TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

El Toro Model

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude that is giant! With the track the way it is it kind of looks like Steel Dragon's track. Anyways, it looks really good, cant wait for the next update and I hope Gadv lets you put in there. My only concern is if it will finish the course....damn Knex friction.

^no.

Okay, the second hill is 60%. It makes it over great. Some of you are porbably going to be like, whoa, that's to small, but NO! ITS NOT!!! lol. I've heard that too much on other sites. You wanna know why it's not though? Here:

188 divided by 29 (1:29 model) is 6.53567blah blah, and 112 divided by 29 is 3.609803blah blah, and the drop is 6 feet 6 inches, and the second hill is 3 feet 9 inches, so it's bigger 188 - 112 = 66. 66 dived by 29 = 2.275... There is a 2 foot 3 inch difference between the hills.

[/img]

^no.

Okay, the second hill is 60%. It makes it over great. Some of you are porbably going to be like, whoa, that's to small, but NO! ITS NOT!!! lol. I've heard that too much on other sites. You wanna know why it's not though? Here:

188 divided by 29 (1:29 model) is 6.53567blah blah, and 112 divided by 29 is 3.609803blah blah, and the drop is 6 feet 6 inches, and the second hill is 3 feet 9 inches, so it's bigger 188 - 112 = 66. 66 dived by 29 = 2.275... There is a 2 foot 3 inch difference between the hills.

....What??

That's quite a math problem you've got there.

Anyways the ride's looking great! Keep it up!

Actually, theres a simple math theory that I've discovered also applies to rollercoaster hill lenght. I forgot what the theory is called though. Anyway, take Little Bill's Giggle Coaster for example. First you compare all the hill heigths. The ratio on LBGC is 5,3,2,1,1. Now look at that ratio, starting at the last his, and going backwards. The pattern is that the previous 2 numbers equal the next one (1+1=2. 2+1=3. 3+2=5, etc)

Actually, theres a simple math theory that I've discovered also applies to rollercoaster hill lenght. I forgot what the theory is called though. Anyway, take Little Bill's Giggle Coaster for example. First you compare all the hill heigths. The ratio on LBGC is 5,3,2,1,1. Now look at that ratio, starting at the last his, and going backwards. The pattern is that the previous 2 numbers equal the next one (1+1=2. 2+1=3. 3+2=5, etc)

Fibonacci Sequence. Look it up on Google. 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, ect.....

And yes, it does apply in real mathematics, and is used in the design of coasters, buildings, bridges, and many other marvels of human engineering. I'm very interested to see if it applies to Knex coasters however, because the track and trains in no way behave like real coasters, mostly due to friction (or in some situations, the lack thereof due to the not-to-scale mass of the trains).

I'll follow this though, and I'd really like to see some pics of that Kingda Ka model.

I'm really hoping to set it up in GAdv, but they didn't answer my last letter. So I though of telling them this: I've been informing members of many roller coaster and Great Adventure fan sites of my project. and when I write them again, have everybody's name on it, kind of like a petition, but not really, and say, I've been informing many sites of this project and of my request, and I have a list of only a handful of members from those sites who would love to come to the park and see the model. Would you guys be willing to submit your names for it?