Movies, Movies, Movies.....

P. 594 - The Lion King Review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Next week for this one. Seen the trailers on big screen. Very enthralling and definitely EPIC!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:20 am

Glad to hear your positive review. I'll check it out sometime next week!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:18 pm

Black Panther was an excellent movie. While Thanos has been receiving a lot of attention online leading up to Infinity War, I was absolutely impressed by Black Panther's main villain. As good as the Marvel movies have been, several of their villains have been one-dimensional/forgettable. Not this one.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Fun Spot America- Kissimmeee & Universal Orlando/Islands of Adventure

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:34 pm

The Shape of Water got the best picture oscar...... YES! =)

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:46 pm

Del Toro totally deserves it. He's been so good for so long with very little recognition.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:44 pm

^ I thought the design AND the score of it was so amazing. Especially the music.
That they both got the Oscars, was perfect satisfaction, to me. The rest was gravy, LOL!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby RCT3Bross » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:18 am

So I wanted to do a double revieuw of the latest two movies I saw.
Tomb Raider: Not bad, not great. I enjoyed myself while watching and it really felt like a video game at times. That said the movie kind of felt generic, there was nothing that wanted me to go and rewatch it. That said if this gets a sequel that focuses on what I hoped it does, I'm going to watch it.

Ready Player One: I had realy a lot of fun watching this. Just the easter eggs in this movie made it do it for me. I'm mixed on the plot. The video game plot I could realy buy it was the real world plot that felt "meh" to me. Still I enjoyed the movie a lot.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Postby jray21 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:21 am

RCT3Bross wrote:So I wanted to do a double revieuw of the latest two movies I saw.
Tomb Raider: Not bad, not great. I enjoyed myself while watching and it really felt like a video game at times. That said the movie kind of felt generic, there was nothing that wanted me to go and rewatch it. That said if this gets a sequel that focuses on what I hoped it does, I'm going to watch it.

Ready Player One: I had realy a lot of fun watching this. Just the easter eggs in this movie made it do it for me. I'm mixed on the plot. The video game plot I could realy buy it was the real world plot that felt "meh" to me. Still I enjoyed the movie a lot.

I haven't seen Ready Player One, but I had similar thoughts on Tomb Raider. It was ok, but nothing great.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:09 pm

One of my guilty pleasure movies is the Room, a movie that's considered by many to be one of the worst films ever produced. For me, it's a film that's so bad, it becomes entertaining. Basically the leading actor (Tommy Wiseau) was such a bad actor that no one would cast him. His solution, create a movie where he's the writer, producer, director, and leading actor. Oh and he fronted it with $10 million dollars from his mysteriously loaded bank account.

I was shocked and excited to learn that Tommy Wiseau reunited with one of the other actors in the Room (Greg Sestero, aka Mark) on a film that released this past weekend, Best F(r)iends. Sestero plays a drifter who is hired by a weird owner of a morgue (Wiseau). I have to admit, this role actually worked for Wiseau. The resulting film is a confusing adventure of friendship, manipulation, and awkwardness, especially awkwardness. But fortunately these awkward moments are hysterical.

Oh and of course they had the balls to follow the Hollywood trend of producing a Part 1 and Part 2. :lol:

If the movie itself wasn't baffling enough on its own, they had not one, not two, but three post credit scenes. They included a trailer for Part 2, a backstage diary of the movie's filming, and then a music video that honestly had me thinking I was on acid.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Fun Spot America- Kissimmeee & Universal Orlando/Islands of Adventure

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Garet » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:09 am

So just saw Infinity War. No spoilers but I really enjoyed it. I’m not one who compares the marvel movies against each other but for the sake of avoiding spoilers I will review it as this I think people who liked civil war/ the airport scene will love this one. I haven’t been a big fan of the whole stone or Thanos thing throughout these movies but I still really enjoyed this. Some things I kind of want to discuss but I will wait until more see it.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random