TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

So I've gone to town this year with the photo pass, to the point where the employee at the photos would be expecting me every time I got off the ride. I ended up with 34 photos from 12 rides (somehow she put a lot of duplicates) so it's hard to narrow it down to a few, but here goes.

5cb6edeb63664ac1a57f6e881fb050aa.thumb.jpg.c078bb5c30ee810cbdf4ae8a51d1e1ac.jpg

My first ride on this thing on Friday, 5/27. First train of the day, front row. Utter shock, and a cute stranger riding buddy

c40e071bd055437fb05d9692538f5855.thumb.jpg.619de891a1dd7c6f4bd4bbc989f789ea.jpg

That one time they didn't fill all the rows and I got probably the only picture to date as the only one in the back half of the train. I only chose to sit on the right to give it a chance, but I like the left better!

eb6e237304aa4c5fb8c8da60abd47dab.thumb.jpg.5c3f77748e4a56241f3bfbe45377a49e.jpg

Doug's first ride on Saturday, in the front!

639d52126e2a4fe2a88c2db21627126d.thumb.jpg.6c92ecfa3cb6fff69f99cc48600af935.jpg

Proof that Doug really does like the back better. Notice the change in facial expression between the two pics ;)

One more, shout out to the two red-headed guys that I ended up sitting behind twice and then jumping into their blasphemous conversation. They thought a certain coaster in Southern California was better (it's not) and they thought the front was better than the back (it's not). Also, I'm a little concerned about where my riding buddy is looking in this photo.

1f3bdd1cdc8d4749839bbf30a022e4d8.thumb.jpg.5c6e7a3648664473a6b92b9a69f7d6d8.jpg

Caught!

Nice, this kind of makes me think I should get a photo pass, haha.

Is that the same stranger in the last picture as in the first?

(Also, I might agree with the two red headed guys on part one, but I'm going to give it some more rides before I actually judge. They're definitely wrong on part 2).

^In denial

(Also, I might agree with the two red headed guys on part one, but I'm going to give it some more rides before I actually judge. They're definitely wrong on part 2).

Yeah, the photo pass has been great! I got pics at SFGAdv and SFNE (would have had more on Wicked Cyclone but one of the trains wasn't triggering the camera). Totally worth it this year.

And yes, same guy. After riding in the front with him, we took our second ride in the back. He had to go to work after that.

Red-headed guys took a selfie with me and said something about posting on their site. I was somewhat hoping they were TPR members and I'd get to see the picture on here.

^In denial

Yeah, the photo pass has been great! I got pics at SFGAdv and SFNE (would have had more on Wicked Cyclone but one of the trains wasn't triggering the camera). Totally worth it this year.

And yes, same guy. After riding in the front with him, we took our second ride in the back. He had to go to work after that.

Red-headed guys took a selfie with me and said something about posting on their site. I was somewhat hoping they were TPR members and I'd get to see the picture on here.

so with the new digital photo pass, do they add any of the artwork on any of them? i haven't had it since the USB drive. they always added it to all the pics then. just curious if the Joker doesn't have a graphic yet, or they just don't do them anymore.

There's this:

[attachment=0]a841609f40a04642b06c0c0b9a566ecc.jpg[/attachment]

But in seriousness, nothing Joker specific. There are some generic SFDK borders. On the website, it says my photo is available until 8/10 so I assume I can change all the borders when they make one available.

ah that's cool. yeah before you were stuck with what they gave you

Does anybody know if Joker works with normal Flashpass, or is it only Gold or Platinum like Superman?

I asked that at the flash pass desk on the friday it opened for passholders since I was in the building trying to cool off anyways.

The girl behind the counter told me for platinum, forgot if Gold includes it and you only get *one* ride on it. I suppose the platinum pass might let you ride in the same row twice but IMHO nothing but the back row would be worth riding twice in a row if you're paying for the pleasure of such a event.

Are the shows at SFDK on the same level as most of the shows through out the chain, or are they of a better quality?

Well, I believe at the moment that shows at SFDK are animal shows, so there isn't much to compare to a typical Six Flags park. But as far as animal shows go, I'd say they're pretty good and worth checking out if you're into that sort of thing. Another thing to point out is that some of the shows, such as Temple of the Tiger, are more about show-casing the main animal of the show (in this case the Tiger) and promote they're conservation, rather than just having them do silly tricks, which is quite cool!

Going out today. Hopefully its opened!

We are getting ready to board our flight up there. Maybe we will run into each other as we "beg" them to open the ride lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going out today. Hopefully its opened!

We are getting ready to board our flight up there. Maybe we will run into each other as we "beg" them to open the ride lol

Haha. Idk how accurate the website is either.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was hoping maybe it was up and down while they were working out the bugs and decided to show it as closed, so as to not disappoint the public. "Here is to hoping"

I've been waiting to sneak over for another round of laps on Joker too, so I'm also anxiously awaiting a report before I drive down since I'm about 60 mins away. Kind of a bummer to drive an hour not knowing.

I wish Six Flags had a live ride operating report on their website, an online version of the signs in the box office windows. I don't think that would be too hard nowadays if someone put forth the effort.