TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

The park did an in-season BTS update. Great demo that the work doesn’t stop after the season begins. They’re re-surfacing midways.IMG_2389.thumb.jpeg.52e52ef73b6150779446a240e0032f7f.jpeg

• Like 1

i saw someone post this on Facebook, they gave a round up of things coming this summer. 

THIS SUMMER AT SIX FLAGS ST LOUIS🎢☀️

🆕❗️COASTERS BREWS & BBQ:  Fridays and Saturdays July 12- August 3rd, the name says it all, Thrills, mouthwatering alcoholic beverages, and homestyle barbecue! More info likely to come out soon 🎢 🍺🍖

🆕❗️ TWO NEW MISS KITTYS SHOWS:
Likely to debut Memorial Day Weekend and run through early August (Pure Speculation based on recent history)  
Boot Scootin Country 👢🤠
Miss Kitty Presents: FOOLS GOLD ⛏️

🆕❗️THE JOKER: CARNIVAL OF CHAOS: 
Coming this summer 
THE JOKER™: Carnival of Chaos is one of the world’s tallest pendulum rides, standing at a staggering 17-stories in the air! Enter his funhouse, if you dare, and be immersed in the sinister world of the Clown Prince. This impressive giant disk reaches speeds of up to 75 miles per hour as it whips back and forth, swinging higher and higher to give riders a jaw-dropping view of the world below them. For even more chaos, the ride spins as it swings, creating a unique thrill experience 🃏🎪

❗️HURRICANE HARBOR :
Open May 25- Labor Day

From pulse-pounding water slides and unforgettable memories to mouth-watering cuisines and an escape from the daily grind, Hurricane Harbor St. Louis has all the adventure you're looking for. 🌋🌴🌊

❗️July 4th Fest:
July 4-6
The park will be decked out in red, white and blue for this Independence Day celebration. Enjoy thrilling rides, music and ice cold Coca-Cola all day and then join us as we light up the sky at night with a spectacular fireworks display set to music.🇺🇸🎆🧨

❗️Grand Ole Carousel:
Opening 2024 Season
After years of extensive refurbishment, the historical Philadelphia Toboggan Carousel 35 will reopen with newly redone horses and an enclosed building architecturally inspired by Medieval Rome. 🎠🏰

❗️Cotton Candy Factory North:
Opening Summer 2024
Located across from Sky Screamer and Adjacent to Boomerang, the new location brings more dining brings another option to the North part of the park, which lacks Dining locations. Cotton Candy, Pretzels, Popcorn, Nachos, ICEE, and Coca Cola Soft Drinks will be served! 🥨🍭🍿

Which one are you most excited for?

• Like 1

I will be excited to see the carousel after getting the demo of how the refurbishment works back in Sept 2020, not to mention the historical importance of it and several of my friends from back when I owned horses and did equestrian competitions very much want to come and see the completed carousel.

BUT...........overall I think it is super that they are FINALLY getting better about promoting things. One festival and a couple new shows may not seem like a big deal to most enthusiasts but for locals that seldom go to other parks it will be nice. Particularly, for non riding parents and grandparents that are hanging out with kids all day. Hopefully, they continue to promote things, so far even minor improvements have been met with mostly positive feedback on social media. People just like to know things are happening.

It will be interesting to see how quickly they get Joker up and operating since they are promoting it as this summer. I mean, I can't ride it but it will be popular and that corner of the park will be looking pretty good now.

Honestly glad they noticed it. They did exactly what they said they should.

The bigger issue was not making sure it was secured on the ride platform.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 1:32 PM, Danrarbc said:

Funny part of that old looper is it took Indiana Beach nearly 3 years to install a PORTABLE coaster.

I think you're being serious, but I can't tell.

Hopefully, they will keep up steady progress on it. I honestly don't think most people will be that upset if it opens late summer or even in time for FF as long as they see that something is happening and it doesn't stall at some point.

From what I have read I believe, these type of rides are custom made. Great America's was built first and ours was next. I would expect as soon as it is on site it would be up within a few days. Longest part to build might be the Fun House. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

From what I have read I believe, these type of rides are custom made. Great America's was built first and ours was next. I would expect as soon as it is on site it would be up within a few days. Longest part to build might be the Fun House. 

It depends on how the Fun House is designed.

The building should be simple - a prefab steel structure. If they have the components that go inside somewhere pre-built then they can move those in and install them fairly quickly. 

Am I the only one who sees the irony in digital menus at the 1904 Hotdog location?

If anyone hasn't been to Grafton, IL to ride the Alpine coaster, it may be worth it. You have to take a chairlift to the top. You can eat at the winery with a fantastic view and typically live music.

Our four-year-old-daughter didn't want to ride the alpine coaster. I made her, despite my wife being reluctant. She loved it and wanted to ride two more times after that. It wasn't a cheap day, but oh well.

10 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Am I the only one who sees the irony in digital menus at the 1904 Hotdog location?

If anyone hasn't been to Grafton, IL to ride the Alpine coaster, it may be worth it. You have to take a chairlift to the top. You can eat at the winery with a fantastic view and typically live music.

Our four-year-old-daughter didn't want to ride the alpine coaster. I made her, despite my wife being reluctant. She loved it and wanted to ride two more times after that. It wasn't a cheap day, but oh well.

My wife and I went there and had the same experience as you basically.  Tip for ya, in the off months there (Winter/early spring) they sometimes do offer a deal that is $35 per person, and you can ride the coaster all day.  I think my wife and I did 12 rides before my back said no more... you are old!

• Like 1

Back in 2020/2021 there was talks from the park that was even on the news that they were restoring the Bat Mobile and it was bringing brought back to the que line where they recently redid the Bat logo. Is that not happening anymore?

Considering the work was being done I can't see them throwing it away by just stopping the process and abandoning the project.

But yeah it's definitely not there.

^ yup. . it goes up fast, once they start.

I didnt' realize it's an exact clone of SFFT's -  right down to the LED colors and the funhouse, AND the name. . . . but it's a great ride, so y'all will love it.

• Like 1