TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

...Or maybe this is the start of it's deconstruction since it's suppose to be a huge money sucking ride to maintain and operate, but most likely it's like EBL said and sup is getting his botox and will come back looking brand new.

If theres any painting of the Superman structure I hope it remains the same color. I remember awhile back there was some test colors applied to a support that was red/yellow/blue and Imo I didn't like that at all.

Batman is looking gorgeous

^ Actually, while I don't mind the color it is now, painting the track, say, blue, and the structure red with accents of yellow (or any mix thereof) would look nice.

But most likely this is for a new coat of kryptonite block (KPF 500) or the previously mentioned botox. Or a change of shorts. Who knows? For all we know, the park is getting an early start on its 2011 plans...

Eric

Y'think Batman's trains will get a little change of color, too?

Eric

Last time I was on Batman, one of the trains had black sleeves on all of the OTSRs. Though I don't think it has anything to do with painting Batman blue, they might hint to a new train color.

I'll be heading up to Magic Mountain tomorrow, it's probably gonna be really lame since half of the rides will be closed...but I'll pass the time by taking pictures of phallic objects there or something...

Who knows? Maybe Batman will be entirely painted blue by tomorrow, and the roller skater will be not only up, but testing too!

For all we know, the park is getting an early start on its 2011 plans...

Yep, all the Six Flags parks are. Every ride that needs painting is getting paint. Any ride that needs stuff done to it, is getting it done. Atleast that's how it is at SFNE. Anything that looks boring is being painted colorful. Take for example the Parachute Tower at GADv, it got painted. If you guys are complaining about Scream! not being painted, I bet it will be painted eventually. Six Flags wants all the parks to look brand new for 2011.

^^ Since you'll be entering the park in 2009, your 2009 pass should get you in. Technically, it expires at the close of business on December 31, 2009, but you will have entered before then.

Eric

Thanks Eric. It just seems weird that I'll be going into the park in 2009 and leaving in 2010. Looking forward to it.

Andrew "Let it be 2011!" Iorio

They are going to build a "people mover" style tunnel through the hill so fat people like me don't have to hike up it anymore. I wish.

That is a virtually ignored area. You have the once in a lifetime open tower, the closed chinese Pizza (who doesn't think of chinese with pizza) restaurant, ninja (hiya), and superman. A new ride would help bring people back up there, but it really doesn't matter to the park because they don't have too much for the guests to "buy" up there, however, if they had a zip line at the top of the hill... But I do wish there was another path near Superman that would go to the Gotham or Goliath area. From a customer service standpoint, a few more paths would help a lot in getting around, but there is probably a reason why they don't have them.

I also think it would be fun to get those stupid (but unique) bike things they have in Japan for the old monorail track. Imaging the great workout with the little hills! That way there would be at least some use out of it.

Those are my stupid thoughts for the day.

^ I like how they do the flags on Twitter: |> |> |> |> |> |>

Some time back, Tim Burkhart mentioned that he had a few ideas that would make use of the Metro track. I hope that track is structurally sound enough to support anything. Something like the old Rocket Rods would be a nice attraction. And it could be adapted to use as a transportation system if the cars could pull into the existing stations.

However, realistically, I think Metro's track will finally be removed whenever SFMM builds something on the mountain, as is rumored for 2011.

Eric

^I've done a SCAD Tower, they are terrifying, I wonder if they would even be legal in California or if insurance premiums/potentail liabilities under law make them unviable.

I'd love to see them do a big coaster that starts at the top of the mountain and goes all the way down for the first drop.

I've heard talk of this before but perhaps they could use the Superman structure as part of a new coaster. If they built a lift hill up the other side and then use the tracked side as the first drop, that would be killer - probably literally.