TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fastest Acceleration?

Am I right in thinking that Hypersonic XLC has the fastest acceleration of any coaster in the world?

0-80 in 1.8 seconds... is there any coaster with a faster acceleration?

Thanks in advanced.

P.S. -- those who don't know physics need not answer this thread.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like I just posted in another thread though...

Dodonpa's acceleration is what I consider the limit for humans. I think of myself as pretty coaster friendly and tough but Dodonpa literally felt like my chest was hit by a ton of bricks!

Elissa "ouch" Alvey

Im guessing your arms would rip off and flap around on the ground like a couple of dead fish! But seriously, one of the reasons, besides drag, that CP wont let you put your arms up is the potentialy threat of your arms dislocating! And you can really feel it in your shoulders during the launch.

TTD I think is intence as you get the need to bite down hard and clinch every muscle in your body at the end of the launch (well my first 2 times I did) and the cheek flapping effect!

Colin C

Xcelerators launch is 0-82 in two seconds which is 41 mph per second.

TTD's launch is 0-120 in 4 seconds which is 30 mph per second.

Hypersonic's launch is 0-80 in 1.8 seconds which is 44 (rounded) mph per second

Dodonpa's launch is 0-107 in 1.8 seconds which is 59 (rounded) mph per second!!!

Out of those the fastest acceleration is Dodonpa but the highest speed is TTD which has the lowest acceleration :shock: .

And that's my math lesson for the day.

However, Dragsters is held longer. So if you are like me, and would rather have a longer launch than a shorter one, then it works for you.

But thats correct. But about having your arms up on Dragster and dislocting your arms, total false.

I ALWAYS have my hands up before it takes off. Its a matter of timing. Once the train slides backwards, its in automatic mode. Ive spent enough time in that station watching the ops work it that I probably could learn it with 5 minutes help, at least whatever part I needed.

The actual "launch" person sits facing the ride and just presses 2 buttons down when they flash...thats when the catch dog engages and the train slides back.

ITs harmless on dragster unless you have some serious medical conditions. I never get much feeling in my arm sockets other than the wind force. Which, in front seat (Where I always sit) is the most fun.

Im guessing your arms would rip off and flap around on the ground like a couple of dead fish! But seriously, one of the reasons, besides drag, that CP wont let you put your arms up is the potentialy threat of your arms dislocating! And you can really feel it in your shoulders during the launch.

I did just fine. My arms were up defiantly through 3 "ARMS DOWN" messages. I was rebelling against "the man".

I was stoked at the end, hence the "rock on"

1523569625_ResizeofTTD.jpg.ad3445307e0ce4d714a4c1c95f29eaeb.jpg

i like being excelerated. But when i went on Rock'n'roller coaster in WDW, i thought it was powerful. Dodonpa? extremely powerful. I havent been on dondonpa, but i live in a country were there are only like 2 coasters, so i dont get on them much. Only when i am in florida. And hopefully, CP!

I forgot about that stupid ride at old town!!

It is really insane too. I didn't think it was as painful at the Dodonpa Launch, but the brakes were awful. If you're the 'passenger' you have nothing to brace yourself on. I ended up with a huge bruise on my leg from the harness digging into me from the sudden stop.

I've only done it that one time, I'd like to try and be the driver so I have something to hold on to for the braking section but no way am I going to pay like $30 or whatever insane price they want!

Elissa "damn, I forgot how much that one hurt too!" Alvey

[geek mode]

Okay, the engineer in me has to speak up here. When we are talking about something going 80mph in 1.8 seconds or 120mph in 4 seconds, all we can get from that is the average acceleration. You could have two rides that both reach 120mph in 4 seconds, but one could start at 0 gs and slowly ramp up to 2.7gs while the other stays at 1.4gs for the full four seconds. It's really the launch profile (and the jerk, which is the rate of change of acceleration) that makes the difference.

[/geek mode]