The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many options!

1. Slow your lift

2. Make your train 3 cars instead of 4

3. "elongate" the drop, don't be at 45 then suddenly be at 95, make it smooth and [labored], if you will

4. Make the radius of the track smaller at the top of the lift in order to make the radius at the point of inflection greater.

5. make the coaster taller

6. add brakes (which would be kind of a dumb idea)

7. don't have a more than vertical drop

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Im currently making a Gravity Group Hybrid coaster similar to Voyage and Hades. I do know how to make the supports be steel but look wooden. And to make it look realistic, i change to color of the supports to a silverish color. But that also changes the color of the catwalks and railings. How can i just have the supports silver and the rest a brownish color?

EDIT: Nevermind, i figured it out!

• 3 weeks later...

For all the tool-builders out there:

How can I make a nice, realistic B&M cobra roll without using FVD's? I've already tried a few methods, and they either sucked or, due to some strange entry radius to height proportionality issue, came out too big.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys that really helped on the large camelbacks!

But now, when I AHG the woodie, the main twisted section's heartline looks very sharp and awkward (as seen below), and one of the twisted airtime-hills is turned into a corkscrew (I colored this segment black, with a red segment leading into it, and a green segment leading out).

How do I fix these problems?

AHG.thumb.JPG.4beeab4d42327967452b158a14c636aa.JPG

Very strange transitions...and a corkscrew. :-\

A few more AHG questions...

-What is the standard heartline for an X-car coaster?

-How do I make sure the banking on the first/last segment of track is 0*? (I color it black, but the track still banks...GRR)

^Generally, to get the bankings to be at zero, you have to use a higher precision, say 15-20 if your track has smooth transitions. AHG doesn't like to use over 16 though, so set this last. Also, with the increase in precision, you need to increase the filter. ~450 will be fine.

The X-car has a heartline of 1.3, same as the floorless.