Elitch Gardens Discussion Thread

Page 36: Meow Wolf's Kaleidoscape
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Elitch Gardens Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:57 pm

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Elitch Gardens, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Elitch Gardens.

Elitch Gardens Official Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

March 22, 2005 - New water ride for 2005 season

August 7th, 2006 - Six Flags places Elitch Gardens up for sale

April 10th, 2007 - Ripcurl coming to the Elitch's waterpark

February 8th, 2012 - 2012 announcements made

March 7th, 2014 - Brain Drain announced

May 11th, 2015 - Slidezilla announced for 2015

January 29th, 2017 - Star Flyer announced

August 28th, 2018 - Meow Wolf Kaleidoscape dark ride to open in 2019
December 20th, 2018 - City council approves displacing Elitch Gardens

April 13th, 2019 - Preview of Meow Wolf's Kaleidoscape

Original Post:

Press Release and photos just in from Six Flags Elitch Gardens:

New for 2005 - more entertainment and thrilling "EDGE" water adventure!

DENVER - Guests can live life on the EDGE with the newest extreme water ride coming to Island Kingdom Water Park in Six Flags Elitch Gardens.

Opening in May 2005, EDGE sends water adventurers blasting down more than four stories at a nearly vertical angle. The massive slide gives fearless fun-seekers the thrill of "free falling" before they race up at breath-taking speeds to the edge of the other side. Then, riders plunge back and forth on more than a thousand gallons of swirling water before splashing into the relaxing Castaway Creek.

"We really have the edge on playtime with this new slide," said Tara Tongco, park spokesperson. "This exhilarating attraction and zero-gravity experience makes this downtown Denver oasis even wetter and wilder."

In addition, the park is adding four new shows featuring quality entertainment for the whole family - a children's program, a Broadway-style musical revue, an outdoor street act and a country music bonanza. The live entertainment seeks to provide guests of all ages with continuous fun during their visit to Six Flags Elitch Gardens.

EDGE is the first new water ride to open since the Island Kingdom Water Park was added to Six Flags Elitch Gardens in 1997. Up to three thrill seekers at a time can take a plunge off the EDGE, an invigorating encounter with zero gravity. No two "EDGEperiences" are the same - riders go forward, backward and even sideways. After the heart-pounding thrills, EDGE funnels into Castaway Creek, a meandering lazy river, where guests can relax, soak in the sun and float along the current.

Adding the EDGE to the many slides, rides and attractions already available in the Island Kingdom Water Park solidifies Six Flags Elitch Gardens as an action-packed destination full of cutting-edge fun for everyone.

"After enjoying the EDGE and all the water park attractions, guests can dry off by zooming down on one of the many coasters or taking a spin on one of 20 family rides like the Big Wheel," said Tracy Durham, park marketing director. "By offering two parks for one price, Six Flags Elitch Gardens is an excellent value for the family. And, with the park adding four new shows and more non-stop excitement for 2005, the park is really on the edge of family entertainment."

Guests can get the edge on fun with a 2005 Six Flags Elitch Gardens Season Pass. This year, Season Passes are pushed back to the lowest price in years - only $49.99 each at sixflags.com.

Six Flags Elitch Gardens starts its 2005 season on April 23, and Island Kingdom Water Park opens May 21. The park is located on the edge of downtown Denver off I-25 and Speer Boulevard South. For more information on dates, prices and hours of operation, guests may visit sixflags.com or call 303-595-4386.
elitch1.jpg
"EDGE sends water adventurers blasting down more than four stories at a nearly vertical angle."
elitch2.jpg
"The massive slide gives fearless fun-seekers the thrill of "free falling" before they race up at breath-taking speeds to the edge of the other side."
Last edited by larrygator on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:07 pm.

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:34 pm

Look at the people struggling to carry those massive innertubes up the stairs. That is funny!

-kip-

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:42 pm

They look like some sort of Barca Lounger!!!

Elissa "if you can carry a Tornado Tube, you can manage this one!" Alvey

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:29 pm

That looks awesome! It's kinda like the Wedge at Raging Waters here in SOCAL.
Disobey

Beer Fueled Coaster Riding Machine

Postby Rugged One » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:35 pm

These are fun. I've ridden the Zoomerang at Waterwold and it was one of the better types of new slides out there. First time in 8 years that they've added at new slide to the park? :shock: Well better late than never.

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:13 am

Well originally the park was going to get a Tornado slide, but for some reason cancled. But at least the water park admission is FREE!

If it Wasn't For Cliffs I'd Have to Drive 7 Hours for Wood!!!

Postby crispy » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:26 am

HMM, we may have to plan a trip there

Is the twister coaster there any good?

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:41 am

Why they added that when the same ride is at Waterworld is beyond me... I mean seriously add something unique Six Flags!!!

I'm sorry my bitterness about this is probably getting old. I just don't really understand the logic though.

Twister 2 is pretty fun. Honestly it is bumpy but sad thing is it is still smoother than Boomerang and at times rivals Mind Eraser... Yes Elitches home of the true killer vekomas... Honestly Twister 2 has some fairly fun parts to it and it does give you that kind of out of control feel that a wooden coaster should. I wouldn't ever ride in the back though... :shock:

Oh and Halfpipe is a blast... Assuming they haven't found some way to crap it up over the winter. Of course this is Six Flags... So they might have.

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:03 am

Twister II is the best wooden coaster I've ridden. The back is best for more air time. Front is more for sight see'ers. But usually at the beginning of the year, it runs very very smooth and isnt as bumpy. And they finally got the on ride photo up and going!!!

SFEG has better Vekoma's than what Ive heard about other parks. I have heard that Boomerang there is the smoothest one.

SFEG took off Halfpipes trains off in the beginning of October, with still a month left in park operation. hmmm

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:39 am

My cousin lives out by Elitch Gardens. Maybe I should plan a trip to go out and "see" him.
Brent"loves anything free"Shenton
Disobey

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!