2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

^^^Little by little, it's happening. Slow and steady wins the race!

Dale doesn't look that great (tho she still SOUNDS fantastic)

Well, in all fairness, we all age Some of us just look older as we get older... not everyone can age like Roger Daltrey or Debbie Harry.

similar to Terri Nunn w/Berlin).

Terri used to babysit for my friend Dan, back in the 70s when she was starting out with acting jobs. I've never met her myself, but at a show, she kneeled on the edge of the stage, and wrapped her arms around me for an extended hug during "Take my breath away." That was awesome and weird - as we have the connection - but never met. Guess I was lucky! She/they did an incredible cover of Blondie's "Shayla." I can't find their cover online, but here is a strange mashup:

you can hear Terri under, over and through the original version.

but there kinda has been a resurgence for MP -- no real new music, but tons of import CDs featuring a lot of live performance, cut tracks, and she has a couple of great "covers" CDs out.

I have the Japanese "late nights" cd (with "her ass is hot" written under her picture!) and another mix/rarity cd. I'd like to find some of those live shows, especially from the tours after the first record.

as to the Creatures show. . was that the tour that she and Budgie did as "An Evening with Siouxsie"?

I'm not sure... it was July 1998 at the Metro, here in Chicago. I wasn't familiar with the Creatures' music, only the Banshees. But I still wanted to go see a legend.

Yeah, it was a bit rough if you aren't a Creatures fan, as the only Banshees songs she played were fairly obscure ones

I totally understand that being a big Iggy Pop and Debbie Harry fan. Those "fan shows" are some of the BEST for more hardcore fans, but tough on casual fans. I never need to hear "Heart of Glass" live again.

I took my partner along to that, since he likes a few Siouxsie & the Banshees tracks (mainly "Cities in Dust" and "Kiss them for Me". . and they played neither). . and he was bored.

Yep, that would be me. I remember the "Kiss them" phase from MTV. She really went with the "Cosmopolitan"/glam look for that record. I bet it worked, in terms of sales at least.

YAY for Delaware!!! Now PA needs to get on this action! It looks funny being the eye sore on that above map.

PA will get there... just needs some more time. Meanwhile, they are still the best state for coasters and parks And lots of other cool stuff too! During a PA coaster trip a couple years ago, I got up in the middle of the night and was in front of the tv in a hotel eating UTZ potato chips out of the bag. They were so good, I was in a daze. My friend awoke for a second to say "gimme some of those." We polished off the bad that night. The next day when we read the back of the bag, we found out why they were so good. Gross! PA has lots of cool stuff for sure!

Been re-watching the seasons of the US version of Queer as Folk the last few weeks. Love this show! Brings back memories of when it was first airing and we would all gather at my friend's house or a gay bar and watch the new episodes when they aired. Did anyone else here enjoy this show?

Been re-watching the seasons of the US version of Queer as Folk the last few weeks. Love this show! Brings back memories of when it was first airing and we would all gather at my friend's house or a gay bar and watch the new episodes when they aired. Did anyone else here enjoy this show?

Yes! and we have both sets (UK and USA) of the series, too!

And EDIT to add: Minnesota does it!

I've never watched QAF, but caught a couple episodes of "Nip/Tuck" and think I will start watching that on netflix It's really crazy... oh yeah, but I keep tight of my gay card as I've been watching re-runs of the Golden Girls and Brady Bunch. Good stuff to have on, in the background when working (or on coaster forums!) on the computer.

QAF is such an awesome show!!! I like how it portrays different sides of being gay. There is the promiscuous one, the young kid coming to realize he is gay and wants to experiment, and the ones who are followers but truly just want a relationship. There is also the PFLAG mom who supports her son unconditionally and the parents who have a hard time with their son's coming out.

I've never watched QAF, but caught a couple episodes of "Nip/Tuck" and think I will start watching that on netflix It's really crazy... oh yeah, but I keep tight of my gay card as I've been watching re-runs of the Golden Girls and Brady Bunch. Good stuff to have on, in the background when working (or on coaster forums!) on the computer.

Hello.....you're talking to the proud owner of all seasons of The Golden Girls and The Brady Bunch on DVD. haha!

Also the proud owner of almost all volumes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 on DVD.....*gay nerd*

QAF is such an awesome show!!! I like how it portrays different sides of being gay. There is the promiscuous one, the young kid coming to realize he is gay and wants to experiment, and the ones who are followers but truly just want a relationship. There is also the PFLAG mom who supports her son unconditionally and the parents who have a hard time with their son's coming out.

I agree!! I sort of identified with Justin when the show first aired because I was just coming on to the gay scene and had been hopelessly in love with the first guy I had an experience with, although he was nowhere near the caliber of a Brian Kinney. lol

^^^I've been tempted to buy some Golden Girls and Brady Bunch dvds/blu-rays, but with everything going digital, I'm gonna wait on buying anything I don't have to have. Having the "box" and disc is nice, but the idea of having everything on one machine (playstation, etc.) is even nicer. Thanks to the convenient scrolling menu of Netflix, I've been spoiled. Pulling out a dvd, taking it out of the case, and putting it in the machine seems so old hat! I guess that's the way things are going anyway -> everything digital.

I went through a huge box of VHS tapes the other day. So much coaster stuff! I put a couple aside that I would like to transfer to digital at some point, the rest are trash.

I like how it portrays different sides of being gay. There is the promiscuous one, the young kid coming to realize he is gay and wants to experiment, and the ones who are followers but truly just want a relationship.

Does it portray the coaster nerd that hangs out on coaster forums too much, is a big Schwarzkopf fan, and has been single and celibate for over 3 years, going on lame "coffee dates" continuing a search for the special one? Darn, doesn't cover all of us I guess Joking aside, I know it's a great show.

Wow me too! I started streaming Battlestar Galactica and made it to season 2 before my ADD kicked in and I started reliving my childhood by watching the old 90's cartoon series The X-Men, then I got distracted again and started re-watching another show. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this disorder!

^Funny, I fell asleep watching Battlestar Gallactica on Netflix last night! They have it set up where it automatically goes to the next episode now. I dated a guy years ago who played the hands when you see hands flying the ships from the drivers POV! So when you see those hands, they are actually a kids hands (he was a kid in the 70s when the show was filmed).

^I have nearly 400 things in my Netflix queue. It makes it fun yet crazy for some of us that are more ADD-inclined Haven't even touched most of those, and I start things but don't finish all the time.

I have my Netflix DVD list maxed out at 500 all the time! I watch one and then I add one. I LOVE watching movies A LOT!

Does it portray the coaster nerd that hangs out on coaster forums too much, is a big Schwarzkopf fan, and has been single and celibate for over 3 years, going on lame "coffee dates" continuing a search for the special one? Darn, doesn't cover all of us I guess Joking aside, I know it's a great show.

I am the same way! I just go on these coffee dates waiting to meet someone I really have a deep connection with because I won't settle.

I'm straight myself, but have no problem with people who are not... that's their choice, not mine. As for the amount of LGBT users on here, that's great, especially if someone is being a total @$$hole, and calls this hobby (coaster riding) "gay", as people could always come up with some witty comeback to put them in their place

^Thank you for your support! I'd like to challenge you (in a friendly way) on one thing you said:

that's their choice, not mine.
The challenge would be the question "so when did you make the choice to be heterosexual?"

As for the amount of LGBT users on here, that's great, especially if someone is being a total @$$hole, and calls this hobby (coaster riding) "gay", as people could always come up with some witty comeback to put them in their place

We're everywhere! I think if people are comfortable with the environment (ie 'gay friendly') then more folks are more likely to NOT stay closeted. Which is good, it sucks having to avoid life questions out of fear (like "are you married" or "do you have a girlfriend?").

As for people who call this hobby "gay," how weird would it be to call a hobby "heterosexual" or "straight"? That's lame. The whole "that's so gay" line is dying a slow death. The only people that should be using that line are gay people (and maybe South Park - that is a venue for teasing everything). I would never go around saying "that's so black" - it's not my slang word to use.

Edited by GayCoasterGuy