TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday world 2007

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there will be a lot of us there next year!

Seriously, it's a really nice park, but for coaster/thrill ride people you'll want to do the Coasters, Waterpark, and Double Shot.

If you have a family, there are a lot of family rides.

Don't hold the free Pepsi products against them too much.

I wound up going there 3 times this year, for a total of 5 days. (It's only 3 hours away.) This turned out to be too much, as the coasters are really all that's there. Splashin' Safari was always far too crowded for my tastes, but at least that lessens the coaster waiting.

One interesting thing about HW is that I think their woodies are all very close to one another in quality. The Raven is always consistently awesome, but on some days/rides the Voyage really shames it. The last time I went, however, the Voyage was running kinda slow. I'm not sure if this was because I had just ridden the Avalanche a week earlier, but it seemed to just creep down the first hill. Oh well...

I wonder if you'll ever see HW install any really good flat rides. The really high end ones don't make economic sense for the park. Dollywood claims that their relatively lame-o Timber Tower costed the same that the Voyage did, $6.5 million. Now, let's see here. Should we build a major, top 10 woodie, or a flat ride? Which is going to create a real surge in attendance? Is there even any decision here at all?

In my opinion, Holiday World has the finest collection of wooden coasters anywhere. Which, in and of itself, makes the park worth visiting.

Yeah, there's some other nice stuff there. But, really, if someone told me that they just weren't into wooden coasters, I don't think I'd recommend Holiday World to them.

It's already been said, but yeah, there's nothing really special in terms of flats. In addition to what people have already said, the HallowSwings is a nice wave swinger, and their rapids ride is one of the better ones I have ever been on. If you like bumper cars, they have a really good set with spring boards around the edges.

It's already been said, but yeah, there's nothing really special in terms of flats. In addition to what people have already said, the HallowSwings is a nice wave swinger, and their rapids ride is one of the better ones I have ever been on. If you like bumper cars, they have a really good set with spring boards around the edges.

Thank you, I'm glad someone agrees with me

-James "Was beginning to wonder" Dillaman