TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: BGE 10-27-06

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice P:TR! No disrespect, but does EVERYONE in VA have personalized license plates! I've been to different parts of VA a number of times, and it seems like every car has personalized plates. Are they issued to you along with your Super Wal-Mart membership card?

G "my pers. plates would say WLHUNG" Money (big William Hung fan)

Nice P:TR! No disrespect, but does EVERYONE in VA have personalized license plates! I've been to different parts of VA a number of times, and it seems like every car has personalized plates. Are they issued to you along with your Super Wal-Mart membership card?

Actually yes

Per. plates are very cheap compared to other states only $10 a year and that has been my plate since 1996. I think alot of states are around $80-$100

Yes they are VERY common in VA, I would say about 50% at least have personalized plates. You should see how many plate designs we have. Just about every Hobby, sports team, College or Va symbol you can imagine (except coasters =( ) can be on your plate for $25 a year.

JEFF

Nice work as usual, Jeff. I'll be there on closing day (tomorrow) for sure.

I am sure it will be a mad house this weekend. the weather forecast is fantastic for today and tomorrow. and NOBODY was there on Fri.

Germany lot was only about 3/4 full and that was it and since it started pouring rain as I was leaving about 3:30, I think alot of those people will be there this weekend too.

Sunday will probably be 2 hour lines with 2 trains

I had walk ons with 2 trains yesterday

JEFF

Actually yes

Per. plates are very cheap compared to other states only $10 a year and that has been my plate since 1996. I think alot of states are around $80-$100

Yes they are VERY common in VA, I would say about 50% at least have personalized plates. You should see how many plate designs we have. Just about every Hobby, sports team, College or Va symbol you can imagine (except coasters =( ) can be on your plate for $25 a year.

JEFF

WOW nice! I didn't think it was just me...

Nice work as usual, Jeff. I'll be there on closing day (tomorrow) for sure.

I am sure it will be a mad house this weekend. the weather forecast is fantastic for today and tomorrow. and NOBODY was there on Fri.

Germany lot was only about 3/4 full and that was it and since it started pouring rain as I was leaving about 3:30, I think alot of those people will be there this weekend too.

Sunday will probably be 2 hour lines with 2 trains

I had walk ons with 2 trains yesterday

JEFF

We shall see--Sundays are usually fairly slow, but the lousy weather on Friday might've made other people hold off. I was with a friend at PKD (she wanted to check out Fearfest) yesterday, and the joint was jumpin'.

Sunday was pretty crazy--even Nessie had a relatively long line (full in the upper queue), which only took a little over ten minutes (thanks to three-train operation), and the Smokehouse had a full queue before 4:30.

So, Nessie, Wolfie (again, three trains), the haunted stuff, and I was outta there. Alpie and Appie were packed (don't know how many trains they were running, though).

Why are there brakes on the drop on Big Bad Wolf? How weak is that sh*t!? I'm sure there is some logical engineering reason behind this but.... whatever. I guess slowing down the drop would add .005 seconds to enjoy the view of the turn over the water or something?

Those are breaks, right?

Anywho, good pics, bro. I love these onride photo trip reports to compliment all the TRs that are just pics of the park and rides from ground level.

And I agree with a previous poster that pointed out that the foliage is more September-like than late October. The park is usually very colorful from the trees changing at this time of year. Bummer. Stupid global warming or whatever the excuse is this year.

bge4019_955.jpg.c5c0b1f66fc798cf49cbd659ee325def.jpg

Breaks!? On a drop!?

/\ Yes, those are Trim Brakes. They are primarily there to slow the train down enough so that the trains do not swing into the supports on the Brake run.

It is not uncommon in March for the brakes to be practically off due to cold weather and this is usually when the trains hit the supports. On the support that is circled at that spot there used to be a indentation and a cut on the support from where the foot pedal on the side of the train hit it.

JEFF

BBW.thumb.jpg.93149837e2680ecfe0186b504ee87207.jpg