TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parque Warner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it appears Intamin rolled the dice and decided on a 196cm max rider height for this one, per the website. Kondaa was 195cm, which prevented me from riding (height checked and denied). Yet Toutatis was 198cm and I was able... And of course, no issue with Velocicoaster or Taron. Pantheon is 193cm, but somehow I squeaked by on that for a few rides without issue, which is crazy, considering the multiple height check positions in place when there.

I just wish Intamin would just default to a single max height, like 198cm or something and stick to it... Wonder if they will strongly enforce this one or not. I was surprised Kondaa was 195cm, given the proximity to Holland and how tall that population is. One place that I did not feel so tall for once! But just so frustrating, though... It seems a bit silly to me limiting people at 6'5" or 6'6" in height... That's not really that freakishly tall or anything. I can see something like 6'8" or above.

I know Intamin does this to ensure the head is supported by the headrest, but peoples body proportions are different. I don't have a lengthy torso, so my head/neck are fully supported on any new-school Intamin without issue.

FWIW, I am 196cm without shoes on... So with shoes, that throws me up to about 198cm (I'm sure they won't let me take shoes off, like kids who get to put shoes on to make height...)

We are planning a Barcelona/Madrid trip in the fall, so obviously I would like to ride Gothem City, so it would be a bummer. But so is life with new Intamin rides. I wonder how strictly they will enforce this one.

(The only rides I ever have been denied out of 350+ due to my height have been Green Lantern at SFMM and Kondaa).

Just now, SharkTums said:

^Can you wear like aqua socks...those look like shoes at quick glance and would add almost no height?

I was thinking/planning on bringing flip flops that have been worn/smooshed basically flat. So that may just be enough to squeak by!

• Like 2

I just don't understand why coasters from the same manufacturer, with the same trains and restraints, have different requirements.  And different by such a miniscule amount.  As a tall rider, it's incredibly frustrating to sit in the test seat and fit with plenty of room to spare, but still be unable to ride.  Worse than that it when rides with no maximum height get one added later on.

Other thing:  What's with the 12 passenger trains?  That's insane to me for an attraction of this magnitude to have such limited capacity.  Unless the park is aiming for 60 second dispatches or something.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CedarFlags said:

Other thing:  What's with the 12 passenger trains?  That's insane to me for an attraction of this magnitude to have such limited capacity.  Unless the park is aiming for 60 second dispatches or something.

I was thinking the same thing. Even with 60-second dispatches, that's 720 PPH. Anyone know how many trains this coaster runs? I feel like the rollback/spike and switch track at the end of the ride would limit how quickly they could pump out trains versus something like Velocicoaster.

On 5/27/2023 at 8:49 PM, CedarFlags said:

I just don't understand why coasters from the same manufacturer, with the same trains and restraints, have different requirements. 

it's usually an external party that rates the ride as "safe", they also have a significant say in the minimum and maximum height. So, it's not just the ride manufacturer or the park that have a final saying, I believe, it's these external parties.

On 5/28/2023 at 4:40 PM, thrillseeker4552 said:

Anyone know how many trains this coaster runs?

I believe three trains in total... and with Spanish operations, 60 seconds seems a little too optimistic.
The park is owned by Parques Reunidos and most of their parks are known for very poor operations. I can imagine, intamin had the switch track idea and the resulted lowered capacity that came from it would not have been seen as a significant issue by the park. Heck, it might even be seen as a benefit as it probably boosts fast pass sales (as it basically will guarantee the ride to have a long line most days).

On 27/5/2023 at 18:30, Invertalon said:

Así que parece que Intamin tiró los dados y decidió una altura máxima de ciclista de 196 cm para este, según el sitio web. Kondaa tenía 195 cm, lo que me impedía montar (altura verificada y negada). Sin embargo, Toutatis medía 198 cm y pude... Y, por supuesto, no hubo problema con Velocicoaster o Taron. Pantheon mide 193 cm, pero de alguna manera lo logré durante algunos viajes sin problemas, lo cual es una locura, considerando las múltiples posiciones de control de altura en su lugar cuando estoy allí.

Solo desearía que Intamin simplemente tuviera una altura máxima predeterminada, como 198 cm o algo así, y se apegara a ella... Me pregunto si harán cumplir esto con firmeza o no. Me sorprendió que Kondaa tuviera 195 cm, dada la proximidad a Holanda y la altura de esa población. ¡Un lugar en el que no me sentí tan alto por una vez! Pero tan frustrante, sin embargo... Me parece un poco tonto limitar a las personas a 6'5" o 6'6" de altura... Eso no es realmente tan monstruosamente alto ni nada. Puedo ver algo como 6'8 "o más.

Sé que Intamin hace esto para garantizar que la cabeza esté apoyada en el reposacabezas, pero las proporciones del cuerpo de las personas son diferentes. No tengo un torso largo, por lo que mi cabeza / cuello están completamente compatible con cualquier Intamin de nueva escuela sin problemas.

FWIW, mido 196 cm sin zapatos... Así que con los zapatos, eso me eleva a unos 198 cm (estoy seguro de que no me dejarán quitarme los zapatos, como los niños que se ponen los zapatos para hacer altura... .)

Estamos planeando un viaje a Barcelona/Madrid en otoño, así que obviamente me gustaría viajar en Gothem City, así que sería un fastidio. Pero así es la vida con los nuevos juegos de Intamin. Me pregunto qué tan estrictamente harán cumplir esto.

(Los únicos viajes que me han negado de más de 350 debido a mi altura han sido Green Lantern en SFMM y Kondaa).

Honestly, I don't know how permissive they're with the height, however it's causing problems with overweight people because the test seat gives them the OK but then on the train it does not allow it. In this park there is no problem in wearing flip flops and they allow you to leave them on the side of the station and ride barefoot, maybe it's an option.

On 28/5/2023 at 16:40, thrillseeker4552 said:

Estaba pensando lo mismo. Incluso con despachos de 60 segundos, eso es 720 PPH. ¿Alguien sabe cuántos trenes corre esta montaña rusa? Siento que el retroceso / pico y el cambio de vía al final del viaje limitarían la rapidez con la que podrían bombear trenes en comparación con algo como Velocicoaster.

Normally there are 3 trains operating but they aren't having great attendance because they haven't promoted the attraction well, so there are days when two trains are enough. Each train tries to launch it in a maximum of 60 seconds. Being a Parques Reunidos park we're very surprised by the loading and unloading capacity they're having, we have never seen such efficiency in Spain 😅

I hope I've explained myself well, my english isn't very good. If you've any more questions I will try to answer

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 2:49 PM, CedarFlags said:

I just don't understand why coasters from the same manufacturer, with the same trains and restraints, have different requirements.  And different by such a miniscule amount.  As a tall rider, it's incredibly frustrating to sit in the test seat and fit with plenty of room to spare, but still be unable to ride.  Worse than that it when rides with no maximum height get one added later on.

From the moment I saw the layout I was wondering how a 4 car train would maneuver through the course. The 3 car train seems like it was part of the plan from the get go. Just my observation. 

• 9 months later...

I wish that I had a passport just so I could visit the Warner Parks. I'd suffer thru vaccination (needles are scarier than ANY coaster) so I could get to meet Cyborg.