TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

11 hours ago, Sportsdude360 said:

I have a question. Here at SFOT our Mr. Freeze now has one train running forward and the other backwards. I was wondering if they were doing the same with SFSTL's Mr. Freeze.

I know for a fact that this was brought up at an event at least 5 years ago, maybe more, so I think it would be well received if the park decided to do it. Having said that, there are some definite management issues going on at the park right now, so this sort of thing is probably low on the radar. I'm guessing trying to share a park president with SFGA is a factor in this. I'll fill you all in when I feel free to do so.

On 7/26/2023 at 10:04 PM, Sportsdude360 said:

I have a question. Here at SFOT our Mr. Freeze now has one train running forward and the other backwards. I was wondering if they were doing the same with SFSTL's Mr. Freeze.

You're mistaken. All I have heard over the years is "It can never be done."

On 7/30/2023 at 1:06 PM, prozach626 said:

You're mistaken. All I have heard over the years is "It can never be done."

I am absolutely not mistaken. I rode the SFOT Mr. Freeze twice a week ago, once forward and once backward. Check out my post on the SFOT thread if you want proof.   

Here is my YouTube vlog.

On 8/2/2023 at 8:53 AM, prozach626 said:

I was curious about the vlog, though. Then, I saw it was 54 minutes and bailed 13 seconds in. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Pretty good video, aside from all that.

Yeah I'd recommend editing down to 20 minutes or less. Not because everyone else publishes vlogs that length and more because there's a reason that tends to be the going length of a vlog.

The more intensive the time investment required to consume a video the fewer people will be willing to invest the time.

It's probably reasonable to assume this plan is always kind of there being floated around by staffers. All the previous rumors of it, including the one where it was on the books before covid killed the plan and caused stuff to go into disarray. I mean, why wouldn't a manager want a (probable) killer attraction like that? Getting it approved or actually doing it is a different story though. I don't think the video (or what was allegedly said off-camera) is any kind of news. I think pretty much everyone WANTS it to be done. Right now the park can't seem to finish a pre-made kiddie coaster (or the infamous carousel). I dunno. At some point it probably will happen though, as something will have to be done about the Boss. I'll be surprised and excited when it does happen some year, but not totally surprised either I suppose just because there has been smoke about it for what, a decade at this point?

In going with what he says about a new ride announcement, I'm curious what flat it will be. Lots of areas for it now, what with all the removals. I'd guess probably where xcalibur was, though what it would be I have not a clue. 

I also heard one of the horses for the carousel is complete.

Is the train track still off? It should be good to go by at least this time next year, if not. Let's just hope they're not refurbishing the rail cars.

On 8/15/2023 at 12:39 PM, SteveStL said:

I found an interesting post on Youtube from a few days ago.

thoughts?

https://youtu.be/m63dlf025Xk

It's been "on the table" for a while but I have no idea what the priority of it is at this point. Like I said above there are some management issues going on. When I can I will fill you in on how badly the park is shooting itself in the foot as far as employees go. Sorry. Not trying to be cryptic just not able to tell the whole story yet as said employee is still involved with the park.

On 8/21/2023 at 3:59 PM, Danrarbc said:

The annual ACE event at the park is Sept 9, there will be a behind the scenes on RR. I won't be there but someone that live in my house will be and will get the scoop on whether or not they will make any attempt to open it this year or not. Management did tell ACE that there have been ongoing "supply chain issues", whether that's genuine or an excuse I have no idea.

I don't think they'd tease an opening date announcement if it wasn't for the current year - it'd otherwise be opening day 2024.

But I could be wrong too it's of course a bit odd to open it with something like 15-20 operating days remaining (presuming the season ends when Fright Fest ends).

17 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

I don't think they'd tease an opening date announcement if it wasn't for the current year - it'd otherwise be opening day 2024.

But I could be wrong too it's of course a bit odd to open it with something like 15-20 operating days remaining (presuming the season ends when Fright Fest ends).

I truly think it's 50/50 whether it opens this year or not at this point. On the one hand, as you say, kind of weird to open it with 27 operating days left (as of this writing); on the other hand FF is by far the highest attendance and biggest money maker of the whole calendar year. And they will be shutting down some of the water rides after Labor Day so could move those ops, if they have enough with most teachers and college kids no longer available, to the new ride. On the other, other hand left hand management has no idea what right hand management is doing on any given day so...........🤷‍♀️

10 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

I truly think it's 50/50 whether it opens this year or not at this point. On the one hand, as you say, kind of weird to open it with 27 operating days left (as of this writing); on the other hand FF is by far the highest attendance and biggest money maker of the whole calendar year. And they will be shutting down some of the water rides after Labor Day so could move those ops, if they have enough with most teachers and college kids no longer available, to the new ride. On the other, other hand left hand management has no idea what right hand management is doing on any given day so...........🤷‍♀️

Considering at least some of the management is shared with Great America it's not a shocker that there's a disconnect.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 9:29 AM, teacherkim said:

Management did tell ACE that there have been ongoing "supply chain issues", whether that's genuine or an excuse I have no idea.

Makes sense. Land clearing and footers are hard to come by right now.

SFSL posted a big pass sale with a pic of the Boss and saying they are making a BIG announcement next week for 2024. 

One would think if it was indeed an RMC announcement for 2024, they'd probably announce closure of the Boss first or the Boss would already be closed? Not sure how that works exactly. 

Seeing the comments on their social media and how folks are taking it to mean it is an RMC Boss announcement, it's going to be funny if it's a flat or something like new Boss trains.