TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Aren't some departments unionized or does anyone get holiday pay yet?

Cause honestly, if paying overtime is not the reason, I can't understand why SFMM would close on that Friday!!!! I don't buy the low attendance, especially on a Friday of a Holiday week. If anything it will just lead to more rumors of "the park is closed/closing" for all the people that head up and find it closed!

In California the holiday thing is only required for full time employees or union employees that have negotiated it(or companies that are willing to pay it like at Disneyland). And also six flags isn't required to pay it cause they are considered an entertainment venue and it's not outside of normal operation to be open on holidays. But when it comes to Christmas eve and day, six flags just doesn't get the attendance to justify it. Also, with the lack of holiday pay, you get a lot of call-ins from employees on those days who just don't care enough to go to work. Those were reasons for SFDK being closed on those two days back when I was there at least.

I'm sure the park will be closed today, I'm expecting it to be open tomorrow. Hoping to stop by for a bit while my daughter is getting her hair done in Valencia to get some pics.

I feel really bad for the employees missing out on all of the hours.

Yep, it's closed yet again.

I am going to make a prediction, that with all the cuts and cost saving tactics the company is doing across the board, the Magic Mountain will be ending its year round run begining in 2011, and go towards a more traditional season like other parks. I of course hope I am wrong.

We had a great day at Disneyland today in the "Rain".

Didn't get wet at all, except when we rode Pirates and Splash Mtn.

Back to SFMM ... does anybody know if they offer any kind of "shopping pass" like Disneyland and Knott's do? I want to run into the park for about an hour tomorrow (Thursday) to do some shopping/take some pictures but my daughter doesn't have an SP. And of course, the Passholder coupon book is no help.

I looked on their site but didn't see anything in the FAQ's. My guess is no, but thought I would check.

I am going to make a prediction, that with all the cuts and cost saving tactics the company is doing across the board, the Magic Mountain will be ending its year round run begining in 2011, and go towards a more traditional season like other parks. I of course hope I am wrong.

I hope you are as well. I could see the park closing in maybe Jan-Mar, but the Christmas season leaves alot of money to be made. Besides, with every other park in the region remaining open during that time of year, it's just going to hurt the park in the long run.