TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

^Now that is a much better source! This email wasn't brought up yet. I'm not sure if they wanted you to post that though, since there's a confidentiality note that's half cut-off in the screenshot saying that it was only for you. Whoops, too late now!

I just emailed Jerry. It's fine to share, I read everything. Plus,all of this info had been released. The Instagram account New England Coaster Club, a known troll for the New England region, shared true info but added false facts along with it, which caused all of the confusion regarding this. I would trust the ACE account, but not NECC.

Is this a good enough source?

With all due respect, no. The fact that you have 14 posts and could have done that in Microsoft Paint means that's not a good enough source for everyone. Personally I believe you but that won't eliminate the skeptics and I sort of understand why since people come on here with false information all the time so people are sort of conditioned to be skeptical.

New Millennium Flyer trains announced for Wildcat! They will be 7 cars long each. I also heard the park would think about them for BD in the future if they liked them. Obviously both coasters will be receiving lots of track work as well.

[attachment=0]WC.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]WC 2.jpg[/attachment]

This might get me to try Wildcat again.

The only bad thing is they now have four less seats per train, shouldn't be much of an issue if they ran two.. but we all know that is not going to happen. But the new trains pretty much guarantee the ride will be getting a ton of new track so that is good. Should be ride-able next season.

I honestly can't remember the last time I rode Wildcat since it seems to always be closed during the Haunted Graveyard. Hopefully it's open next year so I can try out the new trains.

Same here.

You do realize the park is open for more than just the Halloween season, right?

Yeah but the Haunted Graveyard is awesome so I usually use that as my excuse to and it sounds like he's the same way. We usually just do one trip a year since it's one of the only parks in the region that we don't have a season pass for. I'm actually in the same boat.

Edited by coasterbill

Without a season pass for them, I typically only go once per year. Their Halloween event and the rare opportunity to get pitch black Boulder Dash rides results in my annual trip being around Halloween.

Maybe the retracking will change this opinion, but right now I'll pick the Haunted Graveyard walkthrough over a ride on Wildcat.

• 1 month later...

Am I the only person that likes Wildcat in its current state?? Sure not the best ride but it's got that one hill with the old fashioned pop of air + jab you in the ribs laterals that makes it great.

Anyways, GREAT to hear about the work on Boulderdash this year!! I knew it had to be coming, it was just too crazy rough when I rode in August.

The last time my friends and I rode Wildcat, I found it extremely bumpy even in a row in the middle of a car. It actually drew blood on one of my friend's knees. I wasn't eager to get back on it and haven't been on it in a few years.

I fully support the rehab to make it more rerideable and maybe even get more air if we are very lucky.

I drove by the park a couple days ago and saw a bunch of workers on the triple up area and the hill after the double down. After looking through my pics, I did notice that it looks like there are supports missing on the straight away before the triple up, so it looks like that part may be being modified as well. The only other thing I noticed was there may have been some new handrails on the turnaround. Wildcat has no track on the first turn as well and probably a few other spots that I couldn't see. Hopefully they re-track the pothole after that turn, I think that is the worst spot on the ride.

image.jpg.f62b85c46fdb84484188baf833aff196.jpg

Wow, very interesting. I would consider this a major modification if they remove the triple up. Although it was a bit uncomfortable it was still one of the best parts of the ride.

I feel like a good double up could be just as intense. Personally I'm more worried about them changing the pitch of the banking on the turns. (yes for those who remember me from the holiday world thread, I'm that guy)

• 3 weeks later...

Visited the park for an off-season tour today, great to see what is going on at the park and work on the coasters.

Here are some pictures. http://imgur.com/a/S8lIG

-Wildcat is getting new lift hill track along with a new support on the entrance side on the lift, the return track will go through it. 6 supports on the lift will be completely replaced as well. Other sections are getting new track including the worst part. It will likely open late because of the new trains which are arriving late April. The operator booth has been moved to the opposite side of the station and I am sure the station will be modified. The transfer track has been completed and there will be color changing lights around the ride. A paint job is in the plans but may not be this year. They want to make sure they get everything done they want to before painting.

-BD is getting a lot of work in a couple spots, you can see the new track replacing the triple up in the pictures. It seems like it will be similar to the triple up, but it will use the straight away part as well, so it will be longer and more drawn out than before.

-Ghost Hunt will get new guns and targets, the targets are capable of being changed regarding the points given and colors. The ride will also have a scoreboard! I thought that was very cool. It would be neat if you can enter a name somehow if you get a high score. It will keep track of daily, weekly, and season high scores.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like this is my year to go to Lake Compounce. I've been wanting to go for years, but never did. Even drove by it once on the way to SFNE without even realizing it was there! Ever since that stupid drive by I've desperately wanted to go. The addition of Phobia and now the awesome track work on WC and BD make me want to get over there as soon as I can.

I have one trip planning question. Will I have enough time (will it be enjoyable) if I do a few hours in the morning at Quassy, then hop over to LC for the rest of the day? I don't want to do waterpark stuff, but I want enough time to take pics, do all coasters multiple times and get in a bunch of flats/water rides. Is one day (probably a Saturday or Sunday) enough time to not have to be in too much of a hurry?

Will I have enough time (will it be enjoyable) if I do a few hours in the morning at Quassy, then hop over to LC for the rest of the day?

Yes. Lake Compounce isn't really a full day park unless you go to the water park. Make sure you ride the chairlift... it closes when it gets dark and it's the most unique ride in the park. It's like 30 minutes long.

I have one trip planning question. Will I have enough time (will it be enjoyable) if I do a few hours in the morning at Quassy, then hop over to LC for the rest of the day? I don't want to do waterpark stuff, but I want enough time to take pics, do all coasters multiple times and get in a bunch of flats/water rides. Is one day (probably a Saturday or Sunday) enough time to not have to be in too much of a hurry?

Quassy can easily be done in 2 hours without rushing. Wooden Warrior is an amazing wooden coaster (in my top 10) with surprising airtime despite its size. I've never had to wait more than 2-3 trains for it. Get the all-you-can ride band and you can get on this at least 5-6 times in an hour. You would then have another hour to grab photos and ride some of the park's other rides. The two I'd recommend are Frantic (a crazy spinning inverting frisbee that's no taller than 20 feet) and Reverse Time (an update on the classic trabant).

Lake Compounce doesn't get bad waits on the ride side. The water park can have some slow moving lines though, so it's good you are skipping that. Boulder Dash is my favorite wooden coaster. Wildcat is getting new trains this year so hopefully that gets smoother. The non-coaster rides worth riding are the sky ride, Thunder n Lightning, and Down Time. If you don't mind getting wet, they have one of the better river rapids rides too. Ghost Hunt (their shooting dark ride) is getting new targets this year, so maybe that will fix it, but for the past few years the guns/targets haven't really worked.