TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fantasy Island and Empire Adventures Inc.

It may not be super creative but it’ll be sure to quickly pop up in google searches when people search “Niagara Falls.”  

Still shocked this is happening again and it’s the same company saving these parks.  Good luck to them and I hope it’s successful and they’re not biting off more than they can chew too quickly. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome news.  I knew it would end up at one of the Gene Staples-owned parks, and didn't really see where it could possibly fit at Indiana Beach or Clementon (even though I would love having another Schwarzkopf so close).

Niagara Amusement Park & Splash World has announced that the Schwarzkopf shuttle loop coaster (believed to be the former Cascabel 2.0 from La Feria Chapultepec Magico and before that, Laser Loop at Kennywood) will begin construction soon!

FLKnJKJX0Agxx-N.jpeg

FLKnJKHXwAMMVbC.jpeg

FLKnJKHXoA0gyQj.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haymaker said:

And the official announcement:

Screenshot_20220209-102337_Chrome.jpg

img_1_1644420232371.jpg

img_2_1644420245438.jpg

img_3_1644420259315.jpg

This is awesome news! I can't believe a Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop will be operating at Niagara Amusement Park! I love it how Gene Staples will be incorporating older, classic rides into the park! Hopefully I'll be able to cross the border once again sometime this year to finally be able to ride not only a Schwarzkopf roller coaster, but a Shuttle Loop coaster! I'm excited about the new future of this park! :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.wivb.com/community/things-to-do-buffalo/niagara-amusement-park-and-splash-world-opening-memorial-day-weekend/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=socialflow

GRAND ISLAND, N.Y. (WIVB) — Fantasy Island fans are in luck: the new amusement park taking its place officially has an opening date.

It all starts Memorial Day weekend with the opening of the water park and kiddie park.

Niagara Amusement Park and Splash World opened briefly last year but hasn’t had a full summer run.

The rest of the park will be opening in phases after the initial Memorial Day opening.

“Frankly it’s great. It’s been part of Grand Island for over 50 years and to see it fall into complete disrepair and being vandalized was really heartbreaking and now with it coming back to life it’s a renewal, it’s a rejuvenation and we’re very happy to see they’re taking their time and investing their energies into making this come back to fruition,” said Grand Island town supervisor John Whitney.

He said the park will have the old charm of Fantasy Island with brand new rides and attractions.

“I know they want to do a family-oriented amusement park and they are obviously keeping the water park attractions there. They’re working to get the wave pool that has not happened as of yet, they need some nicer weather for that because they have to do some concrete work.”

He also said they’re hoping to work with local vendors to put food and gift shops inside the park.

Construction is starting up again and people will start to see a lot more activity in the coming months.

“I expect they’ll start constructing the rides, making repairs to the areas that were damaged by vandalism, and when they took the rides out they were not very kind they just kind of ripped and pulled and a lot of things got destroyed by heavy equipment running over paths that weren’t really built for it.”

The park will offer season passes, but prices haven’t been released yet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any news on the rides being refurbished at Niagara Amusement Park and Splash World!?  We don't hear much about it exceptthey are opening on Memorial weekend.  I guess the shuttle loop coaster is not ready or not even up yet!  I hope Silver Comet will be open on opening day.

1 hour ago, ricklap77 said:

Any news on the rides being refurbished at Niagara Amusement Park and Splash World!?  We don't hear much about it exceptthey are opening on Memorial weekend.  I guess the shuttle loop coaster is not ready or not even up yet!  I hope Silver Comet will be open on opening day.

Indiana Beach has taken the better part of two years (and counting) to refurbish and install Tripe Loop; this is a company that believes things get done when they get done, much like Knoebels. I wouldn't expect anything until its announced.

Given that the website doesn't list a thing about the rides in the dry park, I wouldn't expect anything but the water park and some kiddie rides to be running this year.  Which, what do you know, is exactly what was in the news release posted three posts ago on 3/31.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ricklap77 said:

They don't mention anything about the amusement park!🤨

Because, as had been discussed previously, they hadn't planned on opening much if any of the amusement park initially.