TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official LOST Discussion Thread

obeygiant

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome episode. Fights, Guns, Explosions just needed some fire.

Fight between Jack and Sawyer was great.

Finally a revelation about Jacob.

Miles has the best delivery when he delivers his lines.

Time to speculate for the next 8 months.

Now, there is another mystery character that we get to theorize the identity of for the next several months.

If you mean the guy on the beach with Jacob during the early part of the episode, I'm under the impression he is Jacob's brother Esau.

Not to get all religious on you or anything, but check out Genesis 27:41 and tell me what you make of it. You may also recall that our good friend Ben's mother died while giving birth to him, with her last words being, "Name him Benjamin". Oddly enough, (or not...) you will find that same scene played out in Genesis 35:18

Many parts of several LOST episodes line up too closely with with the book of Genesis for it to be coincidence. I'll be interested to see how they weave the whole story together next season. I have a hunch Desmond and his time at the monastery will play a major roll in how it all plays out.

Was anyone else sent into depression with the "Lost Final Season 2010" phrase?

Yup.

So is the other guy on the beach with Jacob the guy who has been showing up as dead people? Locke, Christian, Yemi(Spelling?) have all showed up on the island after being dead.

^^ Actually, I thought that very same thing about Esau. The only reason I didn't think it was possible was that I could of swore the producers said this show does not have anything to the bible. Then again, they also said the show is not about time travel.

^I believe that is the smoke monster, but anything is possible with this show. Maybe, he is the smoke monster?!?

Whomever this mystery character is, they now appear to have control of the island.

And I am actually a little relieved the final season is upon us. Having watched the show from the first episode on, I can't take much more of the dragging out.

Was anyone else sent into depression with the "Lost Final Season 2010" phrase?

Yup.

So is the other guy on the beach with Jacob the guy who has been showing up as dead people? Locke, Christian, Yemi(Spelling?) have all showed up on the island after being dead.

Well, we know the "enemy" of Jacob took the form of John Locke (the loophole conversation at the beginning and end proves this). The others are still up in the air.

Did anyone happen to notice that the fish Jacob ate at the beginning of the episode appeared to be a Red Herring? It may be interesting to note that Herrings are found in the Northern Atlantic and Pacific oceans, while our story is supposedly playing out in the South Pacific. I wonder if the writers weren't having a little fun with us. It makes you wonder how much of this episode was intended to lead us astray.

Are we sure it's a Red Herring? It looks a lot like the Red Snappers I catch in Animal Crossing!

Seirously though...I was SOOO HAPPY to see SOOO much about the Foot!!!! Since they saw that foot statue like 2 seasons ago it's been one of my main mysteries! I'm so glad that there was so much about it!!!!

Also, I hate Juliet, so I really hope she dies. Watching her suffer after her fall, I was happy.

Plus seeing Bernard and Rose!

Great finale!!!

^I'm pretty positive that Adam and Eve are Desmond and Penny.

Edit: Just to back my statement, I'll offer my reasoning. Adam and Eve were found with a black and white stone in their possession. In the episode where Desmond flashes back in the time, we see him at Penny's flat and there are identical black and white stones located on a table. It was right around the time of this episode, that the producers said in a interview that the identity of Adam and Eve were not what was a mystery. It was how they got there that is a mystery. Now, that we know that that the show's characters are capable of skipping through time, it is feasible that Desmond and Penny will get trapped in a time skip next season.

Check out this link which talks about this theory. thelostelders.blogspot.com/2008/01/who-are-adam-and-eve.html

My big theory is that the "incident" causes our losties to get shot back to 2007. If that's the case, shouldn't Rose and Bernard go with them? Assuming that's the case, then they can't be Adam and Eve in the caves from season 1.

I think only the people touched by Jacob will be moved to 2007. This means Kate, Jack, Sayid, Sawyer, Hurley and Jin. Not Miles, Rose, Bernard or Vincent. They are the people that Jacob said were coming.

Also my theory on the "loophole" is that only a deposed leader of the island can kill Jacob. Hence why Widmore had to leave the island and I'm pretty sure Widmore told Ben on the phone (before Ben tried to kill Penny) that Ben could not return to the island.

I'm still confused who, if anybody, was in the cabin whenever Ben thought he was visiting Jacob. Was it Jacob being held captive by the other guy, or the other guy being held captive by Jacob.

I also am convinced that this other guy can manifest himself into any dead person (which he has done many times on the island). He can also become the smoke monster.

Yeah I'm pretty sure other guy is smoke monster and manifested himself as Jack's father, Ben's daughter, etc.

Eric turned me on to this interesting blog about the show and they think that Jacob imprisoned bad guy in the cabin with that ring of ash. Hence the 'help me' that they hear when they first go to the cabin what was that now, last season?

Crazy show! Hate having to wait so long, but I feel it will be worth it!

^^I'm still thinking that the smoke monster is a separate entity, but other than that, I agree with all your theories.

I wasn't sure who Jacob meant when he said "they're coming" but it being the people he touched makes perfect sense.

I just hope the rumors of ABC holding the last season of the show until Fall 2010 are not true...

dt

^I think we are safe on that front Dave.

ABC is in the process of selling advertising for the October 2009 -September 2010 time frame. For those looking for Jeopardy knowledge this is called the "Upfront Season."

ABC is telling Advertisers and Ad Agencies that LOST will be back in the first quarter (January-March). I would not expect this to change because ABC needs to instill faith with the advertising community in these economic times.

Hence the 'help me' that they hear when they first go to the cabin what was that now, last season?

I believe it was last season, but with how long they made us wait before finally revealing who he is, it seemed like three or four seasons ago.

The identity of Jacob's enemy being the smoke monster makes perfect sense. It plays into the "darkness vs. light" theme that the show has going. If you noticed Jacob was wearing light clothing and his enemy was wearing dark clothing in that first scene. Plus, it has been pretty clear that the smoke monster can take the form of all the dead characters on the show and it was some of these dead characters that specifically steered Locke and Ben towards this confrontation with Jacob. Christian Shepard told Locke that he would have to leave the island in order to bring the Oceanic Six back and that he would have to die in order to do it. Alex then appears to Ben and tells him he has to do everything Locke says. It seems the smoke monster was helping cause this loophole to happen by manifesting itself to Locke and Ben. So, it would make sense if the smoke monster was in fact Jacob's enemy.

Oh, and I also read something about Dr. Chang. We just witnessed last week how he loses his arm. If you don't remember, in some of the Dharma videos, he would have a prosthetic arm. Well, when he gets his arm crushed after the "incident", that is when he loses his arm. Hmm, the producers may not just be making this stuff after all.

Oh, and I also read something about Dr. Chang. We just witnessed last week how he loses his arm. If you don't remember, in some of the Dharma videos, he would have a prosthetic arm. Well, when he gets his arm crushed after the "incident", that is when he loses his arm. Hmm, the producers may not just be making this stuff after all.

I don't care even if they are just making it up as they go along. They are doing a great job.

• 2 months later...