TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I always have a bottle of water with me coming into the park. Always. They have never given me crap over it. I've even gotten them refilled with ice water. I usually keep a Milo in my purse and the guy with the wooden spoon has never said anything about it. Our niece came with us last time and brought her water bottle and had it refilled with water no prob.

I think it's policy that only one small water bottle can be allowed, so that's why they don't give you crap about it.

I always have a bottle of water with me coming into the park. Always. They have never given me crap over it. I've even gotten them refilled with ice water. I usually keep a Milo in my purse and the guy with the wooden spoon has never said anything about it. Our niece came with us last time and brought her water bottle and had it refilled with water no prob.

I think it's policy that only one small water bottle can be allowed, so that's why they don't give you crap about it.

It is.

What if were overthinking it and we may just be getting a indoor wild mouse and skyscreamer, judge Roy scream, and some other rides will be getting reversed cycles/trains.

That's why I'm not going to try and speculate past some sort of indoor dark ride.

Sorry to interrupt a thread I'm not usually in, but I may have a chance to be in this park tomorrow afternoon/evening. Just looking for any gotcha's or things to be aware of at this park vs. other Six Flags properties/other parks. Goals would be TNTG, Titan, Shockwave, and Judge Roy. Anything else is bonus. Arrival time is likely between 5 and 7pm - in town for work, but not sure when our shoot wraps exactly.

I'm assuming a Tuesday night in mid/late summer will work in our favor a bit. Thanks for any insight anyone has.

Jay

Sorry to interrupt a thread I'm not usually in, but I may have a chance to be in this park tomorrow afternoon/evening. Just looking for any gotcha's or things to be aware of at this park vs. other Six Flags properties/other parks. Goals would be NTAG, Titan, Shockwave, and Judge Roy. Anything else is bonus. Arrival time is likely between 5 and 7pm - in town for work, but not sure when our shoot wraps exactly.

I'm assuming a Tuesday night in mid/late summer will work in our favor a bit. Thanks for any insight anyone has.

Jay

You are correct! Tuesdays in the dead of summer are usually quite slow. NTAG and Titan are on the same side of the park. Titan is rarely more than a 5-10 wait unless NTAG is closed. NTAG itself is rarely more than 15. You can look at the NTAG line while you're headed to Titan--if you can see the end of the line in the "holding pen," it's not long at all. Titan almost never backs up into its downstairs queue house on weekdays.

I haven't seen JRS as a weekday non-walk-on in years. Usually all the rerides you can stand, especially if they haven't taken the second train off. Shockwave is similar, though slightly more popular because it's easier to find. The JRS entrance is tucked behind Sky Screamer and the kids section. Try not to be sad if you encounter downtime on these oldies--last time I was there, Shockwave got stuck on the lift around 18:00 and was down the rest of the day.

Mr. Freeze has been quite easy to repeat lately as well, with more people drawn to its neighbor, backwards Batman. If Freeze is running two trains, which it should be until about 21:00, it should be almost a walk on. Don't be alarmed by people waiting at the line split--the gates only hold 1-2 train loads at a time.

If you want to get on La Vibora, use the single rider line at the end of the station house, near the pirate ship exit. Same with Pandemonium, at the bottom of the stairs across from the midway games.

Edited by PhilNotPhil

Loving that part of backwards Batman! I much prefer Freeze over Batman in any direction! It's been nice!

On another note. Anybody hear about the latest rumor circulating about a Roaring Rapids demise due to discovered structural issues after they drained the water for the new ride?

I would like to thank everyone who commented on my water bottle question and now I have another question..this time regarding the ERT event being held this sunday.

It says we can get wristbands at the designated table two hours before the park closes.....Does anyone know where this table is located, I really don't want to wander throughout the entire park to find it.

Oh and I guess while I am at it I might as well throw out another question....we will be in Arlington for saturday,sunday and monday before heading up to San Antonio to ride more RMC hotness in Iron Rattler. Saturday and Sunday I know will be pretty packed but I have been debating about Monday whether to hit the park again or head over to Dallas to take in the sights and sounds there ( Dallas World Aquarium ) but something tells me that Monday might be the best day of the three crowdwise....can anyone back up my suspiscions?

The rumor I I heard was that they discovered structural damage to Roaring Rapids that is over budget to repair, after draining it for the new attraction's construction. It is rumored that it could mean its demise. Wondered if anyone else got wind of this. Here are some pictures I took of progress from the tower last night. They had both levels open.

image.thumb.jpg.c4cea90a72df8cea9b96044b47911b7b.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.600640db239a3121659a77370409f8b8.jpg

Considering the rumor of the "Dark Knight" themed ride... I say this picture has something to do with the Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises. Cat woman anyone?

Or this could totally not be related to the new ride at all and they're teasing about something related to fright fest lol

Considering the rumor of the "Dark Knight" themed ride... I say this picture has something to do with the Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises. Cat woman anyone?

Or this could totally not be related to the new ride at all and they're teasing about something related to fright fest lol

Oooooooo! Scary cat sauna!

It sends chills up my spine!

Didn't they use the Adventure Theater as a Zombie Maze/Attraction during Fright Fest? I hope they aren't teasing us for a new Fright Fest maze.