Movies, Movies, Movies.....

P. 594 - The Lion King Review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:08 pm

We just came home from seeing "Mary Poppins Returns" (it was great!), and noticed that they were still filming down the street from us. Part of a film was being shot at the other end of our block. From the look of the cars parked nearby, it definitely looked like this was a 1940's genre movie. And on our notice of the parking restrictions we received a couple of weeks ago, so far, the future movie is titled "The Terror Infamy". That will/could probably change, once they're ready to release it. Here's the late afternoon (but dark) shots I took...

EDIT: David just returned from shopping, and found out that it's part of a tv series that's being shot. Ooooooh. :wink:
IMG_8625.JPG
From the front of our house, we could see this.
IMG_8626.JPG
With a "Giant Big Bright Ball in Sky"
IMG_8627.JPG
Yep. The cars are a sort-of give away of the time period of this film.
IMG_8628.JPG
Or they're for a 1940's dream sequence. (o;
IMG_8631.JPG
Nice cars, too. All of them.
IMG_8632.JPG
Here's the Big Bright Ball. Behind a solo fake palm tree, lol.
IMG_8633.JPG
Last shot. I think all their main filming was done, earlier.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:27 pm

Rewatched Unbreakable last night in preparation of seeing Glass today. Unbreakable was better than I remembered it to be with some underrated cinematography.

As for Glass: I thoroughly enjoyed it up to the cloverleaf twist. Highly entertaining and James McAvoy as Kevin Wendell Crumb/The Horde was just as spectacular as he was in Split. Ultimately, Glass was the equivalent of blowing up a balloon, only to have all the air escape it whilst sounding like a whoopee cushion.

I would also like to take a moment to use this thread as a soapbox as to why independent theaters are awesome.

Last week, I went to a Fathom Events screening at an amc. My 2D ticket, large popcorn, and large beverage cost me approximately $32.

At the independent theater I go to, on Black Friday, I purchased a refillable bucket of popcorn that gets me free refills through the end of 2019. That bucket cost the same as my popcorn/drink combo at amc. So my ticket/36oz beverage at the independent cost me $9. The independent also has a full bar. Which means I could have gotten a beer with my ticket and soft drink for 1/2 what I paid at amc.

My amc seat had less available legroom than when I fly coach, while I sat in a leather recliner at the independent.

The closest theater to my house is an amc at a 10-minute drive. The independent is 30 minutes away.

The independent has a free-to-play arcade.

The independent is themed to an old French courtyard.
windmill.JPG
Need I say more?
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Locked in the Land of Oz

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:44 am

^ :lover: That looks (and the other stuff there) awesome! Our independent theatres here
are pretty plain and not as imaginative as that one is. There could be a few out here,
but I haven't really looked. Who knows? Maybe in time, I'll check around. :wink:

As for GLASS, yeah I am thinking we need to see UNBREAKABLE (2000) very soon, as we plan to see GLASS on Thursday. And although I am pretty sure SPLIT (2016) is still fresh in our heads, the first one, not so much.

So, we'll rent, we'll watch...then we'll go and see ...... #3. :smile:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:16 pm

I finally saw Into the Spiderverse. It was an enjoyable movie with some smart humor, but I thought it was a bit overrated considering all the hype it has been receiving.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:28 pm

Just a reminder, and the trailer was a-maze-balls I remember.
Definitely for all those "serious" theme park freeks, like you & moi! :smile:
WonderPark01.jpg
I honestly want to get the 3D Blue Ray DVD of this, when it's released. <drool>

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:51 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I finally saw Into the Spiderverse. It was an enjoyable movie with some smart humor, but I thought it was a bit overrated considering all the hype it has been receiving.

I thought the art style of the film was fantastic. I would love to see lots of animated comic book films in the same style. The plot was fun but nothing revolutionary. By far the best part of the film is Miles' first time flying through NYC, and I wish we would have gotten more scenes as awe-inspiring as that.

The final battle is a bit of a let down- I'm sorta tired of all these super hero movies having final battles where you can't even tell what is really going on. This time they're in a gigantic chamber of sorts that all of a sudden has skyscrapers soaring through it?
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:06 pm

Kinda neat, that two of the movies opening this spring have amusement parks in their plot lines.

DUMBO and WONDER PARK. :airtime: :airtimer:
WonderPark2019.jpg

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:18 pm

^I am PSYCHED for Wonder Park! Literally all of our childhood dreams come true. lol

Since you guys are my fellow thrill-seeking friends who love movies, I wanted to put this here. I am currently in preproduction of the first movie project that I wrote and will be directing. It's a horror thriller short film about a young woman who is home alone taking a bath when she hears an intruder break in downstairs. It should be really scary!

Beyond the Cracks poster 1.jpg

I want to make this film of the highest quality possible because I'll be using it to pitch my next project, a horror FEATURE film, to big genre movie investors. BUT FIRST, I need investors for this project. Please take a look at my Indiegogo campaign I've put together and see if you'd be interested in supporting it! I would truly truly appreciate any kind of contribution from my coaster community!

LEARN MORE ABOUT MY INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:29 pm

^ Holy hell that poster made my heart skip a beat. Can't wait to see the final project!

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:56 pm

^Thanks Josh!!

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random