TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm sure the park will be closed today, I'm expecting it to be open tomorrow. Hoping to stop by for a bit while my daughter is getting her hair done in Valencia to get some pics.

I feel really bad for the employees missing out on all of the hours.

Yep, it's closed yet again.

^I wear hoodies for style, but I outgrew the one raincoat I had at 13 (I outgrew it vertically, not horizontally) Rain doesn't bother me much. Everytime I go up north to the Bay Area, the friends I travel with think I'm insane for not packing a jacket with me. I can tolerate up to about 35 degrees with just a t-shirt...

I am going to make a prediction, that with all the cuts and cost saving tactics the company is doing across the board, the Magic Mountain will be ending its year round run begining in 2011, and go towards a more traditional season like other parks. I of course hope I am wrong.

We had a great day at Disneyland today in the "Rain".

Didn't get wet at all, except when we rode Pirates and Splash Mtn.

Back to SFMM ... does anybody know if they offer any kind of "shopping pass" like Disneyland and Knott's do? I want to run into the park for about an hour tomorrow (Thursday) to do some shopping/take some pictures but my daughter doesn't have an SP. And of course, the Passholder coupon book is no help.

I looked on their site but didn't see anything in the FAQ's. My guess is no, but thought I would check.

I am going to make a prediction, that with all the cuts and cost saving tactics the company is doing across the board, the Magic Mountain will be ending its year round run begining in 2011, and go towards a more traditional season like other parks. I of course hope I am wrong.

I hope you are as well. I could see the park closing in maybe Jan-Mar, but the Christmas season leaves alot of money to be made. Besides, with every other park in the region remaining open during that time of year, it's just going to hurt the park in the long run.

Sierra Falls has been completely removed........all that's left is some torn-up cement. Interesting to see that the old petting zoo barn has part of it's roof missing. Plywood is visible on one side and only the supporting cross bars on the other. Wonder if they're slowly taking it apart to rebuild elsewhere or are in the process of giving it a new roof (I don't think our recent "storms" would have inflicted that much damage to it).

^ The petting zoo barn was built in 1972, so if it is going to stay, I'd say a new roof is in order. Otherwise, what you saw was the beginning of its removal. Whether it will be relocated is another story, but I can't think of anywhere else they'd use it.

So, was SFMM open today? If so, did anyone go?

Eric

^I'd hope they just find a place for it in Hurricane Harbor, but one can only hope. Hurricane Harbor really hasn't received much of any updates since it opened...

I would actually argue with that and hope they DON'T put that in Hurricane Harbor. Old Wet/Dry slides like that just look so tacky compared to nice new waterslides. Plus they're a dime a dozen, you see them at every FEC in the country. I'd much rather see HH get the SFGAm treatment and put some of that stuff in. If they actually found a buyer for Sierra Falls I could see it fitting in better at a place like Mountasia than HH.