TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Magnum and Millennium Force

If you can get on it twice I recommend riding in the front (you can also ride in the second seat if the line is too long, stadium seating will grant you a similar view) and in the very back of the train. Front for the views and back for pure artime bliss over the top of that drop.

Personally I think the front seat is a waste of time. Cool view, however it totally kills the ride. And the best part of the ride is the drop. Sitting in the back is where it's at, where you get the whiplash coming over the top of the drop.

Everytime I ride I take the farthest back seast that I can grab.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After growing up and being a 'local' for years, whenever I go with my friends, the last ride of our season is on Magnum, surprisingly. I think that if anything, Millennium Force will be your disappointment. If you are expecting a lot of airtime hills like those or the Ride of Steel brothers, then you are going to be in for a surprise. So much of the track and speed is wasted in that huge turnaround on the island. However, Magnum is airtime hill after airtime hill. If you want a good seat on Magnum that gives some good floater airtime and isn't too painful for the average Joe, try the first seat of the back car. That seems to be my favorite because the ejector airtime in 1:3 on Magnum can be pretty painful. All in all, Magnum is out of control fun. It matters what you are looking for in the coasters. If you want airtime vs speed... nostalgia vs new engineering... etc. Have fun though! At any rate, both are EXCELLENT coasters.

My niece rode MF last May at age 9 and loved it, so don't worry about your age.

I love both coasters for different reasons. MF for power and speed. Magnum for air especially in the last row or the ejector row (3rd row of 1st car) with practically no wait.

If you buy on-ride photos Magnum is great also because a family of 4 neatly fits in one picture.

Magnum is just pure fun with friends I can marathon it for a long time but Millenium Force is pure speed after they drop basically which you prefer, personally I love them both.

Also my little brother went on Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, and Magnum at 11 so your fine. My personal favorite is Top Thrill Dragster in the front seat, also I want another rollback I had one on my 2nd ride ever and never got another.

Avoid Mantis if you want to have kids someday...

Ahem, she's a girl!

Ummmm, nah, Austin's just posting under my tag. (This is the REAL JulieWent -- Julie.) Since he's only 10, I don't let him do forums on his own. I know, overprotective mom and all that. But the roller coaster fanatic in this family is definitely a 10 year old boy.

I have tried to convince him that Mantis might not be the best choice, but... some of you might know how hard it is for moms to convince their sons of things???

Anyway, thanks for all the great advice. Austin is having a good time reading your comments and dreaming about his upcoming trip.

Yes, Shep, errr. Ten year olds have them, too (opinions, that is).

Julie

I made my first visit to Cedar Point last year and was very impressed with both Magnum XL and Millennium Force. They were both very enjoyable and both very re-rideable. I have not experienced so much airtime on a steel coaster as on Magnum and the first drop on Millennium Force is awesome. I would certainly recommend you try both coasters during your trip. I wouldn't have thought you would have any problems getting onto either of the coasters

Hey, Austin! Magnum is alot of fun, not as good as Millie in my opinion, but still cool. Millenium is an awesome coaster, you should be fin if you can handle The Hulk. That ride, again, in my opinion, is intense at some points. Millie is really mos intense on the drop, after that it's all the speed that makes the ride. So, you should be fine.

Have a great time!!!

EDIT: And, Julie, you are right. It is hard for my mom to get me to do things lol! Mantis wasn't bad for me. No coaster (with the one exception of Hurricane: Category 5) has ever messed me up. My parents, on the other hand, beg to differ. The good thing is that Mantis has adjustable seats, so you and Austin should both fit fine. The back is probably a little more crushing to the family jewels for older peeps, but not for me

I was 10 years old when MF opened and I had followed the construction pages at cedarpoint.com and eventually rode it that summer. I must say it's a lot of fun and and 10-year-old can easily master it. It's a great first coaster over the 200 foot mark for him I would say, considering the biggest coaster I rode before MF was Montu! So I would just say give it a try, and if he likes that, then he'll love TTD!

Colin C

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, ride Magnum first and then Millenium Force. Magnum usually doesn't have a long line, and it's a great way to warm up to Millenium. I love them both, though I really can't compare them directly. Maggie is the airtime junkie's favorite, the original hypercoaster. Millenium Force is an out-and-out adrenaline rush, the sensation of speed that just doesn't let up. When you hit the brakes, you're still doing 60mph! Also, it is the original giga coaster, and the only one still operating (as well as the tallest CONVENTIONAL coaster). And don't forget the new ride for this year, Skyhawk! Hope you have tons of fun, Austin!

I liked "Millenium Force" when I rode it in 2000, I thought the 1st drop would of been more scary but it was amazing falling at 80% drop The whole ride is one big rush

"Magnum " was great as well, I did not think it was bumpy, loved the turn-around and the 2nd drop towards the lake.

"Mean Streak" was a good woodie, but it needs to have some TLC and those dam brakes removed.