TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

The Fioraono GT Challenge coaster is funky looking ride with all the unbanked turns and the height of the track that never goes over what looks like 30 feet or so. I hope its a fun coaster, it looks like or could be really fun or really lame.

This really is a cool project, the whole concept of the park. It's like an amusement park that isnt really an amusement park. I mean even though it has coasters and a log flume and a drop tower the place looks more like a mall or a cool museum than a traditional theme park. Even the traditional attractions are a bit quirky, a log flume through an engine block, a flat un-banked dueling racing coaster, a super fast coaster with a relatively uninteresting layout, and a tower ride through the roof. A very unique project at least and I cant wait to see more about the place.

Well, the damn Sheik prevented me from making it there. DubaiDave said that on opening day, the place was a ghost town. All gates closed, nobody there, didn't even sound like a sign was up. And their website hadn't been updated.

Plus, according to Dave, Formula Rossa had a cable sensor problem media night, and only launched about 5 times, which is what I had feared all along. So, even had they opened on opening day, FR may have been SBNO.

I sense something else going on here, but who knows. NOthing else was closed in Dubai. Wild Wadi was open to light crowds, and incredible rides (report soon).

Sony Republic was open. So something just seemed fishy. Imagine on Dragster's opening day, and Cedar Point just barricaded off the island, with no sign, no person, nothing.

I'm really bummed for sure, especially the unbelievable timing. Literally hours before their opening, they decide (or were told) to not open, and just turn everyone away at the gate, except the few media who went the early day that was just announced a few weeks ago. Then the star attraction hardly runs.

ROugh start for the park. We'll see how it continues. Even with the not getting to ride, I still don't know if I'd want to do another trip, even if that meant I could go. Saudi Arabia sucks, basically.

So, no ACE article from me any time soon.

-RO

^^According to the website, the park will open on 4th November at 12 noon.

^There will be a number of reasons for the use of lapbars. Passenger comfort and safety is just one, but other factors such as the physics involved in the ride itself, the cost, reccomendation from the designers/manufacturers/consultants, and so forth will result in a decison as to what restraint sytem is used and why.

The question I have is why did Intamin choose to use lapbars instead of the OTSR's like on Kingda Ka and I-305?

I'm guessing because Formula Rossa isn't located in sue-happy America.

Also the lack of fat people...

Actually Saudi Arabia has a higher proportion of obese people than the USA.

Surprisingly (at least in 2007) the USA came only 4th in world obesity rankings. Saudi Arabia was 3rd.

But yeah, Abu Dhabi isn't in Saudi Arabia lol.

Even with the not getting to ride, I still don't know if I'd want to do another trip, even if that meant I could go. Saudi Arabia sucks, basically.

Er, Abu Dhabi isn't in Saudi Arabia?

Thanks for that, Captain Obvious. I'm well aware of what country it's in. HOwever, my job takes me to Suadi, not UAE.

-RO

Even with the not getting to ride, I still don't know if I'd want to do another trip, even if that meant I could go. Saudi Arabia sucks, basically.

Er, Abu Dhabi isn't in Saudi Arabia?

Thanks for that, Captain Obvious. I'm well aware of what country it's in. HOwever, my job takes me to Suadi, not UAE.

-RO

My pleasure Veryseriousman.