TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is this a coaster?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a coaster if you want to count it as a coaster. Whatever criteria you want to use is up to you when doing your own coaster count. Personally I don't count them, but you can if you want to, there's no law against it

-James Dillaman

Thank you! Most sensible post so far.

I'm in the same boat as yourself, I can see why people would count them, but I don't put them on any list.

It sure looks like one hell of a scary ride though, I've done a much shorter Alpine Coaster in Stoke on Trent, which is a lot of fun, but the huge European models look amazing.

On the one hand, having a lift hill in and of itself doesn't necessarily make a coaster (plenty of dark rides have "lift hills" - yeah, I know it's a stretch, but it's still a fact), but on the other hand, NOT having one doesn't necessarily make a NON-coaster (Ka, anyone? No lift hill there). Most people seem to agree that it's a matter of perspective and personal choice. Me, I'd vote this as a coaster, onboard brake or not, because it certainly meets all the "standard" requirements, but I agree with Golfie that alpine SLIDES, while a blast, are not coasters in the classic sense.

Oh, look...200th post. Yay...