Sesame Place Discussion Thread

P.3 - Oscar's Wacky Taxi Wooden Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This button makes my penis erect.

Re: Sesame Place Discussion Thread

Postby DJeXeL » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:37 pm

It's a damn good family coaster and has one of the best lead cars I've seen.
Screenshot 2018-08-19 17.35.27.png
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:03 pm

^ Yes. I love that the license plate on the back says "SCRAM".

The recording of him telling everyone to beat it when the ride was over is also hilarious and wonderful.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:17 pm

boldikus wrote:You know what else they have thats crazy for a kids ride? Their mini troika thing. Holy f*ck they run that thing hard. We all loved it though.

They got it from Busch Gardens Tampa. I want it back...lol Falcon's Fury replaced it. Good replacement, but I loved that ride. It was the only other flat at the park worth riding (to me).
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:49 am

My wife isn't a coaster person in the slightest. She barely tolerates them and frequently sits out whenever she sees something that's a little too tall for her. There's been a few exceptions in the past, but mostly for the bobsled style of coasters like Flying Turns and Avalanche.

We hit up Sesame Place a few weekends ago with both of the kids, and a friend of ours with his 6 year old son also tagged along. Since my daughter hit 40", she was able to ride both of Sesame's coasters, and of course as soon as she saw that green behemoth sitting in the parking lot, she knew she wanted to do that first thing. The wife was a little nervous, but didn't want to be the only one out of the six of us to sit it out, and so she joined us in line. Ten minutes later, we were sitting down in the three middle cars, and before she had a chance to change her mind, she was locked in next to my son while I sat with my little girl, and we were off up that lift hill.

Spoiler alert: she f*cking LOVED it. The smoothness of the ride combined with the thrilling layout and custom Timberliner trains with the pseudo-wings up on the sides helped alleviate her fear of heights and ultimately contributed to her most enjoyable experience on a traditional coaster to date.

Some choice quotes of hers from memory:
- "What the hell just happened?"
- "That ride has NO right to be called a kiddie coaster."
- "Where did all that airtime come from?"
- "Yeah, I'll ride it again!"
- "Can I get a magnet? Actually, can I get two? One for the fridge at home and one for my drawer at work."

Unfortunately she had no such love for Vapor Trail, but hey, baby steps. I'll take the wins where I can get them.

(Oh yeah, the kids loved it too. LOL!)
That coaster dad [338] and that coaster kiddo [220]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

Postby boldikus » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:08 am

Funny, my nephew hated Vapor Trail (aka Helix: The Ride) too, got off crying. After confusingly quizzing him, said it was because the "car didn't have doors" which we laughed at because neither did Wacky Taxi. I said "its OK bud, I hate Vekomas too" :lol: :lol:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:23 am

Sounds like a natural instinct to hate Vekomas. :lol:
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Walibi Holland & Slagharen

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:57 am

boldikus wrote:Sooooo.... who thought Oscars Wacky Taxi had no air? And what crack are you on? :lol:

To be fair, it was hot humid and rainy today but jesus god that coaster is legit. I truly can't get over how much bullsh*t nuts ejector air we got. So good, I'm a huge fan. My first ever GG coaster too.

I did! No crack! Maybe I'll give it a 3rd try.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby thrillrider » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 am

This park must be doing really well.

From the looks of there Facebook page, they have reached capacity several time in the last week.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby boldikus » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:33 am

^ If you believe my sister, that happens every day. :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, she lives less than 10 minutes away and works down the block, and goes 2-3 times every season and always moans about how insanely packed it always is (noteworthy, she has a Six Flags pass and goes there as well). She originally wanted me to take a day off work to go on a weekday, but I wasn't going to lose a days pay or waste vacation time for that. We jumped at the chance to go yesterday due to chance of showers all day, but even though she noted that it wasn't as crowded as usual, it was still pretty busy imo. Even with the rain on/off, all the rides and the waterslide/play areas were open and holding 10-20 minute waits, and when we checked on Wacky Taxis wait while leaving (in hopes for one quick last ride) we found the line to be spilling out of the queue.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:50 am

^ This is why I think SeaWorld's decision to focus on Sesame Street is a very wise move.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Walibi Holland & Slagharen

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!