TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Forums

1. Theme Park Review

1. Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and donkeys!

1.1m

Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!

3. Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness

Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc... Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!

Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!

Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! 

• Was there on Sunday/Monday. TT2 is insane going backwards and from what I'm hearing the silver train is the one that has shaky moments more than the other two trains. Sunday it broke down twice in line making a one hour wait closer to two and a half hours while Monday it didn't break down nearly as much and they pumped people through and didn't limit Fastlane riders to one ride like they were advertising a few weeks ago, though that might change later this year .  This ride is easily top 4 in the park IMO and more reliable than Maverick or Steel Vengeance. It's also a better ride overall than its predecessor.
    • Yes, brakes. Supposedly limiting them to about 25 MPH. I've only been on one and it felt more like it really only limited the speed on curves, the harder you hit the curve the more you slow down. However it works, they appear to be designed by following a simple set of design rules such as slope angle, versus having to calculate speed affected by everything that comes before a particular point on the ride. Powered coasters use the opposite mechanism, but if the result is also regulated speed, it similarly simplifies design and theoretically allows unlimited length; there is far more question if they're really coasters however. Maybe if someone made a ride that immediately hit the governor and stayed there, but they don't. The threshold for a "credit" isn't very high.
    • It is hard to tell Lawyers, Ride test brought things to light, Zamperla, Cedar point, Peoples inability to just be smart and put things away.  I mean this thing is 420 feet and 120is MPH. Things happen. I wish TT2 lockers was my biggest worry in life.  They saved this ride and have been getting great reviews, just go ride the thing and stop worrying about something you have no control. 
    • ^ Thanks for your opinion. I appreciate your response. That locker situation concerns me. How can they design this ride, and last minute make this locker change? It's all Zamperla's fault -- right!!!
    • I read all your trip reports.  Very entertaining!

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/