TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(While I was wearing a Cedar Fair jacket)

Where is the Cedar Fair set up?

Gold, just pure gold.

Also, pretty much all of my friends agree that Pony Express at Knott's is better than Perilous Plunge! I absolutly HATE getting wet, but I will STILL ride the latter, because it is that awesome.

Also, as for one person I know in the category above, her favorite rides are Ghostrider and Roar in the back row. Ghostrider was her first wood coaster, and I got her to ride in the back. (Not a good idea...) but she still loved it! Yet, she will not ride Demon, California Screamin, Revolution, any Boomerang, Montezooma's, or Revolution because they all have inversions. (Never been on an inverting coaster)

Soo, with her logic, a Pinfari looper has a more extreme layout than El Toro!

Every non coaster enthusiast in south jersey thinks that intenseness is roughness so people say its the roughest ride they have ever been on. Some people make rumors that when it goes up the lift, the lift is so fast it breaks then all the people fall and die. It is made of wood, so people hate it, and some even refrain from riding in study hall some people who remembered viper said that they would rather have that, so I guess loops matter a lot to the general public.

Every non coaster enthusiast in south jersey thinks that intenseness is roughness so people say its the roughest ride they have ever been on. Some people make rumors that when it goes up the lift, the lift is so fast it breaks then all the people fall and die. It is made of wood, so people hate it, and some even refrain from riding in study hall some people who remembered viper said that they would rather have that, so I guess loops matter a lot to the general public.

...plus I have been informed that Kingda Ka has fallen over, so watch out the next time you ride...

Got it.

Seriously, Hurricane Irene isn't that large of a hurricane, it makes no sense for a person who has common sense to believe Kingda Ka fell over.

Though, if Kingda Ka did fall over, it would be an awesome Fright Fest attraction,"Kingda Fall".

Heard this one today

"Where is the front row line for Windseeker"

and in line for Windseeker

"Once it gets to the top it drops down!!"

WIndseeker is a GP magnet. Good thing the line for it is much shorter now because I actually enjoy that ride.

Overheard Friday night @ Cedar Point while in line for one of the haunts:

Dork One: "When was the last time they got rid of a roller coaster at CP?"

Dork Two: "Last year when they got rid of Demon Drop."

Dork One: "I was sad to see they removed it, I liked it."

Dork Two: "Yeah, they moved it to Knotts Berry Farm."

Dork One: "When was the last coaster installed at CP?"

Dork Two: "Maverick - last year"

My partner and father were even rolling their eyes...and they're not even what I would call coaster nerds like me!

In fairness, when I was looking at the KI website's description of the ride last year before it opened, the wording was really confusing, and made it sound like it did drop. They were trying to compare it to Drop Tower, and I could see how that person may have misinterpreted it. Then again, they changed the description since then, so maybe the person was just being dumb.

In fairness, when I was looking at the KI website's description of the ride last year before it opened, the wording was really confusing, and made it sound like it did drop. They were trying to compare it to Drop Tower, and I could see how that person may have misinterpreted it. Then again, they changed the description since then, so maybe the person was just being dumb.

I saw that too, I was just laughing because part of the description was a copy & paste from the Drop Tower description.

Watching an 'illegally shot' video of a kid riding Demon...shame on the parents first of all for taking the camera on the ride and opening up the possibility of hitting their kid with it. The kid says (after going through the loops) "Mommee I did it! I made it through the circles with my eyes open!"

Today, one I heard when riding White Water Falls (splash boats with airtime bump) from a couple young kids behind us: "Woa! That ride was cool! It made me jump out of my seat!" (when describing the nice little pop of air the ride gives).

Also today (I shared this in the CGA thread but will also share it in more depth here), when riding Logger's Run. The entrance queue and exit path are pretty much right next to each other for a short distance. My cousin and I are getting in line via the ride's normal entrance while this group of 4 girls exiting the ride (running through the photo booth, the sound of flip flops slapping everywhere) make a quick turn and squeeze through the railing, 1 by 1, a few seconds apart...right in front of me. Getting tired of it after #2 went through, I vocalized that "The ride entrance is back there, use that" and then saying "Keep that kind of courtesy at home." So whatever then...no more slipping through and I just wait in line like everyone else. Once we get up to the boarding area, the ride attendant at the turnstiles tell the girls that "they need to go around, they cannot ride." After holding up the line for a moment, they move aside and the rest of us go through. They then somehow make it down the stairs onto the turntable to then even further argue with the attendants. We go to our assigned boat and go on our merry way. I think about 3 or 4 other logs behind us also went on their way. When we arrived back into the station, sure enough, the girls were still standing there! Finally they boarded their log. Long story short, they could have eliminated the argument, gone around and save the hassle on the worker's behalf. Word must have gotten around when I made the initial stink about the idiot line jumpers! With this said, kudos to the park staff for handling this situation rather than letting it slip by.

The funniest thing I heard recently was when I last went on Stealth at Thorpe Park. I was using the single rider queue so got sent to a random seat. I got in and strapped myself in fast, so as not to hold up the launch. Eventually I looked to my right to see who I was sitting next to me and it was a man who looked in his late 70s. Now I'm not ageist but he didn't look in the best of health. As we were about to launch he turned to me and asked "Was this a bad idea?".

All I could do was laugh and then we were launched. 30 seconds later, back in the station, he looked like he had had a heart attack. I was panicked for a moment before he started smiling and declared he was queuing up for a second go! Good on him!

At Nighthawk last year, we had this realllyyyyy old lady come up to the station using a walker. No, I'm not exaggerating. She was using a walker. She had to be at least 80. I don't recommend Nighthawk to people who are in good health, let alone 80 year old women using a walker! Regardless, she rode in the middle of row 4, and came back alive (thank God), and really seemed to enjoy herself. That had to be the most nerve-wracking 3 minutes ever.

I have really great memories of riding Titan (SFOT) with my granddad! At the top of the hill, he would always just say, "All right!" with a huge grin on his face.

Back on the topic of the GP making stupid comments, here is one I found on a video for Superman: The Escape (

).

"I'd laugh so hard if they remoevd the brakes at the top and you flew over it and came back downin line and the ride ended."

I saw a 70+ year old couple go on Invertigo, I respect older people to go on coasters becuase they are some hard core senior citizens that will experience life to the fullest until they die, and I will never stop riding roller coasters unless I have a health issue.