TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Earlier I posted a photo speculating that the truss structures were going to be the rings as depicted in the latest POV video released by Universal.

I was wrong, and a similar style truss structure for the rings in the video is being used to build a canopy for the queue.

I still believe the rings will go up.

It's just a finishing touch.

As I said before, Universal makes changes to their concept art (As seen with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter). The rings are depicted in the original concept art, the revised concept art, and all of the new videos released a week or two ago.

I believe that we will see the rings and the paneling for the lift go up really soon.

That's only speculation right now, nothings been confirmed on Universal end. I personally don't believe it, since Universal can't run their coasters after 11pm anyway.

I know about that.

But the Universal parks are not always open till 11pm.

For example in September they are only open till 6pm.

And I am going to visit the parks in September, so I can really use those extra operating hours.

Yes, a Citywalk entrance is planned, but it has been planned for some time in the future. The infrastructure was installed to support it during construction. It should happen eventually, but it's hard to say when.

The other coasters don't run late due to noise. This one has already tested to be quiet enough that, for now, running late is not an issue. Of course, time will tell.

I hope it will be the near future, like September.

And I am going to visit the parks in September, so I can really use those extra operating hours.

I hope it will be the near future, like September.

Don't be so worried. If you're going in September anyway, before HHN, the parks should not be all too crowded. A majority of the schools are back in session by then.

hey guys, i was on screamscape.com, and he pointed out that Universal has updated the HRRR website. there is a spot to check out the new trains! and it may be a surpise to some people, but the "lump" on the lap bar is not the camera, but in fact the interface to choose the song you want to rock to while riding! The cameras are actually on the back of the headrest from the seat ahead. Now for the front row, I'm not sure, b/c they didn't mention what they did for the front row. Check it out! http://www.hollywoodripriderockit.com/#/the-ride/vehicle

The website is awesome!

Couldn't find where to post this either, but Universal updated the Orlando HHN website too =]

I like it too, the poster board-ing on the walls, or whatever it is called. It gives it that flair the coaster needs. I really think the theming so far is perfect for the studios. Not over kill. I bet once the music is on, it will complete the package.

www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/06/13/orlandoooooooooo-115875-21437077/

Very interesting article there from The Mirror, a newspaper here in England. Suggests that some journo's have already been on the ride, and also confirms one song as Cypress Hill - Insane In The Membrane.

Have some people definatley already rode the rip ride rockit?

It's got to be opening any day now.

www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/06/13/orlandoooooooooo-115875-21437077/

Very interesting article there from The Mirror, a newspaper here in England. Suggests that some journo's have already been on the ride, and also confirms one song as Cypress Hill - Insane In The Membrane.

Have some people definatley already rode the rip ride rockit?

It's got to be opening any day now.

I highly doubt anyone has ridden yet. They just finished re-installing the lift a few days ago.

It sounds like he just got a behind the scenes tour of the attraction. Sea World held several tours before they opened Manta, so it's not surprising Universal is doing the same, albeit in a much smaller/less public manner.

There's another article here:

http://www.metro.co.uk/travel/article.html?Orlando,_Florida:_Theme_park_capital&in_article_id=674806&in_page_id=5

He also apparently got a hard hat tour of the site, and is also a British journalist... why the overseas favoritism, Uni? Anyway, he confirms one of the songs to be "Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive". So it looks like we know two of the songs now, unless these guys are just making these articles up as they go.

In actual attraction news, Johnnyupsidedown has added some new construction pictures to his website from this morning:

http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/new2009rr0.html

And finally, I found this article rather amusing:

http://www.lucian-bordianu.com/?p=11100

I assume english isn't the primary language of the guy who wrote that article, as he assumed "World's Highest Tech Roller Coaster" meant "World's Highest Tech Roller Coaster" and that when they stated the ride was 3,800 feet long, he assumed that to mean it was 3,800 feet high.

Haha yeah over 3,000 feet is just a small miscalculation from 167 feet .

I'm playing it safe(and since I live an hour away with season passes) and going July 5th. But does anyone know for a fact that July 3rd is the opening date? If not, its looking close for completion, and Universal by now should have an opening date on their website and announcing it, doesnt anyone think so? I think its a little bit odd they havent by now because Universal is usaully pretty good about this kind of stuff.

Don't go making any travel plans just yet. It's got a ways to go, but the hussle is on. The second train just got here last week. No riders yet.

He also apparently got a hard hat tour of the site, and is also a British journalist... why the overseas favoritism, Uni?

The British make up a substantial part of the guests who visit these kinds of parks for holiday, vacation to us. They are a very important demographic to both Disney and Universal. In fact, this reminds me of a story I read regarding the proposed exclusive jungle themed attraction experience that Disney has been working on for ages. A British fellow was taking an online survey for amusement parks, and once he stated that he was British, the survey provided him with a video to watch about that particular project and then requested feedback about his interest. Point is that he was considered an important customer because he comes from abroad with money to spend on vacation.