TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's Beach, B&M’s, & BBQ!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

If you are coming to the BBQ on Saturday, you need to RSVP today!

Send an email to: robbalvey@themeparkreview.com and tell us how many are coming. We are making special "care packages" for everyone (and the will self destruct after you leave the BBQ) so we need to know the exact count.

Details will be sent out tomororw to everyone who RSVP's.

See you on Saturday!

--Robb

Hi Everyone!

We're so excited about Saturday! Our apartment is covered in food and party supplies for the BBQ!

Here are the final details:

Saturday June 4th Meet Times

9:30am Just Outside the Hurricane Harbor Gates

2pm - In front of Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain

6:30pm - Robb & Elissa's Apt. Complex Rec. Room and Pool.

Here are some of the things we have planned:

- FOOD! Wings, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Chips/Snacks, Dessert, Drinks

- Dance Dance Revolution, The Taiko Drum Game, Mario Party, MORE!

- Coaster DVD's being shown in the 20 person theater

- Guess the coaster game

- Amusement Park Trivia Game

- Prizes and Goodie Bags for All

- Buy a brand new TPR Shirt before everyone else!

Please do try and show up on time so we can have hot food ready for you, and play lots of fun games.

If you have any questions, wish to add more guests, or still have yet to RSVP you can do so NOW by emailing us at:

robbalvey@themeparkreview.com!

See you Saturday!

--Robb & Elissa

Will there be a Hattuchili style "DR"?

I hope so! Tomorow, I will show you guys a new DR!

However, I wish everyone on that GREAT meeting at Robb and Elissa a perfect day, with so much fun, good coasters, hot BBQ, and cool Drinks!

^Robb, I hope you will post some pictures after that!

--Soeren "can not be there" Schomburg

^ Awesome! I'm totally wiped out right now!

In total throughout all the meets we had about 35 people, which IMO is great for our first meet!

SFHH, for whatever reason was empty, and we got on everything mutiple times.

SFMM, on the other hand, was not, but it was more about hanging out with friends on meeting new people.

We did the 'flat ride tour' then rode Colossus together, some people split off and did the single riders line of Deja Vu, and there were enough "Premium Pass Holders" to get fastlanes to share with everyone, and most people took a ride on Goliath and Scream! So even with the huge crowds we got some coaster riding in!

The BBQ, at least IMO was fun! The hot wings seem to go over well. People seemed to be a bit unsure about the "Guess which coaster I am" game, but once people got into it, there was a LOT of comotion going on about it!

I still can't believe how many people packed the movie theater to watch Japan-A-Mania and More! I thought for sure EVERYONE had seen it already. Taiko No Tatsujin (the drum game) was a hit although I didn't even get to play! =(

We handed out a bunch of prizes to the winners of our silly games and no one went home empty handed. I think almost everyone got a Vekoma Boomerang!

Anyway, I'll post some pics later on this week after we get our photos from the water cam back.

Thanks again to everyone who could make it, and we look forward to doing this again, probably in September!

I look forward to seeing everyone else's TR from yesterday.

--Robb "Full BBQ update from us coming soon!" Alvey

Robb, Elissa,

Thanks so much for having us! We had a blast. My lips are still on fire from the wings. :shock:

A little TR:

We arrived around 11:30 and had lunch before we got in the park. We rode Colossus and Scream! before we met up with everyone in front of Goliath. I saw Gregg first and then Kristi and Elissa. It was great visiting with them. It felt like we knew each other for a long time instead of having a lot of awkward silence. Thanks for being so nice. The BBQ party was spectacular. We had so much fun.

I'll post the pics I took tomorrow. I only have around 5.

Thanks again,

Rick and Gyendolynne

Just some pics. Thanks again!

If I get names messed up, please let me know.

1427465453_UmpPic.jpg.f1b323f0dfdd4195718643ce95269f85.jpg

Gregg, this is me at the Ballpark in Arlington. I am second from the right. I had the plate. I also weighed 165 pounds in this picture! I would have no problem getting on any ride!

290879106_ElissaandRattums.jpg.3e6a477e32b90e71b882639bbd7b5e5f.jpg

Elissa brought Rattums down for a little while.

791628846_SomeIntroductionswithdrumgameinbackground.jpg.4d10979a88ad50ba6b9def3c59afd467.jpg

Just a little gathering in front of the drum game.

622295799_RobbsmasterfulWings.jpg.ad7289366349a5821e70976c9a664a1d.jpg

Robb's extremely hot wings!!

878092942_GreggandRobbatBBQ.jpg.2c57ccbdc9cee2613685d301c7333cdb.jpg

Gregg and Robb at the BBQ. I am supervising :)

217956126_GyendolynneandJohnplayingdrumgame.jpg.10cf5d1c095e508259bc920e655addc2.jpg

Gyendolynne and Jon playing the drum game. We saw a commercial for this on Sunday. It was great to play it this way first!

Ahh man! I love wings!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I lived in Ohio we had places that just sold wings and had over 30 different types of sauces. Freak'n had wings every day I could. Now out in California, there isn't a single wings place out here. I have to settle for Friday's or Chili's wings. There good, but not the same. Wish I was there. Maybe next time.

tprsauces.jpg.9e8313a9812f49046c9177ccaab058fc.jpg

I Want My BW3's.

We had a great time Saturday with everyone. Thanks to Robb and Elissa for being brave to have everyone at their place. HH was lots of fun, I seriously thought we were going to flip out of the raft on the family raft ride. It was great!!! I am glad we got to meet some more people from the boards and I look forward to the next time we see everyone!!

Kristi

WOO!!!

Loved the meeting on Saturday. We all had bunches of fun didn't we? Anyway, I'm glad that I'm the only one I know of who didn't eat Robb's hot wings!

Anyway, again, it was so fun. Except the fact of me nearly dying on Twisted Fang at Hurricane Harbor! That slide's intense! Robb went on the same one, so he probably agrees. And me stinging my back on Escape Chute. That one was pretty intense too. Was gonna go on Venom Drop, but was too scared. Jon went on it though!

At SFMM, EVERY SINGLE LINE WAS LONG!!! Scream's, Goliath's, Goldrusher's, everyone! We even had to wait in line to get fastlane tickets!

We got there, got a little snack, then went to get our fastlane tickets. But guess whose fastlane tickets we also got?

Elissa's! We even got them too, using her pass!

Other than that, we had a blast at all of the meetings!

--Davon "at least Hurrivcane Harbor's lines weren't long!" Dorsey

Robb also gave out, get this, "Vekoma boomerangs." Boomerangs with the word VEKOMA written on them. I got one, and so did some other people.

He also handed out little patches for people who had coasters portaining to that certain park. I also got one of those. All around, we had a great time! Can't wait for the next one, if there is one!