TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

If you've never been to HKDL, it's still worth visiting for the new coaster alone.

I went to HKDL few years ago, when the "big new thing" was IASW, so the whole "West Bank" of the Jungle Cruise is all new area to me. (OK, technically it's the south bank in Hong Kong, but I like the allusion of "West Bank" a lot better)

It's the same with Ocean Park - when I last went (2 years ago?), Hair Raiser was finished, but it and the arctic themed coaster weren't actually open yet. This will teach me to visit Asia in the fall and not pre-summer.

I may have to choose between the two... realistically of course, it'll be my wife's call, as she's traveling with me that weekend.

^ For myself, Ocean Park wasn't as shaded on it's pathways like HKDL was. But OP now has a themed funicular train to get up to the top of the park, unlike always having to use the gondolas, which can be fairly "humid" inside, like it was when we used them. There is also a lot of walking to do without shortcuts at OP.

I liked Ocean Park, just wish it had been less hot and humid the day we were there. And more trees for shade.

And honestly, HKDL puts a lot more thematic atmosphere around you, depending which 'land' you are in.

Hope that helps.

^ I wish I could have done the Hong Kong harbour tour and dinner with you all, but I just felt too

overheated and weak, to push my luck. As it happened, getting back to the hotel worked great for me - along with a nice evening swim in the hotel pool.

(And I picked up my extra 2-day pass as well.)

Cast Member previews of Mystic Manor started this weekend (the weekend of the 6th & 7th)

If they're doing Cast Member previews, I'm going to start swinging by there whenever possible!

I also found a lucky draw of Magic Access Members to go to a sneak peek of the ride. Just registered for the first date possible, I wonder if they will also do soft openings before this.

719087677_Screenshot2013-04-09at13_01_31.png.6067eef953dc35b87db0de97cf66e06f.png

I went there last week, no soft opening but it looked like the area was pretty much done and they were clearing up the construction stuff. On the way out I asked a cast member about Mystic Manor. They said they went to the preview and that it was amazing and that it would open mid-May. I'm probably going to go there again on Saturday to see if there's a soft opening.

WDI are going to have an event at the new land tomorrow according to the Hong Kong Disneyland website.

It also gives some more details on the ride. There is a sneak peek next Friday for passholders that entered a draw (and I get to go!!!):

Lord Henry Mystic is an eccentric explorer and adventurer who has travelled extensively to exotic locations around the world to acquire an eclectic array of fine art, antiquities and even some oddities. His private collection is housed within his stately Victorian home - Mystic Manor. You are now invited to enjoy a ride in his latest invention the "Mystic Magneto-Electric Carriage". Engage all your senses as you view his precious collection. Continue your journey by exploring the Garden of Wonders - where ancient sculptures and paintings create unbelievable 3D illusions for the most bewildering and mystifying photo-taking experience. You can never be quite certain what mysteries will be unlocked within such an extraordinary collection. Discover for yourself what is real and what is not!

Sounds like a combination of MK's Haunted Mansion enhanced queue, with a bit of Voyage of the Little Mermaid's 3D 'game' thrown in. Can we see a video already!?

Edited by jray21

Sounds like a combination of MK's Haunted Mansion enhanced queue, with a bit of Voyage of the Little Mermaid's 3D 'game' thrown in. Can we see a video already!?

It's a video from Hong Kong television. Unfortunately I can't speak Cantonese so I have no idea what they are saying. But it does show the load area and little bit of the ride.

Wow, That looks really nice. Really hope I can get to go back to Hong Kong sometime. Really loved the country and Hong Kong Disney was small but what rides/attractions they had were perfectly done.

Nice to see the trackless ride style moving out and about across the world too!