play. I've loaded it in WMV and AVI formats and it apparently does not convert to FLV. This is only the second time I've done this, the first was in 2007 and had no problems. Is there some kind of prescreen that it has to go through first? Videos that were uploaded after mine work.

• 1 year later...