TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Madonna's New Album - Confessions On A Dancefloor

live2tell75

-Hey Mr. DJ, put a record on...

... I wanna dance with my baby

Madonna goes back to her dance club roots! If you want to hear a body-thumping-movin' dance album then check out the queen of re-invention's new album "Confessions On A Dancefloor". The new album features the new hit single "Hung Up" and 11 other hot tracks. The album goes on sale today in North America. At Best Buy, Circuit City, and Targets (at least the ones on the east coast) the CD is on sale for only $9.99! Or get it on Itunes for $9.99 and you get a bonus track! So get "into the groove" and get Confessions On A Dancefloor! You'll be glad you did!

-Eric

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Madonna, did anyone see the MTV EMA awards when Borat (aka Sascha Baron Cohen) called her a he.

"The singer before me - who was he? It was very courageous of MTV to start the show with a genuine transvestite."

I love Borat.

Borat rocks man!! I have all the seasons of Ali G on dvd. One of the things about Sascha is the fact he (in real life) is a really quiet,reserved person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borat

On "Confessions On The Dance Floor", it isnt too bad. I got it on itunes and I was pretty impressed with the whole album. Seeing she finally has (some) direction with life and career, this new cd exhibits both maturity and refinement in her sound and lyric.

Lastly, the EMAs have always felt like a more well put together event for the fans of music than the US VMAs, which has become a circus for gold-toothed,wannabe g's and their entourages. They have this energy that vibrates both through the crowd and the TV as well

At 3:30am, when iTunes put the CD up for sale, I purchased it 8). I'm a big dance music fan so I definitely like the direction of this album. Not all the songs are good, but it has a few great ones. My two favorites, thus far, are Isaac and Sorry. No surprises here, I acquired the album two weeks ago; but it was only 80 bit rate . I was pretty familiar with the songs when I bought it off iTunes. Good to have a better quality copy.

She does look good.

I caught her movie on MTV the other week to see what her set looked like -- whoah -- death trap stage --- but I loved it.

I don't think this album will sell very well, nor is that probably her intention -- I think its more of an excuse for another lucrative tour (last years was good to her I hear).

We'll see.

I must be getting older and wiser. Prince, U2, Madonna -- they are loosing their 'magic' for me

And someone mentioned SBC -- yah, they have worked together in the past.

I bought the album on iTunes and it's great! Really well produced. Sorry is my favorite track. Did anybody see the launchparty in London live on AOL music a couple of nights ago? ^^^BTW I'm not gay

PS Sacha Baren Cohen is a legend. He's been on our TV's over here with Ali G, Borat for about 8 years. Anybody seen the Ali G episode where he is at the Adult entertainment show in the South of France? It's such a funny sketch

When I was in Amsterdam, they were already playing her video from the album in a few bars, gay and non- ... not to mention the music itself came and went thru a lot of places (like some coffee shops) there.

So Europe is already playing it, I betcha. And Mrs.Ritchie is playing smart and closer to home, I'm thinking.

Smart momma.

I think the new album is fun and good one to listen when working out or driving in the car. Right now my fav. tracks have to be Hung Up, How High and Jump. I really like Isaak a lot. But it changes everytime I listen to the album. Right now my least fav track is I Love New York but talk to me in a year and it might be my fav. Overall I think the album is good for now and mixes an old 80's sound with a current sound. I don't think this album is a timeless Madonna album. I don't think ten years from now it will stand out as my fav M album. But I still love it. My fav albums are still Ray of Light and Like A Prayer. Recently I love the songs "Paradise (Not For Me)" from the "Music" album and "Nothing Fails", "Intervention" and "Mother And Father" from American Life. They are all my fav Madonna songs from the last 5 years.

Here are my top Madonna songs/albums/videos of all time. (today at least)

What are everyone else's top picks?

Albums:

5. American Life

4. Erotica

3. Music

2. Like A Prayer

1. Ray Of Light

Songs:

5. Open Your Heart / Music (Tie)

4. Like A Prayer / Rain (Tie)

3. Frozen

2. Into The Groove

1. Live To Tell (If you didn't figure it from my screename

Videos:

5. The Power of Good-bye

4. Oh Father

3. Bad Girl / Bedtime Story (Tie)

2. Rain

1. Frozen

I'll go ahead and post here...

So last week while I was in Vegas I got my first listen to the new song "Hung Up". Not bad, not at all great. But my girlfriend hinted that she wanted the album. So I went on iTunes when I got home and pre-ordered it. So last night I finally had the time and got the album and decided to see what all the hype was about.

I DON'T GET IT!!!!!!

This is the most over-hyped piece of crap I've ever heard in my life. Now, I'm not a huge Madonna fan... but I do have albums like Erotica and True Blue. Those were good albums. But the whole "Oh my god, Madonna's reinvented herself... blah blah blah"... it's all crap. The music is mediocre at best... and Madonna herself? She looks SCARY! Seriously... what the hell happened there. Sure she has an amazing body for her age... but her face... so scary.

So yeah... I don't get the whole "Amazing album" type of talk. It's really not THAT good. But that's just me.