TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pick N Mix Video #1 Contest Top 20!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I PMed robb yesterday... I'm happy to have it here but I figured I would PM because then it doesn't fill up the topic...

Heck if it is here then everyone can have some idea of how much my work sucked...

Of course I have the excuse that I never messed around with this sort of thing ever before...

BTW can we have the new contest start soon? Finals end tomorrow for me and I need something to do...

We want to have the next contest start ASAP, but with us leaving for Japan next Wed it might have to wait until we get back.

Although if we can get some footage together, perhaps it will give everyone something to do over XMAS break! Not making any promises, just understand that if we can't get it going, it's for good reason!

--Robb

We want to have the next contest start ASAP, but with us leaving for Japan next Wed it might have to wait until we get back.

Although if we can get some footage together, perhaps it will give everyone something to do over XMAS break! Not making any promises, just understand that if we can't get it going, it's for good reason!

--Robb

Please Robb... I won't ask Santa for anything else for X-mas...

How about a world premiere clip for the next one? It would be fun

So far, for the ones I've viewed, Jew takes the prize! I was dying during that one, even though I had an idea what his video editing "inspiration" would be.

Wes, yours was pretty cool too, though Premiere transitions don't look too good when used in such low res video. You did a good job of matching the music though, and had a couple of good laughs in it, so good job. You might have taken the contest if you had somehow worked the Wisconsin State Fair, Dio and/or Ron Jeremy into it, though...

I'll be posting critiques of the other ones after I watch them a couple of times.

dt

^ I used Final Cut Pro, and all those transitions were actually effects I created by myself (no automation), but I agree with you. The "freeze on the drop and have little clips push out on you" was something I had in my head for a little while and wanted to try it. I think that one came out okay.

The ending part I literally threw together in about two minute. I just sped up the POV 500%, added motion blur, color corrected it to red, and threw some clips on top. I'm really not pleased with that part. I think it's kind of cheap and if I had the time (or will) to redo the video, that part would be killed.

^Good, yours was the funny comment!!!!

You were actually probably #21. It was a really well done video, and it was between yours and one other for the final spot in our top 20. They were both equal in our eyes, the deciding factor was that you spelled the band name of your song wrong! It was better than flipping a coin!

Seriously, please enter again next time, you were really really close!

They were both equal in our eyes, the deciding factor was that you spelled the band name of your song wrong!

LOL! That's right! There were basically two videos tied for the last one to make the cut and we looked closely at both of them. When we noticed you spelled Nickelback "Nickleback" that was the one little thing that lost it.

The lesson to be learned here...always double check your spelling! Especially when it's for presentation purposes!

--Robb "But yeah, overall your video was very good" Alvey

^ I used Final Cut Pro, and all those transitions were actually effects I created by myself (no automation), but I agree with you. The "freeze on the drop and have little clips push out on you" was something I had in my head for a little while and wanted to try it. I think that one came out okay.

That was a badass idea. In full resolution, it would probably be stunning.

I'm digging the contest entries so far. I'll have more comments for people tomorrow when I'm more awake...

dt

I can't view Joey's video. I can hear the music, but can't see the video.

I'm also curious as to why my video didn't make it (aside from the lift hill footage).

Yeah there is some weird formatting on some of the videos that caused them to fail on multiple of my players. Thankfully I found that VLC seems to play almost everything.

BTW Would it be possible to get some feedback either privately or publically? I know I blew a lot of stuff but I want to know what you think I should focus on... My PM to Robb contained what I thought I did wrong.