TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ I did notice the Axe Twist ad in the station, but didn't know that a train was ad-wrapped. They were using the orange-striped train when I was there.

Somehow, I can't imagine the pretzel loop on Tatsu being forceless, even with only one person on the train.

Eric

Good to see some action in this thread.. it's been kind of slow lately.

Is Ninja officially open? Or just randomly open on certain days? I would like to go Sunday and hope to ride it.

Good to hear that X2's audio is working okay! That is a deal-breaker for me if it is not..

The mists were working last week on the station tunnel and the other 2 tunnels. I remeber the guy behind me comenting how he got more wet on Terminator than he did on Tital Wave.

I actually will be stopping by tomorrow for a few hours. So hopefully Ninja will be up and running tomorrow.

Stopped by the park yesterday at opening. All rides were walk on with re-rides if anyone wanted with the exception of X2. No misters on Terminator, but the first set of misters on X2 were operating. I did also notice the Axe Twisted wrap on Viper, the new larger umbrella and tables near cold stone in the back of the park, and the new shaded character meeting locations.

Im going super duper soon and i really don't want to go when a ride is down for rehab. Ninja is down right now and i don't know why. I think they might stop Once summer break starts for kids because thats when they get lots of people. If you know anything tell me. I hope Ninja reopens soon. I'm going on the 23rd of june. Thanks

For the rehabs, Ninja should be the last scheduled for a while. The parks do all there ride rehabs during the off season so when the big summer crowds come in they would have all the rides open. If any of the rides are down from now until halloween it would be unscheduled and unexpected by park management. (except for colossus)

You can check on the rides page on the website http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/rides/ThrillRides.aspx . If you click under Ninja it says "temporarily closed".

Edited by larrygator

^ You're the one with the red OTSR, right? I say that because all of the others are orange.

While I'm not crazy about the ad-wrapped trains, the way it was applied to Ninja isn't so bad---maybe because they left the bottom of the cars black. And, of course, the Karate Kid movie ad fits Ninja's Japanese theme.

Since I haven't ridden Ninja all year, I look forward to doing so soon.

Eric

Thanks. I figure they would be smart enough to open all rides during summer. Summers there bussiest week. Thats why when i go i always get flashpassess. They are worth every penny b=to the point where your talking to your group and saying things like " we've done ALL the rides and its only 3:00. lets go RE RIDE SOME RIDES!!!

Okay I just got back from spending a couple of hours at the park today. I got on all the big rides except for Ninja though it was running today, it just happened to be broken down by the time I make the trek up the hill. The problem which it seemed to be that they were working on was the restraint release mecanism in the station. On other notes the misters on termy weren't working today, neither was the audio. I got my first look at the new viper decals which I actually think look really cool. I also got my first ever ride credit on Thomas the tank engine, so I just added another ride to my growing list. And finally this would seem kind of weird but I noticed that on the Gotham city sign the letters that spell out Gotham City were gone. So the sign just said "Backlot".

Hello everyone, im thinkin of going to magic mountain on monday the 24th, any idea on the crowds that day, do you think its a good idea? any help is apreciated thanks

It should be pretty dead all day. X2 and Tatsu might have a some sort of a line in the morrning but generally the park will be empty with walk-ons galore. Don't waste your money on a flash pass for that day.

Where exactly in Hurricane Harbor are they building Mr. Six's Splash Island? Did they use any of Flashback's old area? Strangely, I didn't notice this the other day when I was there.

Eric