The Black Parade

So an emo band loses it's emoness
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Uber Designer

Postby Real » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:14 pm

Calaway Park wrote:Most of them have had pretty 5h177y lives though.

Actually, most of the time its just an act. A group if you will.

^Everyones life is crappy in some way. Remember, thats a relative term. Everyone has their ups and downs. Its how you deal with the ups and downs that makes you who you are. In the end, its all your choice - no one elses.

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:40 pm

This has turned into an EMO's suck thread, instead we should be talking about this awesome cd coming out tomarrow! :b

I saw Deja Vu was open

Postby Krazykral10 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:47 pm

Real wrote:
Calaway Park wrote:Most of them have had pretty 5h177y lives though.

Actually, most of the time its just an act. A group if you will.

^Everyones life is crappy in some way. Remember, thats a relative term. Everyone has their ups and downs. Its how you deal with the ups and downs that makes you who you are. In the end, its all your choice - no one elses.

inspirational i must say
What does "GRRR" do for you!?

:mike:

@@
U
~~

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:04 pm

Emo kids are amazing! They have no gratitude, they complain about their lives, and they look funny. I mean, wtf? They have no right to complain. If anything, people in 3rd world countries should be complaining that freaks like these are pretending they have it tough.

That Conceited Jerk

Postby Calaway Park » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:29 pm

DATman wrote:Emo kids are amazing! They have no gratitude, they complain about their lives, and they look funny. I mean, wtf? They have no right to complain. If anything, people in 3rd world countries should be complaining that freaks like these are pretending they have it tough.

I think the third world comparison is a bit much, considering these people don't live in a third world country. People who live there are used to it. When your dad kills himself accidentally when you're four years old, it's something you can't get used to. [I used my example.] That’s only one of the things that have happened to me. I can't play sport well, I can't do a lot of things, I never had a dad to take me fishing, or take me swimming. Do the things "dads" do. Emos tend to have these kind of problems. Some of them have things gone as far as sexual abuse when they were children.

How can you say it's an act, how can you know that? How can you just reach into their mind and know this? Some people get made fun of at school. Some people, don't like themselves because of this. When you've been called something like "useless," or "worthless" your whole life, you're just led to believe that's how you really are.

It's human nature to have a low self esteem at times, but sometimes things surpass that. Teenagers are going through more pressure today than ever before, to look a certain way, act a certain way, and etc. A person you people call "emo" could be a great person on the inside. People who judge by looks are a bit prejudice don't you think?

The following is an article I wrote to "The Magazine: Not For Adults" that was featured as the vocal of the month.

Self Mutilation
You guys should do a KIDS HELP PHONE article on self harm, and self mutilation. It's so sad what these people go through, and they need some recognition. Most of them have had really hard lives and need somebody to turn to. Please help these fellow peers, and allow them to live a normal live. Don't just call them "emo" as that is a derogatory term used to discriminate others. Some people do not realise this, but insinuating that another is "emo" can cause greater emotional harm and lower their self esteem more than the problems already bestowed upon them have caused.

Signed, Sorry For Harmers.

Kids Help Phone counsellors are now preparing an article for an upcoming issue of the magazine. See, the thing is, that magazine put "emo" in their "TOP TEN: Fads that have gone boring." list. Basically contradicting their reply to my entry. See, "emo" is simply a label. Nothing more. There were "emos" before the term even became common language. It never annoyed people then, but now, it's also a fad to hate them. Sure, there are emos that are just following a fad, but some of them actually do hate themselves.

People say "well, if you hate life so much, why don't you just kill yourself, get it over with." People don't see what this is doing, this is just making them feel more worthless. I don't see how a person could get satisfaction out of making a person feel pointless. A lot of times, when a person feels bad about themselves, they're on the verge of going into manic depression. Cutting themselves is actually a way to relieve emotional pain. Some people would rather have physical pain than emotional pain. It works as a release.

Now, I don't know the physics of it, or why it works, I just know it does, from experience. I know this is probably going to give me a bad reputation here, but I have cut my wrists. I was told that my dad wanted another girl when my mom got pregnant again. They even had a name planned for me if I was a girl. I grow up, and I find this out. This made me feel like I was part of the reason my dad got depressed. His death was because of accidental overdose. He was depressed, and had a drinking problem. I know that I am basically stating things that happened in my life, but I'm sure someone else could relate.

Though it's my personal opinion, I think we should help people like that feel better about themselves, not worse.

Now lets get off this topic and talk about the CD, which this thread was originally meant for.

The CD sounds great. I like My Chemical Romance. Even when they were "emo."

My fingers hurt now...

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:50 pm

I can reach into the mind because I battled severe depression for nearly 3 years, thought about taking my life. I have a dad, but he wasnt there for me in the years I needed him most. I have a list as well. But remember, its all relative. Some people deal with deaths better than others. To some, a death of a family member might not mess them up as much as some other issue. But I came close to taking my own life with depression.

Thats how I can reach into the mind - I was there.

I came to understand that no matter what happens to you in your life, most of it is out of your control. And because of that, like every one, life is what you make of it and how much you enjoy life is up to you.

I agree with you, people with true depression or even people who maybe are teetering and just need help, they should get it.

EDIT - As for calling some of it an act, that deals with the high school kids who arent really depressed, but maybe are outcasts and the whole emo crowd will take that person in. However, thats the oxymoron. Where you would think that groups of emo's would be able to turn each other from emo to something better by caring for one another and taking care of each other, it just seems to end up being very seperatist. While they all stick together, they dont try to do much for each other. It only takes one person to change a life and make an impact.

Postby Wes » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:59 pm

MCR is pop punk.

Teh Rockness Monster

Postby BiCoastal Kid » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:23 pm

^Isn't like, 90% of emo now days, anyway?

ALSO, just to touch on this in here as well.

Calaway Park wrote:I think the third world comparison is a bit much, considering these people don't live in a third world country. People who live there are used to it. When your dad kills himself accidentally when you're four years old, it's something you can't get used to.

ALSO, just to touch on this in here as well. If people in 3rd world countries are "used to" all those things over there, why cant people here get over themselves, too? Oh, that's right, they don't and neither do people over there. ;) That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. kthx

That Conceited Jerk

Postby Calaway Park » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:13 am

BiCoastal Kid wrote:^Isn't like, 90% of emo now days, anyway?

ALSO, just to touch on this in here as well.

Calaway Park wrote:I think the third world comparison is a bit much, considering these people don't live in a third world country. People who live there are used to it. When your dad kills himself accidentally when you're four years old, it's something you can't get used to.

ALSO, just to touch on this in here as well. If people in 3rd world countries are "used to" all those things over there, why cant people here get over themselves, too? Oh, that's right, they don't and neither do people over there. ;) That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. kthx

Just because somebody may have it worse, doesn't mean you lose your right to be upset. Depression is depression, no matter to what degree.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby IceDragon » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:45 am

i dont see whats so bad abou emo's. they make great friends, and once they are friends, they can actually relax around you and have fun!

as for MCR and PATD, i like listening to them, but i dont feel any pressure to become emo myself...

also: wtf's up with Gerrard Ways' hair? i perferred it black! it suited him more...

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random