TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Maybe its all approved and Dave isn't telling us because he thinks some of you bug him too much!

If I was a betting man, this would be my guess.

I know of one particular poster who bugs the heck out of him every time he sees Dave at the park. Like almost stalker level.

I was just poking fun. Meant no harm. I just think it's funny how many of you think talking to Dave will yield any useful information. Nothing wrong with saying hi and keep up the good work, but playing 20 questions might be a tad annoying to him.

Is there a ACE event at Valleyfair this year? Coaster Craze wasn't it called?

The last time I heard from the Matt McCormick, the marketing Director, he said they were working on something and it wouldn't be revealed until the operating season. That was after I had asked him if Valleyfair could do some kind of Coaster Craze event. I actually started by asking Mr. Frazier and he passed this on the Mr. McCormick. I'm not sure what happened cause no Coaster Craze event has been announced. We still have a lot of season to go so maybe that is still to come. We'll see!

I agree with VF15 about a coaster for 2016 we would have seen some markings and land clearing by now. I think it's to late in the season to get a new coaster next year but who knows maybe they already have something planned out for 2016 maybe they will surprise us my prediction a new flat ride Larson Flyers for 2016 and another water park expansion.

I spoke with Dave operations manager ask him how much a Larson Flyers ride costs he said around $200,000 sound about right? And he told me Valleyfair actually had a Larson Flyers ride a long time ago? Anyone remember what year? And did anything get done with a meeting with Matt CEO being here it was just for one day on Monday.

Is the coaster craze for season pass holders to?

^

The flying scooters were at the park from 1976 to 1979 (not sure why it was short-lived), and it was located in what is now Planet Snoopy. New flyers seem like a good bet for next year since the new parking lot (assuming it gets approved) will cost a lot.

image.thumb.jpg.e5065002b209fe7559dc20c94de06263.jpg

From Valleyfair's Facebook page.

Okay so I work at Caribou Coffee and we post a question on the chalkboard for customers to respond to. Well the question we posted this weekend was "what is your favorite ride or roller coaster" and there were some "wild things", "corkscrews", "space mountains", "tower of terrors" etc.... But someone wrote "Top thrill Dragster at Six flags Ohio".... Doesn't it drive you crazy when people think six flags owns all amusement parks and is the best? Honestly, cedar fair (in my opinion) is so much better than six flags.

Okay so I work at Caribou Coffee and we post a question on the chalkboard for customers to respond to. Well the question we posted this weekend was "what is your favorite ride or roller coaster" and there were some "wild things", "corkscrews", "space mountains", "tower of terrors" etc.... But someone wrote "Top thrill Dragster at Six flags Ohio".... Doesn't it drive you crazy when people think six flags owns all amusement parks and is the best? Honestly, cedar fair (in my opinion) is so much better than six flags.

True, one thing is for sure, CF can fix a chain faster than Six Flags! (Sorry for any hard feelings)

True, one thing is for sure, CF can fix a chain faster than Six Flags! (Sorry for any hard feelings)

Kingda Ka and Nitro at Cedar Fair New Jersey.

I know I hate to, one day my English teacher was like I love roller coasters, there's one out at six flags gardens dominion called Apollos Chariet and its like ! Lol, wow that flying scooters ride out there, I wish it was still here. I hope Matt liked the park unlike Dick, he was flies walking around with a frown it was just . Well I hope we get something cool next year!

I was at the park yesterday with a friend, I almost managed to slip out of the pirate ship (forgive me I forgot the name). I also tried out the new slides. The blue ones really hurt my butt. And we got a reride on Excalibur. That was cool. Here's the list of rides we hit up and any notes.

Corkscrew broke down when we got there, but they managed to fix it within 15 minutes of it breaking. We didn't ride though.

Wild thing didn't seem as rattily as usual. Same goes for steel venom.

On renegade, my friend was flying all over the place, side to side, I don't know how.

Excalibur was pulling some massive g's. I kind of greyed out at the start of the figure eight.

On Power Tower, the tower that stops at 3/4, didn't seem to stop when we were on it.

Overall, it was a good time.

Sounds like a possible weighing issue to me....hypersonic sensors maybe?

I know I hate to, one day my English teacher was like I love roller coasters, there's one out at six flags gardens dominion called Apollos Chariet and its like ! Lol, wow that flying scooters ride out there, I wish it was still here. I hope Matt liked the park unlike Dick, he was flies walking around with a frown it was just . Well I hope we get something cool next year!
I know, what's planned for the park next year? They're no rumors or anything I hope it's not a general improvement year

Yes but it sounds it wasn't approved what Dave has said. I hope this would happen though but I'm not keeping my hopes up for it.

Please work on your english, your posts are full of errors and very tough to read.

I know, what's planned for the park next year? They're no rumors or anything I hope it's not a general improvement year

Yes but it sounds it wasn't approved what Dave has said. I hope this would happen though but I'm not keeping my hopes up for it.

Please work on your english, your posts are full of errors and very tough to read.

Well I'm in honors English 9th and I'm only an 8th grader so my English is great! It's just that my phone is so hard to type on due to my broken screen! Thanks! I will work on it though!

Is the general consensus nobody knows what is coming to Valleyfair as of now?

Correct. And with the proposal to create a new parking lot in the back of the park that would include removing Excalibur nobody can even make a good guess or prediction about what comes next until that project is approved or denied.

Valleyfair just tweeted out some old concept of the park art from the early 70s courtesy of Dave and Walt, the park's original creators who were there earlier this week. It's interesting to see how the park could have turned out.

image.thumb.jpg.2a05d5fa7da6b8b090a8f82f12b382e4.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.9752d30d9deb7e0c2203ed24b5041860.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.2a8e6267647e5a8972e105a0c631111b.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.8bb855f505e502cbfd655493faa77881.jpg

Correct. And with the proposal to create a new parking lot in the back of the park that would include removing Excalibur nobody can even make a good guess or prediction about what comes next until that project is approved or denied.

Just to add to that, it could be awhile before a final determination is made. According to the Army Corps of Engineers permitting process:

Currently, timeframes for general permit decisions, those with impacts generally less than 0.5 acres are averaging 85 days. Timeframes for individual permit decisions, which include letters of permission, range from 4 months to more than a year, but are currently averaging around 8 months.

If the permit was filed on, or around, April 10th, it seems that December would be a guess as to a determination date for the 4.52 acre proposal affecting the wetlands.

Just to add to that, it could be awhile before a final determination is made. According to the Army Corps of Engineers permitting process:

Currently, timeframes for general permit decisions, those with impacts generally less than 0.5 acres are averaging 85 days. Timeframes for individual permit decisions, which include letters of permission, range from 4 months to more than a year, but are currently averaging around 8 months.

If the permit was filed on, or around, April 10th, it seems that December would be a guess as to a determination date for the 4.52 acre proposal affecting the wetlands.

So Excalibur could possibly be staying for another year then?