TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I cant see them installing a wooden coaster let along one with a loop. I though its was a bit odd that the survey listed a wooden coaster and had, with a loop in in quotations. Where would they put one since wooden coasters do take up a lot of space unless they are planning on removing Judge Roy Scream, which I dout that would happen but the ride is rough and pretty much always a walk on.

I cant see them installing a wooden coaster let along one with a loop. I though its was a bit odd that the survey listed a wooden coaster and had, with a loop in in quotations. Where would they put one since wooden coasters do take up a lot of space unless they are planning on removing Judge Roy Scream, which I dout that would happen but the ride is rough and pretty much always a walk on.

I've been saying for the longest that they should remove the Judge and replace it with something better. JRS is the fist wooden coaster ever built at SFOT, it's over 30 years old. A far better coaster could be built on the land JRS is taking up. What's more, the entry lake is the most scenic location in the park. It could be used for an awesome new coaster.

^ Not sure if the surveys actually mean anything. Or if they actually take in consideration the answers. They did ask what a theme for the wooden with a loop. As well as suggestion for future expansions. Of coarse I typed in a very lenthy essay on what direction I felt the park should go.

^ no but the survey did ask about the next attraction and asked a lot about an iron man theme and a wooden coaster with a loop.

I thought that Iron Man is from marvel, I Don't know if Something got changed around with Both D.C and Marvel, But if I remember Correctly, Six Flags host D.C Heros

A Loop on a woodie sounds interesting, but what manufacture would pull it off?

if this is real I have no idea why they would have anything to do with any marvel characters?????

A Loop on a woodie sounds interesting, but what manufacture would pull it off?

Nobody would pull off another looping wooden coaster after what happened with Son of Beast at Kings Island resulting in the loss of the loop and leaving it for dead!

Exactly what I meant, not even RMC would consider making a loop since it's a High g element. RMC element uses low g's

Any chance the survey uses the word 'loop' as a more GP-ish word for inversion? Every time I go to Six Flags or some park, the GP says something along the lines of, "Look at that loop," to where I think, "Nonsense! That is a corkscrew/zero-g-roll/etc." if that's the case, this 'loop' could be anything including a RMC inversion, but if they mean 'loop' as we know it, then it actually means a vertical loop. Otherwise, it seems to me that they could be trying to appeal to the GP that take the surveys.

I wouldn't mind seeing a barrel roll on NTAG, but not a loop. I don't think a loop would make NTAG a better ride. I rode Son of Beast at KI back when it first opened and the loop was definitely nothing special. Neither was the rest of the ride, but that's another story.

Any chance the survey uses the word 'loop' as a more GP-ish word for inversion? Every time I go to Six Flags or some park, the GP says something along the lines of, "Look at that loop," to where I think, "Nonsense! That is a corkscrew/zero-g-roll/etc." if that's the case, this 'loop' could be anything including a RMC inversion, but if they mean 'loop' as we know it, then it actually means a vertical loop. Otherwise, it seems to me that they could be trying to appeal to the GP that take the surveys.

That's probably what they meant since loop means up side down to the GP.

My apt is less than a mile away from the park so I've been able to see he testing of skyscreamer, its the most unusual testing I have seen. There has not been any rotation just levitation and stopping in various spots and remaining there for hours at a tome.

My apt is less than a mile away from the park so I've been able to see he testing of skyscreamer, its the most unusual testing I have seen. There has not been any rotation just levitation and stopping in various spots and remaining there for hours at a tome.

Think you'll have enough courage to ride? Most of my friends say they are too scared to get on this thing, looks like I may have to go it alone.

You know every time someone comes over too visit, they see it and say no way. That its too extreme because of the chair and chains. Ive even had a friend say there no way she will ride it because they built it too fast it should take a year to build like the NTAG. Im gonna get on, but i will be sweating, until I get comfortable.

Just got a Six Flags Over Texas newsletter. Nothing too special. Except I noticed that on the calendar, it shows that Thursday, May 23 will be preview day of Texas Sky Screamer for Gold Pass Season Ticket holders only from 2-6pm. I knew purchasing a Gold Pass this year was a worthwhile investment! You can count me in for being there at 2:00.

Just got a Six Flags Over Texas newsletter. Nothing too special. Except I noticed that on the calendar, it shows that Thursday, May 23 will be preview day of Texas Sky Screamer for Gold Pass Season Ticket holders only from 2-6pm. I knew purchasing a Gold Pass this year was a worthwhile investment! You can count me in for being there at 2:00.

I see where it says TX Skyscreamer Gold Pass preview, but I don't see the 2-6 times that you listed. Is the park really allowing Gold Pass members to ride it that day?