TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official LOST Discussion Thread

obeygiant

IF you need recaps, may I suggest Televisionwithoutpity

I stopped watching partway though season 3. I doubt I'll watch it again, the only thing that makes wathing it a possibility is there is nothing else on right now that's new.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be really happy if the 8 episodes are similar to then end of last season as opposed to that beginning prison/alcatraz story arc. Personally, I almost gave up on lost during those, but was really into the show by the time of the finale last year.

I'm just so happy that it will be back on in a few days. It feels like I've been waiting for this for over a year. Even though we only get 8 episodes, I think they'll be 8 of the best in the show's history. Those "Missing Pieces" mobisodes have helped to get ready for the season, the last one of which totally blew my mind.

In our local TV listings, it has ABC broadcasting two hours of LOST tomorrow night, starting at 8pm PST.

I think it might be last season's finale, but the episode description isn't saying much, except:

"Jack and the castaways begin efforts to make contact with Naomi's rescue ship."

Well, this and Thursday night will be a fine start with me, lol.

^ Yes, that's what I know about Thursday night. And that is on CTV in Canada, too.

But - I rechecked our local listings and this two hours of LOST tomorrow night is only on ABC. 8-10 pm, PST.

^^ CTV is airing new episodes of "American Idol" and "The Moment of Truth" in the 8-10 time slot, tomorrow night.

So, it must be a replay of the entire Season 3 finale, yes? No?

I'll watch it anyway LOL!

Rats.

The station subbed another show in the 8-9 pm time slot tonight. And "Lost" is still listed there from 8-10.... but

"Wife Swap"?

Hmmmph.

Oh well, there is tomorrow night.

Finally.

Rats.

The station subbed another show in the 8-9 pm time slot tonight. And "Lost" is still listed there from 8-10.... but

"Wife Swap"?

Does CTV broadcast their signal (with the American shows) on the actual American channels for you on occasion? CTV owned the (Canadian broadcast) rights to LOST as of last season, but last night the finale was broadcast on A-Channel, which I think is limited to Ontario.

In any case, I watched it on ABC/A-Channel until 10:00 when they screwed up the signal, switched over to ABC, and someone flipped the switch again 10 minutes later.

God, I hate Canadian television... the only good thing thing to come out of it is that my CBC comedies aren't affected by the writer's strike.

Dan "Personally switches from cable to TV antennae during the Super Bowl for the GOOD commercials" Smith

^ A-Channel runs here on the west coast too, through a station on Vancouver Island. They took over the ABC signal at 9 and ran the Lost Season 3 Finale with the pop-up stuff you had mentioned before.

It wasn't too distracting, and actually was witty here and there depending on the timing of the scenes being shown, etc. And it sure gave a ton of background information and connections I couldn't (or didn't) remember, lol.

And yes, CTV, CityTV, VTV and A-Channel all take over the American channels with prime time scheduling here, depending on the show. Which is usually annoying, since they sometimes time the commercials different and end up hacking a sitcom or hour-long show up differently than how the US channel is doing it.

But - on with the show, tonight!

CTV, CityTV, VTV and A-Channel all take over the American channels with prime time scheduling here, depending on the show. Which is usually annoying, since they sometimes time the commercials different and end up hacking a sitcom or hour-long show up differently than how the US channel is doing it.

Exactly. CTV switched their signal 5 minutes before the end of Season 2 (when the hatch asploded) back to ABC... whose show had already ended and was rolling the credits.

Anywho, MSN's talking about a one-hour recap episode at 8:00 (LOST: Past, Present and Future") with the premiere at 9:00. Darned if I know if the actual premiere episode is 2 hours or if ABC's pulling it all into one block of television.

Wow, I actually did not like the episode at all... Spoiler alert - below....

It really didn't advance the plot much. Basically we now know 4 things. The group split in 2 - one went with Locke, one with Jack. (we knew from the last episode of the last season that Locke was not in Jack's good graces).

We know now that Hurley can hear, and possibly see, Jakob. I think that is the most significant thing that came out of this episode.

We know that there are 6 survivors from the island (The Oceanic 6) - only 3 have been named: Kate, Jack, and Hurley. My bet is Locke is the dead body from last season.

Finally, we know that "The Island" is trying to pull the survivors back, and possibly driving the survivor's mad one by one. Somehow Charlie is communicating to Hurley from beyond the grave. We do get one hint, though, and I hope everyone caught on to it: Charlie says "They still need you." Seems like the 6 that came off weren't really the only survivors. They were just the only ones that were allowed to leave. The rest of the group is probably still back on the island.

Again, though, I thought it was one of the poorest of all the episodes of lost. The action was very slow. Not much exposition (was it just me, or did this seem to be an episode with the most commercials in it, or what?), and character development took a turn for the worst (alright writers - for Jack to threaten to kill Locke is one thing, but the sudden turn to violence over the last to episodes is disturbing, and completely out of character)...

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Not as good as the last season openers...but it was a new LOST and that's good enough for me.

^ There is one big thing that was a huge easter egg to this episode that you missed....

SPOILER ALERT...

In the episode we actually see who Jacob is. I won't tell who it is...but if you check out Lost Screencaps you can see who it is.

As for the commercials get used to it. Think about it this way...this is the ONLY new show on TV right now that isn't reality tv. Thus, sponsors will be buying ad time like no body's business b/c of the viewer ship of the show.

^ Haha, I just saw the screenshot. To be fair, when watching tv it is really difficult to see this - and there are a total of 3 - counte em 3 - frames that has that image in it.

That really does not jive with the image of Jakob from season 3. I wonder if he was just a stand in? Or, perhaps, even more insidious, Jacob is whomever he wants to be to the person he chooses to show himself..... That will make it very hard for us Lost-addicts-conspiracy theorists to figure out for a long time....

Shawn "Lost is the best ever" Coleman

I thought it was a good episode last night. Defenitly left us at a cliffhanger with the man who parachuted down. I wonder what happens to Locke's group because when Jack came and visited Hurley at the mental institution, he said he was sorry that he went with Locke instead of him. Wonder what happens?

Brent "I'm so glad Lost is back!" Shenton

In the episode we actually see who Jacob is.

No, you only see a Jacob if you freeze the screen shot.

I'm still don't subscribe to the wastefulness of studying the program ad nauseum, so even though those who go through the trouble can see an image I don't take this to mean much. If the viewer was meant to see Jacob we would see him without the need for enhancements.

Second it is possible that Jacob appears in a different form each individual.

Also, we have no evidence that Hurley actually saw Jacob. I don't recall him asking Locke "who" was in the rocking chair in the cabin?

Regarding commercials - get used to them folks. ABC owes a lot of advertisers a lot of money in makegoods for not airing much original programming the past few months.

I liked the episode!

I thought it was very cool finding out that six people make it off the island...start guessing now! (Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sawyer, Sayid, Juliet would be my guesses)

Some of it was creepy, some of it was weird. I agree they didn't advance the story very far, but all of a sudden it seems a lot more REAL and less Supernatural which I like.