TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Nrthwnd said:

You used to be able to do that. But not anymore. Except still showing that you deleted "something." šŸ‘»

Lets pretend we don't know what the "old forum" is and stop aging ourselvesĀ šŸ˜

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Comeagain? said:

Hershend knows how to develop, build, and operate major attractions that don't have major population centers nearby or need to all more people from outside the immediate area. Looking at what Dollywood's recently completed and what they've got planned, Hershend has plenty of money to spend on new attractions, lodging, that sort of thing. Major expansion is expensive and risky, and Hershend is large enough to take on a lot more of that risk than a single owner. And they have a lot more experience in some of those things that Silverwood needs to do to really expand (winter/holiday events, lodging/hotels, large new areas). Could've been interesting to see what would happen.

I totally agree and I'm interested to see what they will do with Kentucky Kingdom now. I think this could be a very positive thing for Louisville in a few years as long as they can put up with dealing with the Fair Board.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite all that's going on, the park made their annual donation to Children's Village again this year!

https://cdapress.com/news/2021/nov/13/it-takes-theme-park/Ā 

This year it was $100,000 donated, bringing their total donation over the last decade to over $1 million! Congratulations to the park and the Norton family, and I'm glad that they continue to be a big part of the community.

Other thing that I thought was interesting was that they share that the park had a record year, with attendance of 803,000! I don't know by how much this was an increase of (last I heard the record was just shy of 700,000, but that was a couple years ago), but I hope this encourages them to continue making large investments. They also said that Scarywood had record attendance, but they didn't give a figure. They are already selling season passes this year (with a price increase of course), so I don't expect too much new for next year but I guess we'll see, if they make any minor changes.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The park confirmed today that both Tremors and Timber Terror are receiving a good chunk of retracking this offseason! Someone posted some drone footage (taken with the park's permission) of the work going on, and the park confirmed it today with some pictures of their own! Here is the full video (whoa that's cool the whole video randomly appeared when I put the link in!) and some screenshots from the Reddit footage:

839941435_Screenshot(62).thumb.png.e8d5e70de202adc4bbf5c2db13c33ded.png)

215438541_Screenshot(58).thumb.png.47378bf9679722266a90b718d4603fe1.png

1981896844_Screenshot(59).thumb.png.e277dd6ba969ed66dfebaeeee3c3a6f9.png

795390033_Screenshot(50).thumb.png.7640d58968c467b4418babb44fad4444.png

The park did confirm that at least some of the new track is more RMC 208 RetraK, identical to what was added to Tremors last season. This is consistent with earlier rumors that the airtime hill following the warped helix on Tremors would receive RetraK this offseason, which is the portion of Tremors that is being redone. So when there done, the RetraK will extend from the second tunnel, all the way to the beginning of the far turn by Stunt Pilot. The RetraK that they already put on the helix is fantastic and that hill had a significant amount of jack hammering last season, so I am very happy that that it is getting fixed! The Reddit poster also claimed that Tremors' final break run was damaged last season and that's why it's being replaced, so no two train ops sadly...

Timber Terror is a bit more ambiguous. The park didn't confirm whether it also would receive RetraK as well or not, but according to the Reddit poster it is... The work is being done on the far turn around, which I didn't think was all that bad last season, and it's really tough to tell from the pictures so we shall have to wait and see. I personally think that if any part of TT deserves RetraK it's the back part of the final helix, but if the far turn needs it too than I'll take it!

Either way, I am definitely excited for both rides, and really happy the the park continues to take care of and invest in both rides!

It's hard to tell from the pictures and video, but it doesn't look like anything else interesting is going on! Only 3 months till opening day!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Confirmed: Both Tremors AND Timber Terror are receiving 208 ReTraK this off-season!

Doesn't look like any profiling changes are happening, just the track replacement. Really looking forward to this, as the ReTraK on Tremors made a world of a difference on the helix. Should be good!

Oh...and Stunt Pilot is getting a new shade structure for it's queue...maybe? (Whoot! Whoot!)

Didn't post it, but the park previously announced that they have hired a couple from Nashville to re-do the train show this year, which is really exciting! They also will have a new show in the High Moon Saloon this year, which should be fun!

Only 24 days left till opening day!

Edited by swfan1988
Fixed an important distinction...
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey Everyone!

My home park's discussion thread has been pretty quiet now for awhile...I've been meaning to post updates over the last couple years however my busy schedule has not permitted it. However, while not a whole lot has changed inside the park since Stunt Pilot in 2021 a lot is changing for Boulder Beach in 2024!

Today the park announced a whole new area coming next year, Emerald Forest!

https://www.facebook.com/silverwoodthemepark/videos/693032702687348/

https://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/rides/emerald-forest.php?fbclid=IwAR34KQY3V1htwDTyoetsN9xptMm7kR1UM00O0nORP-jPufQ6IRLIof3YWRQ

They have been working on construction behind the water park since the end of last season, and it's cool to see it finally being confirmed!

The $15 million expansion consists of:Ā 

- Eagle Hunt, the PNW's only water coaster, the first duelling water coaster in the west, and the longest water coaster in the US at 925 feet! (No, I don't consider it a new credit!Ā šŸ˜‚)

image.png.69a954d1371ba2c27ceca56347d075a1.png

-Salmon Run, a new kids area with 8 different slides

image.png.942ef9b3e0aefcb8bd07d36ecb108f89.png

-Rapids Grill, a massive new food pavilion for the waterpark, as well as an additional restroom facility

image.png.1d38bc5b0d185b2bd4c4899a6af80b5c.png

- A new series of individual private cabanas, as well as some new larger cabanas for bigger groups. These cabanas will offer similar service to those on Cabana Island by the wave pools.

While I am really excited for Eagle Hunt adding some unique modern thrills to Boulder Beach, and I appreciate the expanded food capacity of Rapids Grill I'm most excited for what I think this announcement means for the parks future. This expansion is the biggest single expansion to the park since I started visiting over 10 years ago, and the fact that they are willing and able to commit to such an expansion of this scale financially and ambitiously makes me super thrilled for the future of the park. It says to me that they are committed to growth, and brining new more modern attractions and experiences to the park rather than just relying on the success of the past. I'm really looking forward to 2024 at Silverwood!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully will be hitting the park tomorrow, first time in 10 years! How busy is the park for labor day weekend? I know Sunday of labor day is usually one of the busiest days at a many parks but hoping lines won't be too bad. Any tips or tricks? I'm hearing arive by 10:30 or earlier and book it to the water park to knock out some of the larger slides before they get crazy lines.Ā