TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Random PTR: Chuck E Cheese

Carnage

So some friends and I decided to go to Chuck E Cheese last night. On the way I was kind of regreting the choice, thinking that we were going to look really out of place.

Though we ended up having a blast. Luckilly being there in the evening, and on a week night resulted in very few kids being there. Or maybe we just scared them all away.

It was actually pretty cheap too. 38 tokens for $10, and each game was 1 token. They also sold beer, but getting drunk at Chuck E Cheese might be a bit overboard. Plus the place was a bit sketchy.

Here's a bit of a photo TR of our night of fun.

It's all about the games. Take that duck!

There was even a couple coaster games(though ironically both were broken). I barely managed to fit into this one. You can't see but it's actually one of those Cedar Point POV simulators(playing Gemini and Blue Streak).

This was the best game, a giant two person pong game. You can move the padels left and ride, as well as spin them in a full circle.

I even went climbing in the giant tube maze. I was sure it was going to buckle under my weight at any minute.

There was this really messed up blue screen thing.

There was also the creepy robot Chucky. Shortly after this picture was taken it turned to the left and grabbed for my inner thigh.

Chucky at work again.

Who says you're too old for Chuck E Cheese?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Yup. They had a big tube maze with a slide. (that's where that one picture is from).

I was surprised that I actually managed to fit into it. I kind of had to bend around corners to fit through.

Crawling around in it was kind of nerve wracking as you could feel the the structure shift with every move.

Looks awesome! I haven't been to a CECs in like 5 years, back before I went off to pharmacy school. I remember playing in the tubes and ball pit with my little cousins. They still talk about it, and how after I left they made the ball pit smaller.

^ Yeah, but it's probably different when you're there with your son. When you go and it's only you, well then it might look different.

It actually turned out well when we went. Going so late meant we pretty much had the place to ourselves.

Had we gone at like 2pm on a saturday it would have been jammed packed with screaming kids.

Paul,

That looks awesome! We have a Chuck E. Cheese close to Pittsburgh, but you have to have a kid with you to get in. I'm so jealous!

Oh--and thanks....Now Ted will really bug me to ride the coaster simulators at the mall I keep steering him away from! I do let him stand behind the kid riding it and watch though. Talk about creepy...

Hehe, yeah it was funny when we walked in. The guy working the front just kind of stared at us and then asked "Everyone over 18?". We said yes, and he just waved us in.

I'm sure if it was busy they would have turned us away.

^^ OH... Soren....... you are missing out dude!

Now, seriously... Chuck E Cheese is a national franchise place that has a very kid friendly arcade, plus some wannabe audioanimatronic figures that don't quite live up to say, Disney, standards. It's a very popular place for kids birthday parties and most 3-10 year olds around here think it's the greatest place ever!! The only bad thing is you spend $50 and the best prize they can get with their tickets is worth about 50 cents.

They do have a nice program where they give kids free tokens for A's and B's on their report cards, so we are actually heading there next weekend since Sammi got her report card.

Shari "Oh the money we've spent there" Shoufler

I hate how it seems like every arcade has that roller coaster simulator, yet it's always the kiddie version. A few years ago on the boardwalk, I saw an adult sized one that can seat 2 people and had 6 choices (Gemini, Blue Streak, Magnum, Iron Dragon and I think Mean Streak and Raptor). I haven't seen the adult version around since then.

Hehe, yeah it was funny when we walked in. The guy working the front just kind of stared at us and then asked "Everyone over 18?". We said yes, and he just waved us in.

I'm sure if it was busy they would have turned us away.

I think they asked if everyone was over 18 because the rules (at least at my local CEC) is that you have to be 18 to be allowed in without a parent/guardian because they use that kid check system.

I would go to CEC once in a while because the games are so cheap but they have the same video games for the past 10 years. I keep seeing Pump It Up advertised in the commercials for CEC but I have yet to see one. Pump It Up for less than a quarter a game would be great since most arcades charge $0.75 - $1.50 a game.

^^ LOL.... remember having Chuck E Cheese AND Showbiz Pizza Place?? Showbiz bought out Chuck E Cheese, but kept his as the front man 'er...mouse. Guess he made a better spokesman than that Showbiz bear.

Shari "Yes, I have spent way too much time there...." Shoufler