TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

We were wondering the same thing, if it'd been testing. We didn't see it run once the whole time we were there. We were also searching for the anything that looks like it would be shooting out flames and we weren't able to see anything. When we saw the flat bed rolling in we actually thought it might be pieces of the fire effects but as we got closer we saw it was the train.

Had anyone even heard if X2 has been testing lately?

--Robb

I was there all day Wednesday, didn't see it test that day. Park was empty, ERT on every coaster, I am sore on the top of my chest from all the Tatsu rides (and getting stuck on the lift for about 20 minutes didn't help either) but what a fun coaster!!!

Full Trip report coming soon

-GG

I just can't believe it's a month till opening and the "special effects" are nowhere to be seen.

Keep in mind that at a rock concert very basic fog and fire effects can be installed in a matter of hours. I expect X2s to be better, but they aren't the most difficult things on earth to add.

There is your proof that the coaster has been testing. Click on the video button on the X2 banner on the top of the page.

Oh, gee, thank you. It's not like we haven't known about this for about 20 pages now.

We have also all SEEN in test in person at West Coast Bash. So we KNOW that it has been testing. That wasn't what was asked. The question was has anyone seen it testing RECENTLY.

I don't think I've heard a report of it running in at least a week or so now...

--Robb "Please READ before posting." Alvey

I liked the techno music at the park. I don't consider myself a techno guy either. Batman was a little plain though with no music compared to SFGAm's Batman.

Batman had music playing on saturday when i was there.

That music is so loud.

That's awesome. I haven't been there in awhile because it's not my homepark, but it's an awesome park.

I have a question. What's the procedure for SFMM's Deja Vu? At SFGAm, they would check the seatbelts first, and than go around again, and they would check the harnesses. They would do them separately. I thought I might have heard that SFMM's does both at the same time. I haven't been on your Deja Vu because it was down for maintenance like refurbing the train.

Supposedly, Mean Streak is getting new retractable seatbelts, and if they put them on Deja Vu, I think it would be easier for people to find them. http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/index.cfm At SFGAm's Deja Vu when no one was in the row, they would wrap the seatbelt around the harness, and that would take a lot of time along with people just not finding the seatbelts. I think it would speed up the the line for Deja Vu a little bit if they used this, but it would cost some money. It's a suggestion.

^ They tell you to buckle the orange seatbelts first. Then they come around and check the harness and the second seatbelt. Since the harnesses aren't locked in the up position, many people pull the harness down right away.

I think the orange seatbelts as is, are fine. Granted they are really long so they have to make sure all of them are buckled before they can dispatch.

^ They tell you to buckle the orange seatbelts first. Then they come around and check the harness and the second seatbelt. Since the harnesses aren't locked in the up position, many people pull the harness down right away.

I think the orange seatbelts as is, are fine. Granted they are really long so they have to make sure all of them are buckled before they can dispatch.

When I was there last month they didn't lock the restraints until they were sure that everyone had listened and buckled the orange belt.

Another question.. has anyone ever been injured by putting their feet on the car in front of them? I see how it could happen if you had your knees locked or something.. "Weeee *crack*"

^Last summer a lady had her legs up against the car in front of her, and ended up braking her legs. Ambulance was called and everything, as far as I know there was no blood and the ride was up and running not too much later in the day.

I definitly think the installation of retractable seatbelts would speed up the process for duration between cycles on Deja Vu.

X's Techno music doesn't bother me because it gets me pumped up to ride....

When i go to Sfmm on the 4th of may, i will TRY to get some updates on X2....

Also i just found out that when i go to Sfmm on Gradnight X2 will have a week old...so i guess ill ride it there with my school!

I think its a good idea to put techno music on X2 because it makes it look more thrilling.......

Also i just found out that when i go to Sfmm on Gradnight

What school is going to Magic Mountain for Grad Night?

Well in my school 8th graders go to Sfmm for grad night and 12th graders go to disneyland.....i'm not sure wich schools are going exept mine....tickets are $40, its on June 6th from 6:00p.m to midnight! i think most of L.A.U.S.D middle schools are going...

Santa Clarita schools used to have a a night at the park when I was in High School, I never actually attended it however. However it is very common for the park to do things such as grad nights.

We had a Physics Day at the park when I was in High School, one of the things we had to do was measure that maximum G-Force on a handful of coasters. After spending 10 minutes trying to get the device to work, I got bored and just told everybody the answers from memory... It was at that moment I decided that I knew an unhealthy amount about SFMM.