TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights XVI

If you can afford it i would stay at Universal's Royal Pacific. Its the Cheapest of the three Hotels but its my second favorite one there

Regarding the Express Passes...I was at IOA and i stayed at RP and i used my express pass from the hotel with no extra charges.But this was the weekend of the Passholders event for the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride.

ALSO another perk of the On site hotels are the boats which take you back to your hotel which is nice because ALOT of people get drunk at HHN.

I hope some of my rambling help!

thefitness,

the thing is you can now only use the express pass once for each ride,while last year or so you could have use it as much as you wanted...

The price diffrences between off/on site hotel is usually very big and i don't think it worth it really.

I think you might stay off site and purchse an express pass and it will still be cheaper than staying on site.

the only bad thing is the problem of getting to the entrences without your own car,but i guess you can always use Lynx or a cab?!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Post!

OK, I am extremely excited to hear that HHN is coming back to hollywood. I guess they closed it because it wasn't doing well but they must have wised up and taken a good look at Knotts.

I've been to Knotts Scary Farm twice and I must say that it's Excellent! The theming is well done throughout the park and because of its naturally small park size, you get a lot more scares! not to mention the sliders (which I believe knott's invented).

I think that hollywood is the best park to have it at and anyone who has been here would know why. The park and lot are literally built on the side of a huge hill. The "World Famous Studio Tour" lends itself to be extremely terrifying. I can't imagine how scary it would be to ride the tram through a dark studio lot with all the things that go bump in the night. With the extensive use of sets, stages and actors I think hollywood could put up a fight with knotts and even orlando. This is just my opinion however.. Anyone up for a flight to LA

I'm assuming those times are for the "normal" hours

Halloween Horror Hours are 7pm-12 am I think

It has been confirmed that HHN is coming to hollywood

That makes sense. I guess I'm used to the Knott's HH timing propaganda. haha.

I would rather miss HHN than HH.

NO WAY!

can you imagine being on the studio tram at the 'War of the Worlds' wreckage sight and then having one of those Tripods attack the tram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would pay 60$ just to experience that.. if they can somehow bring moviemagic to life and scare the Shi* out of us I am in.

Judging by screamscapes latest post about HHN in hollywood ^ doesnt seem too far fetched.

With the extensive use of sets, stages and actors I think hollywood could put up a fight with knotts and even orlando.

USH doesn't have the resources to match what UO's capable of. The tram tour is about the only advantage... but didn't someone die the last time they used that at HHN?

With the extensive use of sets, stages and actors I think hollywood could put up a fight with knotts and even orlando.

USH doesn't have the resources to match what UO's capable of. The tram tour is about the only advantage... but didn't someone die the last time they used that at HHN?

Ok sorry I'm not trying to be mean but HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

Have you ever been to USH? They make movies there! I am a New York Film Academy student and we are constantly on the back lot filming. They have this huge wardrobe wearhouse with just about every single costume and prop ever used in every movie (including horror movies). There are like a million sound stages and they are enormous, so they will probably be used for one or two mazes. We also have the largest escalator in the USA, I dunno they could do something with that but its pretty awesome.

C'mon man we make movies here, and we dont have the resources? Your USF was modeled after ours...

USO was originally an attempt to bring some filming companies out to Orlando, but that plan never really happened so very few of the soundstages are used at USO.

Back on topic though, Robb, when are you guys gonna announce your plans? Im ready to buy tickets now, but I need to know some dates.

Have you ever been to USH? They make movies there! I am a New York Film Academy student and we are constantly on the back lot filming. They have this huge wardrobe wearhouse with just about every single costume and prop ever used in every movie (including horror movies). There are like a million sound stages and they are enormous, so they will probably be used for one or two mazes. We also have the largest escalator in the USA, I dunno they could do something with that but its pretty awesome.

C'mon man we make movies here, and we dont have the resources? Your USF was modeled after ours...

OMG!!!11 DEY M@KE M0V!ES DERE?!?!?!? DAT' SO K00L!!!1111 ROFLZLOLZ!!!111

Do you actually think it matters how many random props or costumes USH has lying around? Or that they're going to instantly make USH some kind of Halloween utopia? If the rumored number of house(s) I've heard for USH turns out to be true, you're in for a rude awakening.

I'm gonna take a wild guess that USH doesn't have "like a million" soundstages, and that 99.9% of them can't actually be used for HHN anyway, being a busy movie studio and all. But then again, what do I know?

Oh, I almost forgot to ask. What's USH's normal parade route look like? And where is it's lagoon(s) located, in case they want to utilize it (them) for a special show? Where do they usually set their fireworks off from, for said show? Oh... you mean USF wasn't modeled after USH at all? Imagine that. But hey, at least you've got that nifty... uhhm... escalator.

Do you actually think it matters how many random props or costumes USH has lying around? Or that they're going to instantly make USH some kind of Halloween utopia? If the rumored number of house(s) I've heard for USH turns out to be true, you're in for a rude awakening.

I'm gonna take a wild guess that USH doesn't have "like a million" soundstages, and that 99.9% of them can't actually be used for HHN anyway, being a busy movie studio and all. But then again, what do I know?

Oh, I almost forgot to ask. What's USH's normal parade route look like? And where is it's lagoon(s) located, in case they want to utilize it (them) for a special show? Where do they usually set their fireworks off from, for said show? Oh... you mean USF wasn't modeled after USH at all? Imagine that. But hey, at least you've got that nifty... uhhm... escalator.

So whats the "Rumored" number of houses supposed to be, and sources?

There is no competition against USH.. the only thing USF has going for it is its better mummy ride and IOA. Other than that the studio tour pretty much beats anything you can throw at it. The average ride length of any ride in USF is about 4 minutes.. The studio tour is 25 minutes long!!!

If they can somehow haunt the studio tour thats about three or four haunted houses fit into one package right there. They also have 3 sound stages where they do a variety of shows which can be shut down and used for HHN. One show actually describes how they make horror films so its easy to do.

Have you ever been to USH? have you seen it?

I've been to USF and one thing is very apparent FLAT!!!! it's built in a big circle, you better have a lagoon there because there is nothing else to look at. No terrain and no variety.. The thing that makes USH so unique is its location.. its built on two sides of a hill. That means all the back lot locations cannot be seen from each other..

And yea we make movies here DUH! all the props are basically on the lot which makes it easier for Universal to make-up the actors and make huge houses. The reason USF is repeating haunted houses is because its too expensive to continually make new sets for them.

So whats the "Rumored" number of houses supposed to be, and sources?

There is no competition against USH.. the only thing USF has going for it is its better mummy ride and IOA. Other than that the studio tour pretty much beats anything you can throw at it. The average ride length of any ride in USF is about 4 minutes.. The studio tour is 25 minutes long!!!

If they can somehow haunt the studio tour thats about three or four haunted houses fit into one package right there. They also have 3 sound stages where they do a variety of shows which can be shut down and used for HHN. One show actually describes how they make horror films so its easy to do.

Have you ever been to USH? have you seen it?

I've been to USF and one thing is very apparent FLAT!!!! it's built in a big circle, you better have a lagoon there because there is nothing else to look at. No terrain and no variety.. The thing that makes USH so unique is its location.. its built on two sides of a hill. That means all the back lot locations cannot be seen from each other..

And yea we make movies here DUH! all the props are basically on the lot which makes it easier for Universal to make-up the actors and make huge houses. The reason USF is repeating haunted houses is because its too expensive to continually make new sets for them.

Besides the studio tour, what does USH have going for it?? 5 rides. 5. 1 is outdated (BTTF), 1 isn't nearly as good as they advertise(RotM), 2 are more shows than anything (Shrek/T3D), and 1 is quality (JP). What else is there? A couple shows (the better version of one in Florida), a foam ball pit, and a soak zone.

USF is a PARK. USH is a MOVIE STUDIO. End of story. They are different in their own respects. USF has better rides. USH has okay rides, but a great tram tour.

You exaggerated the studio a bit, too. A million soundstages?? 50 max. 1/3 of the stuff on location does not belong to US, but to outside companies filming there. HHN acess to the backlot: limited (if at all besides the tram). Most soundstages are in use, and US cannot take the risk of letting a bunch of teens on the lot, where they can (can, not will) get away somehow, wander on to a closed set (or street), and seriously mess things up. I doubt that would be good for US's great rep in the business, so they won't be taking that chance. If they do, expect limited acess.

That would make security in USF easier for the fact that they have no backlot to protect. They also have more space, and not a really annoying lower and upper level thing. I like the flatness. It's a lot easier to navigate. Now, there is a soundstage on the lower level of the park that has the potential to be used (Special FX show building). But other than that (and a limited use of the backlot), where is the space for such an all-out event that Florida's has.

Expect Haunt to be better than HHN this year for the sole reason that they are not testing the waters. They know what they can and can't do, as they do it every year. USH, on the other hand, hasn't been used for an event like this in years, and as such will be good, but expect the 2007's to be better, as they will have had a trial/error run.

In short, there is really no way to compare USH and USF, as they offer completely different experiences.

Oh, and I hope USF makes fun of Hilary Duff at this sweet 16 party. That would make me very happy.

My God!!!

WHO CARES!!!!!

I could give a rats ass which park has more sound stages, I live down here, so this park is better.

Plus there are 2 reasons FL is better...... Hulk, & DD baby, end of discussion. I realize that they aren't technically in USO but they aren't in Cali, so they count.

This thread isn't supposed to be a pissing contest between the 2 parks, it's supposed to be about HHN 16, am I right??

So on to that , when is everyone going?

Robb, Elissa, any dates yet?

Any one else know when they are going yet? and also will anyone be attending BGT oh, I mean BGA's Howl-O-Scream?? I went to HOS last year along with HHN and I was very impressed with the houses, not so much the scare zones though, they where OK, but not HHN caliber.

So what's up everyone let's get this party started early!!

Details from a recent orientation, including spoilers. These are all tentative details. As you can see, this year's event will be icon-tastic!

Scare Zones:

The Arrival (Battery Park) - Possibly a show

Horror Comes Home (Hollywood Blvd) - HHN's iconic characters will be present

Harvest of the Souls (Kidzone)

Deadtropolis: Zombie Siege (New York) - Bikers could be involved

Nightmare Alley (Production Central, next to Shrek 4-D) - You might find the Crypt Keeper here

Houses:

Dungeon of Terror: Retold (Jaws queue)

People Under The Stairs: Under Construction (Behind MIB) - Supposedly using the same technology as Terror Mines

Psychopath: The Return of Norman Bates (Behind MIB)

Run: Hostile Territory (Earthquake queue) - Eddie's been set loose

Scream House: The Resurrection (SS 23) - Caretaker's back, back again

All Night DrIvE In: Take 2 (SS 23) - More silver screen hijinks with the Director

Psycho Scareapy: Maximum Madness (SS 22) - Jack visits the loony bin

Univesal 360 will be utilized for a show titled "Cut!"

Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure returns to the Fear Factor theater.

Any word on if IOA rides will be involved at all, on peak nights, for crowd control?

I personally like the event better at US, with the exception of the scare zones that they can do in JP, in the jungle.

IMO the first HHN at IOA was the best (for IOA). Keep in mind I don't count the crap-fest that was the Fear Factor house, I'm just trying to pretend it never happened.

P All " C'mon October.......... actually September 29th & 30th!!"

Ive decided this year to buy the frequent fear pass. Its about as expensive as a regular ticket. Im waiting to see what sort of discounts I can get with a Coke can. Last year, we went on a thursday and it saved me $24! If I get a frequent fear pass, I can buy an express pass on the night you guys come down, if you will be coming.

I also plan on attending a few other nights to experience the whole thing, watch the vids in line, and spend some time with some friends coming into town.

Im still undecided as to if I want to go Halloween night. Itll be crowded for sure, but last year on the actual night, I sat around with my gf watching scary movies and waiting for the trick or treaters that never came.

Anyone make any plans yet?

*EDIT*

Just noticed on the site that there is an 'Exclusive' Tour available for groups, which is custom tailored to what you want to see, but includes all houses, the show, and possible rides. This might be an option if a good sized group of us all go one night. I know R&E got the hook ups though haha.