TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

WCB '10 Pitch Idea: Convince management to turn the sign back on to "Terminator Pride Parade" mode at night and sell glow sticks for a rave under the sign. This way, the glow sticks would generate extra revenue for the event, it's perfectly genius.

EDIT: ^They don't cycle the colors anymore, this was only when it first opened

Well Sunday was an excellent day at the park , warmer than the day before.

plus the place was empty.

I went straight up and got 2 rides on tatsu, and it isn't that bad but still it's the pretzel that kills me every single time, I haven't blacked out but it is pretty uncomfortable..

then i went straight on down Terminator for a few laps - how many you ask ?

Is there a record ? I got 16 laps and only changed seats about 4 times, most were in the back seat. This is by far the best ride in the park.

Then I went on Batman twice and then Revolution twice, Viper twice and then went home.

Hopefully I'll be back some time next year when the new coaster is ready !

So I may suddenly find myself in SoCal sometime during the next week. I'm going to Las Vegas on Wednesday, and will probably want to get away from there for parts of that stretch.

Any current park coupons, or extra season pass books floating around for the Mountain? I still don't have T:S or X2 credits.

Paul "Probably won't get to WCB 2010" Miller

The first time I rode Tatsu was the first time I blacked out on any roller coaster.

After that first time, it got a little better because I was more prepared for it, but still, that is THE most intense moment at any coaster in Southern California.

I think alot of pretzel loops pack a punch. I came close to blacking out on SUF, but I was in the back seat. Plus it was night, so I couldn't brace for it either way. I've never been on Tatsu, but I automatically agree with you. What row where you in?

Front row, the first time I rode it. Unforgettable experience, in more ways than one!

So I may suddenly find myself in SoCal sometime during the next week. I'm going to Las Vegas on Wednesday, and will probably want to get away from there for parts of that stretch.

Any current park coupons, or extra season pass books floating around for the Mountain? I still don't have T:S or X2 credits.

Remember the Park is not open weekdays at this time.

And despite the calendars sent out at the beginning of the year, the Park is only open on weekends for the next two weekends - it doesn't open daily until the 19th thru Jan 3 (and closed the 25th).

As for coupons - try buying your ticket online at Sixflags.com - tickets are 29.99 for one day admission, I believe.

Will

Tatsu's pretzel pulls about an equal amount of G's, but the rider position probably is what is overkill for alot of people. Your not going through Goliath's helix on your back...

That makes a lot of sense. On the pretzel, the Gs seem to really hone in on your chest and gut. Same with Mission:Space, which deals out forces that make a lot of people sick, and which I found nearly too damn much.

^I can and have done Mission: Space multiple times in a row. Tatsu back row, however, twice in row and I'm good for at least a couple hours.

The trick I have found to eliminate that discomfort in the pretzel is to avoid tensing up and just breathe through it.

Speaking of G's, I have noticed in the past year, I have started to grey out in Goliath's helix, parts of Batman and even once at the bottom of the first loop on Riddler. It kinda shocks me as it never happened before this year. Granted I am a lot smaller this year compared to the past, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Speaking of G's, I have noticed in the past year, I have started to grey out in Goliath's helix, parts of Batman and even once at the bottom of the first loop on Riddler. It kinda shocks me as it never happened before this year. Granted I am a lot smaller this year compared to the past, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Hate to tell you, but it has something to do with age aswell... I know 26 is still young, but you wont be able to do coaster marathons like when you were 18

I know that is the sad thing, we can't do coasters forever...

I am 'only' 32 have never blacked/greyed out YET but am finding somethings very uncomfortable like Tatsu's pretzel, Viper in general for roughness, it's all about the smoothest ride I can get these days...

Give me Scream, Batman & Terminator anyday, decent enough thrills and nice and smooth.

then i went straight on down Terminator for a few laps - how many you ask ?

Is there a record ? I got 16 laps and only changed seats about 4 times, most were in the back seat.

On Termination Day, I know I rode it over 30 times before the park even opened to the public. And I only switched seats about three or four times.

---Brent

"I know that is the sad thing, we can't do coasters forever..." (billyb67)

I'm 50 and can keep up pretty well, so as long as you stay healthy you should be fine. And even though some things like the helix on Goliath and Tatsu's pretzel loop in the back row are intense, I can get through them.

Eric

"I know that is the sad thing, we can't do coasters forever..." (billyb67)

I'm 50 and can keep up pretty well, so as long as you stay healthy you should be fine. And even though some things like the helix on Goliath and Tatsu's pretzel loop in the back row are intense, I can get through them.

Eric

I don't think age really matters that much. I'm 17 and Titan's blackout helix ended up getting me my the "first aid room credit". My dad's way over 50 and he's pretty well with forces too. He rode bascially every coaster at CGA and SFDK with me.

At SFOT, there was like 8 year old kids (some with their parents) who were fine as ever even afterwards.