TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Am I right about hearing that they brought back the on-ride photos on Batman and Riddler?

Not sure where I heard that. It would be nice to have those back though.

I'm planning to head out to the mountain on the 28th, which will be nice since I have the school day off.

^ As of last Tuesday, there are no on-ride photos for Riddler and Batman, though I think the flash still goes off on Riddler (at least is has in recent times despite not having the on-ride photos in ages).

Eric

hmmmm I really hope everything is working at SFMM when I go and visit next tuesday.

I haven't been to the park in ages...well actually six to seven months...I reason I say that is because I used to work for Six flags Magic Mountain. I had resigned in Nov 09(meaning I quit not fired), due to day in and day out situations where no one should ever experience as an employee. But anyway back to the subject of visiting...I really do hope I can get some Colossus action going because I LOVE that roller coaster...sure its a little rough around the edges..but I love it because it was indeed my first Wooden roller coaster that I have ever ridden...my second one was Psyclone..and third was Ghost Rider...etc. But I'll be happy to give a little TR on my visit when I get back from the park. Awesome!!!

I just got back from a very nice day in at the park. It was fairly empty, we walked on to X2 and every other ride except for Terminator which had a 25 min. line. They were test running Ninja with the water dummies and one of the trains has a new wrap promoting the new Karate Kid movie. Also over in the eating area in front of Gold Rusher they put in some hugemongous shade umbrellas.

2010_0430april300046.jpg.87625b6d4f1c411a07b46bdeac0e70a6.jpg

Front shot.

2010_0430april300047.jpg.844c380d3c2102c56d64f8b8a04b8aea.jpg

Side shot.

2010_0430april300049.jpg.de954f18f52a899c779e69b254c05091.jpg

Booty shot...of one car at least.

2010_0430april300050.jpg.33ab3d4ffbf3e3ce27dc28f4d95c85ae.jpg

Umbrella shot 1

2010_0430april300051.jpg.8c8bd570aa5d572b65ec8bf41aa3aae0.jpg

Umbrella shot 2

We finally get rid of the annoying hair gel ads on Viper, and now this?! I completely understand that riding Karate-Kid: The Remake: The Ride is better than paying a ridiculous amount to get in / Six Flags going the way of Billy Mays, and I know that it wont detract from the ride experience at all, but seriously, no park chain should be this desperate (too bad SF is). I think people who ride Ninja should be paid for advertising a product

^^ I've seen those giant Coke umbrellas and wondered why they're blue and white...aren't those Pepsi colors?

But more shade is definitely welcome---SFMM can use all the shade it can get.

I'm not a fan of the ad-wrapped coaster trains, but at least this one for the new Karate Kid movie matches the theme of the ride. I still laugh at the Schwarzkopf hair gel ad on the Arrow-built Viper. By the way, that ad is gone and the red stripes on that train have returned.

Eric

With the new train wrap, Im actually kind of suprise they don't do a movie overlay similar to Terminator with Ninja and rename it "Karate Kid: The Ride". Hey they wouldn't need to change the themeing that much and they could add preshows to make the line way cooler.

Wait could that be why Ninja was closed for so long.

The umbrellas suddenly showed up around the park (waterfront, cyclone bay, and johnny rockets) about a month ago. I think its good that some of them are red so they are not all blue and white.

We finally get rid of the annoying hair gel ads on Viper, and now this?!

You know, I actually don't mind the wraps! If anything, it means some trains that normally might not get any love get a make-over once or so a year. Does it really detract from the ride THAT much? Seriously?

--Robb

^I'm with you. It has absolutely no effect on the ride itself, and is a creative way to create new revenue for a company that desperately needs it. Good for Six Flags for thinking outside the box!

We finally get rid of the annoying hair gel ads on Viper, and now this?! I completely understand that riding Karate-Kid: The Remake: The Ride is better than paying a ridiculous amount to get in / Six Flags going the way of Billy Mays, and I know that it wont detract from the ride experience at all, but seriously, no park chain should be this desperate (too bad SF is). I think people who ride Ninja should be paid for advertising a product

^^It really doesn't haha, it's just a nitpick from an SFMM fanboy. I mean I'd much rather see Ninja without them (clearly), but in the end, they do much more good than harm for the average park-goer, or even myself for that matter. As I said, I'd much rather have this than pay a lot extra to get in and buy food and other stuff around the park, it's just bad that SF has to resort to this to keeping the prices the way they are!

it's just bad that SF has to resort to this to keeping the prices the way they are!

I dunno, I don't think it's in any way better or worse than when they started putting advertizements on those little bars that seperate your groceries from the guy behind you at the grocery store.

--Robb

Even though I personnal think the movie look like it is going to suck, I think the trains look cool and fits unlike Viper Gel lol

If these ads is helping bring us that future amazing airtime Intamin I ask for in almost every SFMM post I make then wrap the entire park in ads, hell. Unlike some peeps I'm still Intamin obsessed train flying off track/Cables exploding I still want one here in CALI

^ I agree with your first post about the Ninja trains. I was very happy that the Viper hair gel trains were gone on my last visit and now they have put ads on Ninja. While I understand the reasons which have been given for why they did this and agree that it doesn't detract from the ride experience, I also think that ads on coaster trains look really cheesy and it is somewhat sad that the park is in a position that they feel this is neccessary.

I hope Ninja reopens soon. About a month ago their website said it would reopen on April 12th. Now it says "late April" but it was still closed yesterday.

okay what happened to the sides of the train on Terminator?...I know its suppose to be an escape train. But really?!?! When I left the trains were perfectly black. Oh well, I guess I'll find out more details when I go and visit either Monday or tuesday. hmmmm.

I'm curious as to what kind of material was used for the theming on Terminator's trains. To me, it looks like some sort of plastic or Styrofoam. While the theming was nice, I wonder if some sort of replaceable panels might have worked out better? That way, a damaged panel could be changed out relatively fast.

Eric