TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I'm at Valleyfair right now, and just got off High Roller. I had one of my best rides in a long time on it, but I noticed that it now has individual seatbelts (it still has the buzz bars). Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't this strip High Roller of it's ACE Coaster Classic status?

My opinions on the other coasters:

-I had two really fun rides on Corkscrew. Not amazing, but really fun.

-Renegade is much smoother and no longer headache inducing. The back seat airtime was wicked today.

-Excalibur was pretty much the same as last year. A few bumpy moments, but nothing too bad.

-Wild Thing was a little sluggish, but there's plenty of time for it to improve this year.

-Haven't done Steel Venom yet. Will update once I have.

steel venom was butter smooth,the staff in the gift shop at the gate were a little lethargic but they did their job, Wild thing's first camel hump after the drop is insane, I forgot how much airtime wild thing has

Continued from earlier...

-Steel Venom was pretty awesome today. Maybe I just got lucky, but the launch seemed stronger than normal.

-Didn't ride Northern Lights this time, as it was down for a bit. After hearing about yesterday, I fear that breakdowns may become a regular occurrence with this ride.

-Didn't ride Mad Mouse either.

Other stuff I noticed....

-The volleyball court area (formerly IMAX) has quite a large plot of land (larger than I thought it would be). I now feel that it is the most likely spot for a future new waterslide.

-FunTV is an entertaining addition. It's better than Six Flags' TV system, at least for now.

-Excalibur Cold Drinks has been replaced with lockers.

-Renegade has a new strip of anti-rollback right before the final brake run.

Edited by VF15

I'm at Valleyfair right now, and just got off High Roller. I had one of my best rides in a long time on it, but I noticed that it now has individual seatbelts (it still has the buzz bars). Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't this strip High Roller of it's ACE Coaster Classic status?

I believe so, because nothing is supposed to restrict the rider from moving side to side.

Bummer.

Glad to hear the improvements to Renegade and High Roller are paying off. Valleyfair is listening to our comments! I wouldn't worry too much about Northern Lights right now. With any new ride your bound to have bugs that need to be worked out. When you walk around the park you'll notice several "holes" Valleyfair is looking for ideas to fill these "holes". What does everyone think. This is a good opportunity to voice an idea. I chat with Mr. Frazier fairly often and I would be happy to pass on your ideas! I have a few of my own but I want to see what you all come up with. I'll be sure to let Mr. Frazier know who's idea it was!

Glad to hear the improvements to Renegade and High Roller are paying off. Valleyfair is listening to our comments! I wouldn't worry too much about Northern Lights right now. With any new ride your bound to have bugs that need to be worked out. When you walk around the park you'll notice several "holes" Valleyfair is looking for ideas to fill these "holes". What does everyone think. This is a good opportunity to voice an idea. I chat with Mr. Frazier fairly often and I would be happy to pass on your ideas! I have a few of my own but I want to see what you all come up with. I'll be sure to let Mr. Frazier know who's idea it was!

I think the empty lot where tilt a whirl was would be a great location for one of those zamperla air races or a giant huss frisbee (not sure if that would even fit in that lot)

I also think valleyfair should beef up renegade's theming, I see alot of potential to make this a really good themed roller coaster (Installing swinging saloon doors for the exit, putting up western decor, etc.) They should install a sound system on renegade so when you are going up the lift the speaker will be playing western sounds or music

(Gunshots, Horses galloping, etc.) and there is a song called renegade by styx and that would be funny if they played that there occasionally. A sound system on wild thing would be fitting, they could play songs that fit the coaster (Welcome to the jungle, Crazy train, etc.) Well thats my piece, sorry about the length of this post, I have a lot more ideas but for the sake of this post not being to long I'm going to cut my ideas off here. I might just end up contacting valleyfair or cedar fair with my ideas

I think the empty lot where tilt a whirl was would be a great location for one of those zamperla air races or a giant huss frisbee (not sure if that would even fit in that lot)

I also think valleyfair should beef up renegade's theming, I see alot of potential to make this a really good themed roller coaster (Installing swinging saloon doors for the exit, putting up western decor, etc.) They should install a sound system on renegade so when you are going up the lift the speaker will be playing western sounds or music

(Gunshots, Horses galloping, etc.) and there is a song called renegade by styx and that would be funny if they played that there occasionally. A sound system on wild thing would be fitting, they could play songs that fit the coaster (Welcome to the jungle, Crazy train, etc.) Well thats my piece, sorry about the length of this post, I have a lot more ideas but for the sake of this post not being to long I'm going to cut my ideas off here. I might just end up contacting valleyfair or cedar fair with my ideas

Don't worry being too long. I would encourage you to contact Valleyfair and Cedar Fair about your ideas! An air race ride in the old Tilter location would be cool! I was thinking about a Tango ride from KMG. I don't think there would be enough room for a giant Frisbee in the old Tilter location but I would love to see one in the park. I would also like to see a "Sledgehammer" ride by Huss. Maybe remove the wheel of fortune ride and put it there. I like the idea of addition theming for rides such as Renegade and Wild Thing. I would really like to see thunder canyon elevated to a new level. If a new coaster will be a replacement to Excalibur it would be cool to have it incorporated in and around thunder canyon! Anyway, that's my two cents worth

I can't seem to find a way to contact them, do you know how i can contact valleyfair or Mr.frazier?

Go to Cedarfair.com and click on contact info. There are a lot of contacts for investors but scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find a phone number to cedar fair. Call them and find out who you can contact to give feedback about Valleyfair. At Valleyfair's web site look up contacts and you will find a page where you can write comments. Mr. Frazier does read these and everything else. I had written a comment at valleyfairzone.com. The last time I visited him he had a printed copy of what I wrote so I know he reads everything! Let me know what kind of response you get.

P.S. I was VERY surprised when I received a call from Mr. Frazier after posting a comment at cedarfair.com so don't get discouraged if you don't hear anything but I can assure you Mr. Frazier will read what you post.

Valleyfair!'s website actually has Styx's "Renegade" mentioned as the source for the name. I do agree that we need a Zamperla Air Race. Those are amazing.

It would be great if you passed my ideas on to Mr. Frazier, I really would like to see a zamperla air race go there!

It would be great if you passed my ideas on to Mr. Frazier, I really would like to see a zamperla air race go there!

I just sent an e-mail to Mr. Frazier passing on your idea for a Zamperla Air Race. I'll let you know his response!

In regards to the food prices, Mr. Frazier said they were keeping 2013 prices and improving quality.

I agree that a Zamperla Air Race would be an awesome addition to Valleyfair. I haven't ridden one yet, but I've heard mostly great things about them. Even though Cedar Fair has yet to install one, they have purchased several rides from Zamperla lately (ex. Northern Lights), as they've been a go-to manufacturer for flat rides in recent years. If VF did install an Air Race, I can see one going in the former Tilt-a-Whirl spot, or if the amphitheater meets the wrecking ball anytime soon, that might be another place they could put it. However, I still feel that a Soak City expansion and a new thrilling roller coaster are higher on the priority list, so if we get one, it would probably not be for several more years.

image.jpg.6af50a0e6bfe59b81ee329eb88f082f9.jpg

Valleyfair could use something like this.

Edited by VF15

It would be fantastic if Valleyfair got one of those, but I would like a coaster more, Valleyfair just got a flat ride/coaster (how ever you prefer it) So it will be awhile before we see another flat ride coming to valleyfair, but I think a zamperla air race would be a likey option to fill the past tilt a whirl lot

It would be fantastic if Valleyfair got one of those, but I would like a coaster more, Valleyfair just got a flat ride/coaster (how ever you prefer it) So it will be awhile before we see another flat ride coming to valleyfair, but I think a zamperla air race would be a likey option to fill the past tilt a whirl lot

That may not be the case here. Valleyfair spent about 3 million this year and look at what all they were able to do! It's not out of the question that multiple flat rides could be added in a single year. Next year, water park expansion! 2016, B&M invert! 2017 could see more flat rides IMO.

Just something I noticed...

Way for them to really go out on a limb with an anonymous source and then zero details or even a hint of what they consider crazy.

O.K. That's bad! At least I'm coming to you with facts! Yes, some of my comments were speculating but I let you know that. But, after getting that off my chest when it comes to Valleyfair, I LOVE RUMORS! That's what gets people talking and corporations noticing! Check out Holiday World. They have teaser rumors going that are going to last a total of 66 days! Don't know why, what or anything else but it's making news! That's what we need! Now, my comments on valleyfairzone's post. Remember, Valleyfair has been slated as one of three Cedar Fair parks marked for significant improvement's. Cedar Fair announced $50 million in improvements and expansions for Carowinds over the next couple of years. Valleyfair spend 3 million this year and you have seen what they did with that. Imagine what we could do with 50 million! I'm an optimist so I am not ruling out anything!

I wouldn't be surprised if the rumor Valleyfairzone knows about is related to Halloween Haunt/Valleyscare because, for those of you that don't follow them, they seem to be huge fans of Haunt. To be honest, I could care less about Halloween Haunt. The only reason I go to VF in late September and October is to ride roller coasters and thrill rides, and I'm also not a fan of horror/gory stuff, so I always go on Sunday during that time of year.

But if it's not a Haunt rumor, hopefully it's something interesting.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rumor Valleyfairzone knows about is related to Halloween Haunt/Valleyscare because, for those of you that don't follow them, they seem to be huge fans of Haunt. To be honest, I could care less about Halloween Haunt. The only reason I go to VF in late September and October is to ride roller coasters and thrill rides, and I'm also not a fan of horror/gory stuff, so I always go on Sunday during that time of year.

But if it's not a Haunt rumor, hopefully it's something interesting.

Just sent an e-mail to Mr. Frazier to see if he will shed some light on this. I'll let you know his response. You may be right about ValleyScare! ValleyScare is HUGE for Valleyfair. I went there last October for the first time. Never seen so many people at Valleyfair ever! It was crazy!

Hopefully we will know something by tonight or tomorrow!

To be honest, I could care less about Halloween Haunt. The only reason I go to VF in late September and October is to ride roller coasters and thrill rides, and I'm also not a fan of horror/gory stuff, so I always go on Sunday during that time of year.

I am with you, the only reason I go to VF in September and October is to ride the coasters (except Excalibur of course) and thrill rides also. I like riding Power Tower at this time of year when you can overlook the river valley and see all the trees changing colors, not many parks are next to a nature preserve. Like you, the Halloween aspect just doesn't float my boat but it sure does resonate with other people though, the place can be just packed on a Friday or Saturday and that's great for VF so I like it. I understand why you go on Sunday but may I suggest you going on a Saturday in the late afternoon and be there when it becomes dark. You get to see all the Haunt characters come out dressed up around 5:00 pm and head to their Haunt places which is actually kind of cool to see even for me. But the part I think you might enjoy is seeing the park being filled with fog from the fog machines for Haunt. It's a different view than normal for the park for sure. When you ride up Wild Thing's lift hill and look over to see the Xtreme Swings completely covered in fog and then see them rise above the fog with the red lights on the bottom of the cars only visible until they get to a certain height before you can see the entire car is fun too. Then there is riding the bunny hills on WT back to the station, the fog covers the lower part of the bunny hills and then you emerge above it as you hit the top of a bunny hill and then repeat it a few times going in and out of the fog. You might want to check this out once for a different experience.