TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Theme Park Review goes to COMIC CON!!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo Hoo, Fat Tire!!!!

And that's what I had at dinner...I figured all the TPR "beer nuts" would approve!

--Robb

That brings a tear to my eye! Thanks for making my day by drinking a Fat Tire.

With Fat Tire, Sam Adams, and Pyramid Hefe on tap, I may have to look into this place, though since it IS San Diego, I think I'll be good with Stone, Alesmith, Pizza Port, etc.

Looks like you made the most out of it, thanks for sharing the fun with us!

(next time, more Transformers stuff!)

Yes, more Transformers! I just found the box of mine while cleaning for a garage sale.

That's Icebat!!! He's an Uglydoll. And they are Freakin' Awesome.

Yeah, the Uglydolls are always one of my favorite things. I always buy at least a couple of the toys and plush every year.

I think those people dress up so no one knows they went to Comic Con

anyway, I heard a bit of great news, Peter Cullen, the original Voice for Optimus Prime, will be BACK as the voice of Prime for the upcoming movie

COOL

Robb, sweet PTR! I LOVED it! I'm always intrigued by the ComicCon crowd and always wondered who's dorkier- coaster enthusiasts or Comic freaks. I guess there's some sub-categories in the Comic realm too. I can understand the serious Comic collectors but the costumes, role playing and fan boy types are just scary.

Thanks for the beer tap shot too! Got me in the mood for a good beer and to post again on the beer thread. Been too long!

Costumes are always awesome. Halloween only comes once a year, so you totally gotta make up for it. also, everyone knows that any party worth it's salt is a party where you have to dress up in a costume. Why do you think Halloween events at parks are so popular? Because some marketing genius realized the perfecty alchemy that is is Coasters and Costumes.

This topic is proof that I havn't been visiting as much as I should have... (I promise to be back more regulary)

The problem of living in Belgium... San Diego is like on the other side of the world... I am the comic geek with over 9000 comics, so it is fantasyland for me.... But I was lucky enough to have been there, even if I live in Belgium. I used to have a comic book store and have been to San Diego to the show...

I wish I could go back to....

ThankX for the pictures!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
A package box samurai? And I thought MY cosplays were ghetto. Yes, I'm a anime geek...EMBRACE MY GEEKATUDE!

Jared "Now planning my next ghetto cosplay"Becker

At Anime Weekend Atlanta a few years ago there was the most ghetto looking ATHF cosplayers and some really ghetto Tetris blocks too.

Then there are my friends who I go to cons with who put WAY too much time and money into their costumes...

Happy mediums are the best imho.