Elitch Gardens Discussion Thread

Page 36: Meow Wolf's Kaleidoscape
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:30 pm

Um I rode Halfpipe in mid-October during frightfest... So no...

Also you must be kidding about them being smooth vekomas. They are possibly the most evil uncomfortable vekomas anywhere. I was blown away by how smooth Kong at Marine World was compared to Mind Eraser. Also any boomerang that bangs your head around as much as the one at Elitches should be condemned...

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:33 pm

WTF? I was talking about the slide, not Twister II! Why would I ride that?
Disobey

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:28 pm

Those halfpipe slides are fun. There's some airtime if you sit in the back. It is hard though to get yourself started out as you teeter over the edge.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:37 pm

^ Are you talking about the one that's at PGA? OMG that one was AWESOME!!!!

I *flew* so far on that!

I'm hoping we do make it to Denver over Labor Day weekend this year.

--Robb

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:10 am

That would be awsome, but Labor Day weekend it is packed. And if you do come, go to Lagoon.

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:04 pm

Robb: I just checked and Lakeside, Elitches and Waterworld are all open that weekend. Great time to go to Waterworld except that some of the scenery in the rides seems to be worse at the end of the season of course the tradeoff is tiny lines on most rides :D

I've never tried to hit Elitches that weekend and I still haven't been to Lakeside period. Well if it happens I would honestly say plan a day for Waterworld as there are plenty of rides to do. Elitches could probably be done in a partial day as long as it is fairly empty. The real problem with the park is that almost all the rides are limited capacity so they can get very full on big days. Of course that is assuming you don't want to hit the Waterpark. Remember though the Edge might look cool but WaterWorld has the same ride and they have the 3 person tubes which means even higher on the other side :) :shock: (although I guess we probably haven't seen what tubes they will use at Elitches yet...)

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:13 pm

And if you are going to SFEG, email me, and I'll help you with some tips. Because no one likes the 2hour wait for TwisterII!

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:20 pm

Is it really that bad Twister2? I find it kinda hard to imagine that it is quite that painful on Labor Day weekend. I mean school has started for almost everyone and other parks are almost empty...

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:48 pm

robbalvey wrote:^ Are you talking about the one that's at PGA? OMG that one was AWESOME!!!!

I *flew* so far on that!

I'm hoping we do make it to Denver over Labor Day weekend this year.

--Robb

I have yet to still try one of those. The one I rode was the Honolulu Halfpipe at Waterworld Concord. I rode with a larger person and my foot was nearly 1 foot from the edge. They're pretty fun and intimidating as you try to pull yourselves down the drop.

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:26 pm

Just out of curiosity how many of the halfpipe type waterslides let people go backwards? I know that WaterWorld here in CO has pretty much since opening year.

I've always been too wimpy to try it... :oops: Maybe someday...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!