TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Yes, they have it in Gotham City.

I think that another sit down restaurant is a wonderful idea. My parents got tired after walking up that deathly hill and wanted to take a break, so a nice sit down restaurant right a the top of that hill would be great. Has anybody thought of having like some type of japanese steakhouse where the Laughing Dragons Pizza used to be? Personally, I think that that's a good idea because you would get a classy meal and a show all wrapped into one! They could also have some type of japanese garden with koi fish, japanese trees, and stuff like that near it to sit down and relax after walking up that hill. I'm just throwing out ideas though.

Roasted Corn was open last week, should be open on any given day from here on out through the summer.

I thought an ideal location for a sit-down restauarant would be where the new Johnny Rockets Shakes n' Fries just opened at (where the Justice League and about 9 different other names have been). It's in a high traffic location, has a nice view of a small lagoon where Log Jammer's lift hill is, and has abdundant seating area that could easily become enclosed if they wanted to.

But with the Johnny Rockets there now, that's rather unlikely. Oh well.

It would take one heck of an entrepenuer to take the limited resources Magic Mountain has to work with and build the kind of sit-down restaurant experience we're looking for. I don't see how the park could do it without it being an already-established name like Chili's or Islands or something like that, and even they might not like having to work inside the box Magic Mountain would give them.

Still it's something that should be looked into at least. If a place like Mountasia can afford to have the sit-down Farrell's...what's REALLY stopping Magic Mountain?

It would take one heck of an entrepenuer to take the limited resources Magic Mountain has to work with and build the kind of sit-down restaurant experience we're looking for. I don't see how the park could do it without it being an already-established name like Chili's or Islands or something like that, and even they might not like having to work inside the box Magic Mountain would give them.

I'm not asking for anything as major as say "Mythos" at Universal IOA (although that'd be sweet)... I'd be thrilled just to have my Four Winds back.

But here's the thing. There must be a reason why it was taken out in the first place. Maybe it is just because the dearth of families in the past few decades killed it, I don't know.

Granted unlimited power, money, and resources, here's how I'd reshape the food around Magic Mountain.

1. Move Panda Express up to that little unused picnic table area by Ninja. Asian Takeout makes more sense there.

2. Replace Panda Express with something similar with a Spanish theme. Something like Baja Fresh or (please oh please oh please) Rubios.

3. Is Katy's Kettle still alive? Seems to me it could be revived with a country/bbq type theme. It would fit the area and bbq turkey legs are ALWAYS a hit. It really seems to me that once you hit the rapids camp crossing area the food options take a serious dive.

4. Restore the 4 winds, or replace Laughing dragon with something like a Benihanas or a P.F. Changs. Moderate upscale.

Most of these involve updating the theme in addition to bringing in more varied food options. Some of these are more reasonable than others. Both the 4 Winds and Laughing Dragon vanished. There has to be a reason... probably insufficient foot traffic. Still, I wonder if an upscale eating facility with a name people recognize would become a draw for Samurai Summit in and of itself. Just some ideas, nothing I would ever really expect to happen.[/i]

Didnt see this posted yet;

Per the L.A. Times;

Scheduled to open May 24, X2 will feature fire and fog effects paired with music evocative of the new volcano-themed logo.

I like this idea instead of the tunnels. In my opinion I think they scraped the tunnel idea because either it wasn't in the budget or it just wasn't going to bring that much to the ride...I have a feeling it was a little bit of both. This new management really wants this ride to be awesome so what ever they come up with I know it will exceed expectations....old management would have just threw up some old Christmas lights and called it a day.

old management would have just threw up some old Christmas lights and called it a day.

I contend that they wouldn't have gone that far, but while we're on the subject of old Christmas lights... does anybody know if there are any plans to bring the lights back to Revolution's loop (or if they're back already?) They really do add something to the falls area of the park.

^ That is a nice touch for the loop. If they do bring it back, it'll be one of those "little" things that'll happen down the road.

One good thing: Jay already said that Revolution will always be white. I can't picture it any other color.

Eric

^ They've surprised me with the number of little things (goldrusher's building, Viper's eyes) they have added and fixed though... so it could come sooner than you think. Seems to me the current line of thinking is "I'd rather fix 20 little things that add up to a big difference than one big thing that impacts one ride (like scream's lot).

I can't argue with the overall effect. Was just curious if anybody heard anything or not.

^ That is a nice touch for the loop. If they do bring it back, it'll be one of those "little" things that'll happen down the road.

Eric

Since we are talking about lights. How about they bring back the chase lights on the handrails of Colossus?

"I would love to pull up to the park and see an Amazing Intamin ride!" (SharkTums)

Now that the old "anti-Intamin" management is gone, we may well see an Intamin creation or two in the years ahead. I'd like that.

Eric

"I would love to pull up to the park and see an Amazing Intamin ride!" (SharkTums)

Now that the old "anti-Intamin" management is gone, we may well see an Intamin creation or two in the years ahead. I'd like that.

Eric

Why did the old management avoid Intamin? Something to do with how they got burned with Superman?

One good thing: Jay already said that Revolution will always be white. I can't picture it any other color.

Eric

That's a small consolation considering how craptacular it has become. Did you ride it at WCB? Unridable!

I rode it during WCB and didn't think it was that bad. It is not as good as it used to be but it really isn't as un-rideable as we make it out to be. But it sure does seem little right next to Tatsu. Especially as you are heading down the hill into the loop, Tatsu just dominates Revolution.

Funny to see the new generation right next to the old. At one time Revolution and Colossus where the "end-all" in the roller coaster world. Now Revolution seems teeny next to Tatsu and Colossus barely comes up to Goliath's knees.

I hope they put this volcano effect in a visible spot from the entrance road into the park. That would be cool, once all this bloody construction is finally over.

Also what kind of music fits with a volcano-type theme? Are we talking about tribal jungle drums or what?

"Something to do with how they got burned with Superman?" (NYTrojan)

I've heard that was it.

"Did you ride it at WCB? Unridable!" (RIP Psyclone)

No, but I gave it some thought. It's really hard for me to ride it anymore, especially because I rode it in 1976 when it was great!

Eric

They could also have some type of japanese garden with koi fish, japanese trees, and stuff like that near it to sit down and relax after walking up that hill. I'm just throwing out ideas though.

They had one of those until about mid 2005 when it was cleared out to make room for Tatsu.